2020-2021 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! When was your interview day?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.65gpa (3.5 science) and 510 MCAT
Congrats! Are you IS or OOS?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you waiting for the final pool announcements (last year's were announced 1/29/20), I wish us all the best on this great swim.

Edit: And congratulations to those who were accepted on 1/19!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
631536F0-3209-439A-B589-E436F4DBEC8C.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think thats it for the As? Or will next Tuesday be the last round of As, pre final pool?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think thats it for the As? Or will next Tuesday be the last round of As, pre final pool?
I saw no reactions to any acceptances during the final week of January from last year's thread if that helps.

Pre-II R just now, OOS, complete 8/18. Good luck to those of y'all still waiting to hear back!

• Care
Pre-II R! Complete 8/24. Best of luck to those still in the running! :)

• Care
Pre-II R GANG! LM ~75,, submitted mid August. Good luck yall, heard this is a great school hope yall land the As!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
You think Iowa will notify us of final pool results today?

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Hey I'm working on an update letter and I know it expressly says this is not a space for a letter of intent but do people think it would be appropriate to say in a final sentence (after actual relevant updates) something along the lines of "thanks for your continued consideration, I still really want to go to your school"?

Hey I'm working on an update letter and I know it expressly says this is not a space for a letter of intent but do people think it would be appropriate to say in a final sentence (after actual relevant updates) something along the lines of "thanks for your continued consideration, I still really want to go to your school"?
I mean I think I ended mine “thank you for your continued consideration”. I think submitting an update already shows you’re still interested.

I don’t know why this would be out of bounds, just remember there’s a character limit for each update.

Is it okay just to give a grade update and not the other type of update? I have nothing new to say except for that grade I got in this class I took this semester.

whoops sorry this is delayed but I got the pre-II R yesterday too, OOS no real ties just loved the school 😪 best of luck to those remaining!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
No, that's why I was surprised haha. My time for a R is overdue haha
are you IS as well? I was wondering if all the R's yesterday were OOS and the IS ones will come. I keep refreshing...

Is it okay just to give a grade update and not the other type of update? I have nothing new to say except for that grade I got in this class I took this semester.
There is an area for academic updates where you can upload grades!

3.65gpa (3.5 science) and 510 MCAT

I filled my application update and grades last week so that certainly may have helped.
Did you use all three app updates? I am not sure if it looks bad to not use all of them or if I am being neurotic (which I most likely am)

Did you use all three app updates? I am not sure if it looks bad to not use all of them or if I am being neurotic (which I most likely am)
I only used one of them. I basically just listed all of my activities since completing the primary. There's a word limit, so there wasn't much descriptive space. I just put down the name of activity, contact, organization, and responsibilities. If I hadn't been accepted my plan would have been to use another update later in the week to explain what virtual shadowing is. Happy to answer any more questions.

• Love
same. but i see most people who got it were complete in august. i was complete in September, so I feel like its just a matter of time
I am well prepared for the R because they are done with interviews but am just happy to live another day lol. Maybe my time is today haha

• Care
Reactions: 2 users