2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any of the accepted students received their financial aid packages yet? I have yet to receive anything and want to know how much I'll be able to spend on rent, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
The admitted students just had a Q&A with one of the directors and he said that they admitted 52 students on the 15th of March which now makes about 450 As that have been sent out. As people start rejecting the offer they'll only start calling off the waitlist in June if it comes to that. Just thought I would pass on the information!
Last year people started getting off the waitlist in Mid-May. Did they specifically say they'll only start calling off the waitlist in June- are they bypassing May completely? That doesn't make much sense. Also, it seems our fears were confirmed that people in February were only interviewing for the waitlist. Tbh that's terrible, IU should have been transparent about that.

Also, I've been searching for an answer to this question but I keep get varying answers. IU has said that "All applicants will receive a decision notification by June." That's straightforward enough for acceptances and rejections, but I'm confused about what this means for applicants who are on the waitlist. Does this mean that applicants who are on the waitlist will be notified that they are on the waitlist by June 1st, or does it mean that all waitlist acceptances that IU plans to give out will be completed by June 1st, and no one will receive an acceptance after that? Clarification would much be appreciated, thank you!

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Rejected from REMP just now. Email says I'm "still in consideration for regular MD" but I highly doubt this.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
have financial aid packages been sent out ?
I haven't received anything yet, and none of my friends have either. I think when IU said it'd be the end of the month, they meant the very end

I like how I keep trying to convince myself I don't care about Indiana... and yet I keep snooping around the thread and logging into the applicant portal :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Would someone being willing to help me figure out how to access our One IU accounts to see the financial aid? Was that information we were supposed to given when we were accepted or are we just supposed to figure it out? Also, for reference, I had a One IU account in high school because I took a few dual credit courses.

Would someone being willing to help me figure out how to access our One IU accounts to see the financial aid? Was that information we were supposed to given when we were accepted or are we just supposed to figure it out? Also, for reference, I had a One IU account in high school because I took a few dual credit courses.
Go to www.one.iu.edu then click on view/manage my financial aid information. You'll need to select IUPUI as the campus and 2021-2022 as the financial aid year. That should show you how much you're eligible to borrow based on COA.

Go to www.one.iu.edu then click on view/manage my financial aid information. You'll need to select IUPUI as the campus and 2021-2022 as the financial aid year. That should show you how much you're eligible to borrow based on COA.
You have to have a one.iu account to sign in though. @runnersdisease, I contacted the office of admissions and they sent me my IU ID so that I could create an account.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to have a one.iu account to sign in though. @runnersdisease, I contacted the office of admissions and they sent me my IU ID so that I could create an account.
You're right. The admissions office should have emailed accepted students an IU ID# so that they can setup an IU one account.

Last edited:
That's about what I figured. I emailed admissions earlier today to hopefully get my IU ID, and I can go from there. Thanks!

Does IU usually have a lot of WL movement? Is there any data available?

Does IU usually have a lot of purgatory movement? Is there any foolishness available?
SDN is having fun with this waitlist "wait list" change lol.

IU does not communicate that much so there's no telling how much movement there would be. I interviewed in February and the completed email said that everyone would know their status by June 1st. I'm yet to receive a decision. I don't know if those on the WL (wait list) are included or if they would start looking into WL (wait list) after June 1st.

SDN is having fun with this purgatory "wait list" change lol.

IU does not communicate that much so there's no telling how much movement there would be. I interviewed in February and the completed email said that everyone would know their status by June 1st. I'm yet to receive a decision. I don't know if those on the purgatory (wait list) are included or if they would start looking into purgatory (wait list) after June 1st.
They also changed "d a t a" to "foolishness"

• Haha
Does IU usually have a lot of WL movement? Is there any data available?
Well MSAR says that ~60 of 100 are accepted off of the waitlist. Who knows if it will be any different this cycle. I still have hope that I got a WL, but still trying to temper my expectations and getting ready to reapply. Good luck everyone still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 5 users
Well MSAR says that ~60 of 100 are accepted off of the waitlist. Who knows if it will be any different this cycle. I still have hope that I got a WL, but still trying to temper my expectations and getting ready to reapply. Good luck everyone still waiting to hear back!
I’m the same way. If you expect the worst, you can’t be disappointed and it’s always better to be over prepared than under prepared. That is a lot more WL movement than I expected though. Also with covid, I expect more people applied to more places since they didn’t have to travel for interviews, so there could be more movement than that as well.

For those on the WL to the terre haute campus (rural program), I’ll likely be withdrawing my spot

For those on the WL to the terre haute campus (rural program), I’ll likely be withdrawing my spot
I appreciate you posting! I haven't heard anything from RMEP yet, and I know there have already been rejections, so I am assuming I am waitlisted. Good luck wherever you end up!

April 15th is waitlist day?

Reactions: 1 users
Is this as we’ll know WL vs R? Any chance of A that day?
So, there have been years with a few acceptances sent out on 4/15, so I definitely wouldn't 100% rule it out. Generally, though, 4/15 is the day that people get notification that they are on the waitlist. If you are destined to be rejected, you typically won't hear anything on 4/15, and rejections are sent out a few weeks after. There is some variability year to year, but that seems to be the general trend.

Is this as we’ll know WL vs R? Any chance of A that day?
The admin director stated at the webinar that "acceptances are still going out and that is why they invited interviewed applicants to participate in the regional webinars since they'll be able to rank"

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
The admin director stated at the webinar that "acceptances are still going out and that is why they invited interviewed applicants to participate in the regional webinars since they'll be able to rank"
Then why did they also say they’ve filled their class or whatever they said at the end of that March email?

Then why did they also say they’ve filled their class or whatever they said at the end of that March email?
According to another university I applied to, AAMC requires that universities have their classes preliminarily filled by 3/15, so I feel like the class is probably full when you consider this information combined with the email sent saying the class was full. I think people receiving acceptances from here on out will be replacing people who give up their seat. My previous understanding was that people taken off the waitlist were given a position at the campus of the person they're replacing. I wonder if the comment about students accepted after 3/15 being able to rank campuses is in reference to the "2nd chance lottery"??? I obviously don't know any more than anyone else about any of this - just basing things off reading through the threads and conversations with admissions offices at different schools.

Indiana likes to play coy when you email them about your status as well - "we reserve the right to issue more acceptances between now and 6/1," but based on AAMC rules, it seems those acceptances would have to be waitlist acceptances.

Every MD medical school under AAMC has to have the class filled by March 15th. not just Indiana. They currently accepted 450/365. But that doesn’t mean every accepted student selected “plan to enroll”. So there number on On April 15th, applicant will need to narrow down there acceptance to 3 so that will help with a lot of traffic.

Just got my first choice campus assignment :happy:

Edit: I just realized it was because I received a scholarship. Sorry for the false alarm.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Did you receive an email this morning or did your portal update?
Received an email at 8:51 AM EST

Edit: I just realized it was because I received a scholarship. Sorry for the false alarm.

Last edited:
Does Indiana accept any updates/letters of interest?

Does IU historically have major WL movement?

Just had some questions about applying early decision to IU, not sure if anyone here could answer them?

Basically I want to know if I'm screwing myself or not by applying early decision here and taking a big gamble in doing so; my gpa is going to be right at their cutoff (~3.65 cumulative but upward trend 2.87/3.9/4.0/4.0) and my mcat is above their average at 515. Born and raised in Indiana, went to undergrad at a smaller school, strong letters of rec, have lots of clinical hours from ED scribing but other than that my EC's are pretty cookie cutter...

Again sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I know several people who are students currently and have some extended family who are alumni, really like their program and would want to get in here the most.

Has there been any Rs at any point this year from people who interviewed or have all of the Rs so far been from people who did not interview?

• Hmm
Has there been any Rs at any point this year from people who interviewed or have all of the Rs so far been from people who did not interview?
I’m pretty sure all the Rs have been pre-interview. Next week we should start getting rejection/waitlist notifications.

Anyone with 3+ MD acceptance gonna drop there A at Indiana? Would greatly appreciate taking your spot

Reactions: 1 users
Why do they keep emailing about campuses and if I attended the webinar...YOU DIDNT GIVE ME AN ACCEPTANCE. GET OUT OF MY INBOX

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users