2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe around 2015 some ppl on sdn were accepted april 15 and got to participate in the lottery system šŸ˜…
To the best of my knowledge (so n=1), if you are accepted off of the waitlist, you do not get to choose your campus. However, those who are officially accepted (not off of a waitlist) can participate in the lottery system.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
To the best of my knowledge (so n=1), if you are accepted off of the waitlist, you do not get to choose your campus. However, those who are officially accepted (not off of a waitlist) can participate in the lottery system.
Thatā€™s stupid. Not all concentrations are available on every campus. For example, the Hispanic/Latino population one isnā€™t šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

More and more this is looking like a bullet I dodged

Thatā€™s stupid. Not all concentrations are available on every campus. For example, the Hispanic/Latino population one isnā€™t šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

More and more this is looking like a bullet I dodged
I just feel like they do a poor job of communicating. It's like they tried their hardest to make a poorly functioning admissions process. UIC, here I come šŸ‘‹

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just feel like they do a poor job of communicating. It's like they tried their hardest to make a poorly functioning admissions process. UIC, here I come šŸ‘‹
UIC has done sooooo much of a better job communicating with us and doing outreach. I've already seen housing guides for that place smh. I just need my campus placement from them and i'm done lol

• Love
The webinar email on a decision day just sealed it for me. Iā€™ll take my talents elsewhere.

Reactions: 4 users
So, apparently, everyone was supposed to have gotten that webinar email. People who didn't were those who were being considered EXCLUSIVELY for some of the SCPs (RMEP, for example), since they know where they would be placed.

I emailed them to ask about the status of my application, since I have nothing to lose from Indiana. I got a pretty generic answer that we are all still under consideration until a decision is sent to us, and the admissions office says they "reserve the right to extend admissions between now and June," meaning they *could* accept a few more people in April if they so choose, though I wouldn't get my hopes up based on the most recent years' threads.

Since most schools have been doing virtual interviews, applicants have been applying and interviewing at more schools than in most cycles. However, the top of the top applicants are still going to be the ones offered seats first. There will be quite a few applicants with multiple acceptance offers, and it follows that there would be decent waitlist movement this year after those top applicants narrow down their options.

Just thought I would share what I found out!

Reactions: 9 users
So, apparently, everyone was supposed to have gotten that webinar email. People who didn't were those who were being considered EXCLUSIVELY for some of the SCPs (RMEP, for example), since they know where they would be placed.

I emailed them to ask about the status of my application, since I have nothing to lose from Indiana. I got a pretty generic answer that we are all still under consideration until a decision is sent to us, and the admissions office says they "reserve the right to extend admissions between now and June," meaning they *could* accept a few more people in April if they so choose, though I wouldn't get my hopes up based on the most recent years' threads.

Since most schools have been doing virtual interviews, applicants have been applying and interviewing at more schools than in most cycles. However, the top of the top applicants are still going to be the ones offered seats first. There will be quite a few applicants with multiple acceptance offers, and it follows that there would be decent waitlist movement this year after those top applicants narrow down their options.

This was very helpful. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you for asking and sharing! I wish previous cycles ended by April 1st. Whether youā€™re reapplying or trying to narrow schools down, itā€™s stressful to be figuring things out as summer nears, 2022 opens, and classes start. This process is so antiquated itā€™s ridiculous.
Thank you for letting me vent.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Sorry for posting so long after I got the email, but I was accepted on Monday at 12:25 PM EST! Interviewed 1/13, LM 72, IS..good luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Per an email they just sent, they have admitted their last group of students for the class of 2025

Members don't see this ad :)
This sounds about right and on track given the past 5 or 6 recent years on sdn. Let's hope for a waitlist spot on April 15 lol

Could you screen shot or share a copy of the email?

Relevant part:

Now that we have admitted our last group of students for the Class of 2025 and they have been notified as of March 15th, we will focus on getting out financial aid notifications to all accepted students who have submitted a FAFSA for the 2021-2022 academic year. We hope to get this completed by the end of March. This entails working with the IUPUI campus Financial Aid Office to schedule loan packaging. Once the financial aid notifications are out and available to you through www.one.iu.edu, there will not be much we will be doing until June. In June is when we will be able to focus attention to completing the loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling as well as asking students to complete the Grad PLUS Loan Application and Master Promissory Note.

When is too early to ask for feedback about application for next cycle? I feel like itā€™s too early, but I plan on retaking the MCAT and was also wondering when the latest I could take that could be. I got an interview this cycle, so Iā€™m assuming Iā€™ll get one next cycle if I apply with my current MCAT score, but I think my MCAT score is why held me back from that acceptance. I wonā€™t have a lot of time to study for it and take it in May, but if take it any later, it will delay my application. So since I somewhat expect an interview and want time to study for the MCAT, I was hoping to try and be able to take it in July or August and just give an update. Obviously if I have to have my new score with my original application and canā€™t provide an update, I would have to start studying ASAP, which is why I wanted to email them about that and also ask for feedback on my current application. Anyways, do you guys thinks itā€™s too early to ask for feedback and ask about when the latest to take the MCAT is? Does anyone know IUā€™s policies regarding submitting an MCAT score after the application has already been submitted?

When is too early to ask for feedback about application for next cycle? I feel like itā€™s too early, but I plan on retaking the MCAT and was also wondering when the latest I could take that could be. I got an interview this cycle, so Iā€™m assuming Iā€™ll get one next cycle if I apply with my current MCAT score, but I think my MCAT score is why held me back from that acceptance. I wonā€™t have a lot of time to study for it and take it in May, but if take it any later, it will delay my application. So since I somewhat expect an interview and want time to study for the MCAT, I was hoping to try and be able to take it in July or August and just give an update. Obviously if I have to have my new score with my original application and canā€™t provide an update, I would have to start studying ASAP, which is why I wanted to email them about that and also ask for feedback on my current application. Anyways, do you guys thinks itā€™s too early to ask for feedback and ask about when the latest to take the MCAT is? Does anyone know IUā€™s policies regarding submitting an MCAT score after the application has already been submitted?
Whatā€™s your mcat

Whatā€™s your mcat
507 and itā€™s not evenly distributed, as I got a 125> on one section. My GPA is also not good enough (~3.6) to compensate for that MCAT score, but I can improve my MCAT score before next cycle; my GPA isnā€™t going to move.

MSAR shows the range of accepted students(particularly OOS) being from 502-521

MSAR shows the range of accepted students(particularly OOS) being from 502-521
I'm IS, so I have that in my favor. I just need to improve my application in a somewhat significant way if I want to get in, and the only thing I can really do before next cycle to do that is retake the MCAT. What's your personal opinion on my situation? Should I email them now about the MCAT, just start studying, or hope for the best this cycle? As I previously said, I'm IS and want to stay in state, so IU is really the only medical school I want to go to.

did anyone get an MCAT score below 508 and get accepted?
I was! I interviewed Jan 13 and was accepted in Februrary. 507 MCAT, 3.74 Cum, 3.64 science! My extracurriculars and letters of recommendation were what I think got me the A!

I was! I interviewed Jan 13 and was accepted in Februrary. 507 MCAT, 3.74 Cum, 3.64 science! My extracurriculars and letters of recommendation were what I think got me the A!
I had basically identical stats and got in. I had like 14000 hours of direct patient care as an ER/Flight nurse though, so that probably helped. Lol

I had basically identical stats and got in. I had like 14000 hours of direct patient care as an ER/Flight nurse though, so that probably helped.

I had basically identical stats and got in. I had like 14000 hours of direct patient care as an ER/Flight nurse though, so that probably helped. Lol
Congrats! When were you interviewed and accepted?

Relevant part:

Now that we have admitted our last group of students for the Class of 2025 and they have been notified as of March 15th, we will focus on getting out financial aid notifications to all accepted students who have submitted a FAFSA for the 2021-2022 academic year. We hope to get this completed by the end of March. This entails working with the IUPUI campus Financial Aid Office to schedule loan packaging. Once the financial aid notifications are out and available to you through www.one.iu.edu, there will not be much we will be doing until June. In June is when we will be able to focus attention to completing the loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling as well as asking students to complete the Grad PLUS Loan Application and Master Promissory Note.
Did we think that this email meant that notification of the recruitment scholarships assigned in January and February have already gone out? Or do all the scholarship offers go out at once at the end of March?

Did we think that this email meant that notification of the recruitment scholarships assigned in January and February have already gone out? Or do all the scholarship offers go out at once at the end of March?

Some have gone out already, but from the email it seemed like there will still be more! Also I'm sure more will go out after the CTE date, as people currently holding scholarship spots choose not to go to IU.

Some have gone out already, but from the email it seemed like there will still be more! Also I'm sure more will go out after the CTE date, as people currently holding scholarship spots choose not to go to IU.
Does the FAFSA have to be filled out to qualify for this?

Has anyone heard anything about an official second look event? I know they have the campus zooms but I feel like I really don't know a lot about the program the more I think about it. I emailed them asking but they never got back to me.

I know there should be some waitlist movement. A friend whoā€™s accepted has just chosen another school, as Iā€™m sure others will be doing soon if they have not already šŸ˜¶

Does anyone know how the rural program is different than the rest of the campuses? For example, what would rotations be like in Terre Haute? I'm wondering if most rotations would be family med and internal med based and then I would be required to drive to a different campus for other rotations that I'm interested in.
Also curious of this

The admitted students just had a Q&A with one of the directors and he said that they admitted 52 students on the 15th of March which now makes about 450 As that have been sent out. As people start rejecting the offer they'll only start calling off the waitlist in June if it comes to that. Just thought I would pass on the information!

This evening IUSM had a virtual social hour with the financial aid department.

Around 450 acceptances have been given out total. There were 55 acceptances given out in March. I think that proves most acceptances don't get posted on here.

Just thought I would share for anyone curious. The last round of merit based scholarships are being given out tomorrow.

The admitted students just had a Q&A with one of the directors and he said that they admitted 52 students on the 15th of March which now makes about 450 As that have been sent out. As people start rejecting the offer they'll only start calling off the waitlist in June if it comes to that. Just thought I would pass on the information!

This evening IUSM had a virtual social hour with the financial aid department.

Around 450 acceptances have been given out total. There were 55 acceptances given out in March. I think that proves most acceptances don't get posted on here.

Just thought I would share for anyone curious. The last round of merit based scholarships are being given out tomorrow.
So for people who haven't heard back after interviewing, are we on the WL or is there another round of decisions coming April 15?