2020-2021 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are they still sending out II? nov completion here

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
are they still sending out II? nov completion here
Last year they sent their last IIs (at least the last ones reported on SDN) on 2/13, so here's hoping they aren't done quite yet. November completion here too.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m fairly certain their last interview date is within the next 2 weeks
Yup asked my friend and they finish interviews before end of Feb so yall can def expect a couple more considering this year had covid delays

Reactions: 3 users
i just saw that the financial aid deadline is 2/15 - is that deadline of submission or deadline of when they receive it at their office? thanks!!

II yesterday. OOS ORM 4.0/525, complete late July
Wow - this late with those stats. Congrats anyways. Not sure if you will accept or decline based on your 4 As.

Curious - why did you decide to do 38 apps with stellar stats?

Wow - this late with those stats. Congrats anyways. Not sure if you will accept or decline based on your 4 As.

Thanks, and I am definitely accepting the interview - I really like Emory!

Truth be told I was paranoid lol, my ECs are cookie cutter and I don’t have a ton of clinical or service hours. My summer 2020 job hours were cut to part time so I was like “might as well apply very broadly...”

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
if you don't get the A on feb 15th, do you just not get an email/portal update? or do you receive an email that says you've been deferred to the next wave of decisions?

I'm a Non-trad with thousands of pt contact hours as a 911 EMT, hundreds of volunteer and research hours with an NIH grant to boot. Asking someone if their URM is offensive. It suggests that their stats (personal accomplishments) aren't enough to have gotten their foot in the door without factoring in their skin color. So if you hadn't guessed I am URM and I do actually find that rude. A better question would have been "what are your extracurriculars?" ...but if you're upset you didn't get an interview and need to blame it on my skin color, that's fine too.
I second this !!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats? Completetion date? OOS? Did you send an update letter? Please give me hope 😭

oh and congratulations by the way!! Happy for you :)
Thanks! 519/3.9. OOS. I was complete back in July. I did not send an update letter and was totally not expecting this II, but I am thrilled to have the opportunity. :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
if you don't get the A on feb 15th, do you just not get an email/portal update? or do you receive an email that says you've been deferred to the next wave of decisions?
You dont get an email/portal update. Source: me #sadge

Thanks, and I am definitely accepting the interview - I really like Emory!

Truth be told I was paranoid lol, my ECs are cookie cutter and I don’t have a ton of clinical or service hours. My summer 2020 job hours were cut to part time so I was like “might as well apply very broadly...”

I have similar stats and I have not received an II from Emory. Let this be a PSA that stats are not everything.

Reactions: 5 users
Just accepted!! Got the multicultural affairs office email!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I am literally unable to do anything except check my email, portal, and this thread. help

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Does it seem like there have been less reported A’s these last couple of months compared to earlier in the cycle?

Does it seem like there have been less reported A’s these last couple of months compared to earlier in the cycle?
Yes! It's hard to say if more people are just underreporting on SDN though. I know a few people who have received A's from Emory and they do not post on SDN

Reactions: 1 user
I am literally unable to do anything except check my email, portal, and this thread. help
could not be more accurate. also, do 100% of the people who met with multicultural affairs with an A get an email from them? in other words, if I met with MCA on my interview day and have not gotten an email, there is no hope for this round?

could not be more accurate. also, do 100% of the people who met with multicultural affairs with an A get an email from them? in other words, if I met with MCA on my interview day and have not gotten an email, there is no hope for this round?
Ive been wondering the same!

During my interview, some people were randomly sent back to talk individually with the admissions committee members. Does anyone know what that was about?

During my interview, some people were randomly sent back to talk individually with the admissions committee members. Does anyone know what that was about?
I think they part want to just get to know who you are but I wouldn’t be surprised if it somehow slightly factored into admissions scores. Like people say - every interaction on Interview day is probably free game unless otherwise stated. But the people I met were super chill and I actually stepped out to answer the door at one point but everything ended up being okay!

Is there a GroupMe or Facebook group for accepted students??

the same thing happened during my interview -- although I was not one of them. Did anyone get asked to speak to AdCom privately for 5-10 min?

the same thing happened during my interview -- although I was not one of them. Did anyone get asked to speak to AdCom privately for 5-10 min?
yeah I did but it was more of a 'do you have any other questions kind of thing.' it felt really routine and procedural, not at all like they were trying to get more info. I understand that can obviously be manufactured but it seemed like not a big deal at all

thanks!! i interviewed end of January and yes, I live in Atl!
massive W getting the A :) . Could you also let us know if you met with office of MCA the day of your interview // if you got an email from them prior to ur acceptance.

basically trying to figure out if we met with MCA and didnt get an email from them if that means no hope for this round.

massive W getting the A :) . Could you also let us know if you met with office of MCA the day of your interview // if you got an email from them prior to ur acceptance.

basically trying to figure out if we met with MCA and didnt get an email from them if that means no hope for this round.
hmm no I didn't meet with the office of MCA

anyone know if there are any more interviews left?

anyone know if there are any more interviews left?
I spoke with admissions today.
Their last interview is Feb 26, and all their invitations for that date have been sent out.
She said that IIs will be sporadically sent out through that time, only if others are turning down or pulling out of their IIs.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Their last interview is Feb 26, and all their invitations for that date have been sent out.
She said that IIs will be sporadically sent out through that time, only if others are turning down or pulling out of their IIs.
omg noooo that's so sad :( i really thought there was hope

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Guess my alma mater doesn't love me after all :cryi:

• Sad