2020-2021 Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Arkansas

Members don't see this ad.

Arkansas law requires we give preference to Arkansas residents. However, we may consider a limited number of non-Arkansas residents provided no qualified Arkansas resident is displaced. Typically, non-Arkansas resident applicants should have at least a 3.6 GPA and MCAT score of 28 or better on the old version of the MCAT or 506 or better on the new MCAT.

I'm a 505 MCAT OOS applicant, should I apply? I think I should. I do have ties to the state

Arkansas law requires we give preference to Arkansas residents. However, we may consider a limited number of non-Arkansas residents provided no qualified Arkansas resident is displaced. Typically, non-Arkansas resident applicants should have at least a 3.6 GPA and MCAT score of 28 or better on the old version of the MCAT or 506 or better on the new MCAT.

I'm a 505 MCAT OOS applicant, should I apply? I think I should. I do have ties to the state
I'm in state and definitely if you have strong ties it's worth a shot! It says on their website that around 85% of people accepted went to school in Arkansas, so I think ties are important.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just called about my interview and scheduled it for Oct. 3rd

October 3rd interview for me as well.

Will we get to see other applicants virtually on Oct 3rd?

I kinda fell off the planet for 1 month. Do you guys think it's too late to submit a secondary here?

I kinda fell off the planet for 1 month. Do you guys think it's too late to submit a secondary here?
They don't do rolling admissions so they don't look at any apps until Nov. 1st, so definitely not! Although the prioritize in-state pretty heavily.

They don't do rolling admissions so they don't look at any apps until Nov. 1st, so definitely not! Although the prioritize in-state pretty heavily.
I live in Texas and my stats are pretty high for this school, so I thought I'd give it a shot. :)

OOS here but my daddy was an alumna, does this help my app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing on October 24th. To anyone interviewing tomorrow, wishing y'all the best of luck! Please feel free to update on how the whole virtual interview process goes. ;)

Interviewing on October 24th. To anyone interviewing tomorrow, wishing y'all the best of luck! Please feel free to update on how the whole virtual interview process goes. ;)
Thanks! I'll be interviewing tomorrow morning so hopefully everything goes smoothly. Good luck to anyone else interviewing!

Everything went pretty smoothly for my interview! The student panel was super helpful. I had 3 interviewers and they were all super nice. Everything was pretty conversational. Good luck to everyone else interviewing!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone happen to have the secondary prompt for Arkansas for the 20-21 application cycle they'd be willing to share? I am trying to find out if it is the same as their 19-20 secondaries. Thanks!

Does anyone happen to have the secondary prompt for Arkansas for the 20-21 application cycle they'd be willing to share? I am trying to find out if it is the same as their 19-20 secondaries. Thanks!
no secondary essay, only if you have state ties

Just got an II, OOS strong family ties. Lower stat applicant. So excited :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Any news on December acceptances coming out soon?

Any news on December acceptances coming out soon?
Got mine this afternoon (IS applicant), they're sent out through the mail so it might take longer depending on where you live. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

ACCEPTED!!! Got it in the mail today. IS, URM.

I didn’t end up getting an email from UAMS at all this week— I was under the impression that they’d notify all OOS applicants of interview status by today.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I didn’t end up getting an email from UAMS at all this week— I was under the impression that they’d notify all OOS applicants of interview status by today.

Anyone else in the same boat
I think they will send some tomorrow.

Any OOS people still waiting for an II or rejection lmao?

I know of one friend who received her acceptance this past week. Fingers crossed for February!

I know two people who got their acceptances. One interviewed on the 23rd!

Has anyone received acceptance letter yet this February?

Has anyone received acceptance letter yet this February?
I called them to ask when they would be releasing letters in February and they said probably around the third week of February

I called them to ask when they would be releasing letters in February and they said probably around the third week of February
Omg that’s next week I’m so excited hoping for the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone hear anything?
Got my early acceptance (dated January 20th) on February 11th. Had to email Dr McLachlin and make sure I still had a spot since it was 3 weeks late. Didn’t have any acknowledgement of my acceptance on the portal. Hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else

will february acceptances be delayed with the weather? Times like this where i wish UAMS didn’t rely on snail mail 🥲

sent an email inquiry and they replied saying that letters will not be mailed out until next week, which is still ahead of their published deadline of Feb. 28!! 😃

Reactions: 4 users
I guess we will just wait another day...or more.

-Checked Mailbox
-Checked Email
-Checked Voicemail
-Checked UAMS COM Facebook
-Checked SDN
-Checked w/ friends

I did get a call about my “call warranty expiring” though.

Reactions: 3 users
I would assume they would send out letters before Friday the 26th. Considering their deadline is on Sunday the 28th. Please keep the thread informed if anyone hears anything!