2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Weird that AL was sent prior to filling seats? Or is that typical?
Idk if it’s typical or not but it was certainly unexpected given how AMC had explained it and how the previous years’ threads had portrayed the situation. Best of luck everyone. I hope we’ll get to meet one day

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
this is more selective...not everyone from UC gets into AL
That's what I thought, thanks. I was just confused with the wording of the email. Congrats guys!

Reactions: 1 user
PLUS, seats are still available BEFORE MAY 1st...I think a lot of us will be happy by the end of june :D

Reactions: 5 users
What does it mean if you're UC but didn't get the AL ?

What does it mean if you're UC but didn't get the AL ?
This is speculation on my end, but it could be that a person isn't that high enough on the ranked WL and isn't being further considered

From last years thread; they had similar problems with resubmission being possible on the Alternate Form. It seems to be normal and many of them chose to email the adcom just incase.

From last years thread; they had similar problems with resubmission being possible on the Alternate Form. It seems to be normal and many of them chose to email the adcom just incase.
I submitted the form, ur saying that we should email as well?

I'm worried about emailing them because they state that they don't want us to email them

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess im kinda confused. Why would amc make a UC list and then not accept anyone off that list? Why not just start with the AL?

I guess im kinda confused. Why would amc make a UC list and then not accept anyone off that list? Why not just start with the AL?
I believe they are expecting lots of withdrawals around April 30th, so they might as well just wait until the dust settles and start pulling then?

Also moved from UC to AL today! Fingers crossed for some good news soon

Reactions: 1 users
Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 1.57.14 PM.png

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if you are chosen off of the alternate list, does AMC email or call you? I know we had to provide our numbers but that was just for the month of august for some reason?

Does anyone know if you are chosen off of the alternate list, does AMC email or call you? I know we had to provide our numbers but that was just for the month of august for some reason?
I think they email As all other times but call in August since by then its literally right before class starts and they need an answer ASAP to fill their class

I think they email As all other times but call in August since by then its literally right before class starts and they need an answer ASAP to fill their class
"Yoooo classes start in 20 minutes you in cuz?"

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Yah makes sense, thank you!

It sounds like the overwhelming majority on the UC list has been placed on the alternate list

Thanks bigsgr! I got my alternate list invite earlier and was a bit confused

I'm guessing the chance of getting off the UC list is probably close to 25% at this point assuming 50 people were R or not placed on AL post II... So ~125seats left/ (750 II - 50 Rs -200 A's)

I'm guessing the chance of getting off the UC list is probably close to 25% at this point assuming 50 people were R or not placed on AL post II... So ~125seats left/ (750 II - 50 Rs -200 A's)
How do you know there are 125 seats left?

Withdrew my A this morning. Good luck to everyone out there still waiting... it only takes 1!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I can't take this torture anymore truly. Second-year in a row with the same damn timeline.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I can't take this torture anymore truly. Second-year in a row with the same damn timeline.
you were on the alt. list last year as well? Prayers my dude/sista

Did anyone else never get any contact from this school after secondary submission?

Withdrew my A from the from AMC. Best of luck to all!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
After I submitted the alternate response form it said I successfully submitted it. Now when I click back into the Alternate Response tab it shows me my responses but looks like it has the option to resubmit? Just wanted to make sure others who submitted their alternate response form are seeing the same thing!

After I submitted the alternate response form it said I successfully submitted it. Now when I click back into the Alternate Response tab it shows me my responses but looks like it has the option to resubmit? Just wanted to make sure others who submitted their alternate response form are seeing the same thing!
Seeing same thing, debating reaching out

Yep, same exact thing. Got me a little paranoid but I think thats for everyone. I submitted it like 3 times just incase lol

+1 it's always been like that haha

I have to throw down a deposit for another school next Friday, the 7th. We expecting UC movement by then?

I have to throw down a deposit for another school next Friday, the 7th. We expecting UC movement by then?
UC movement is no more, its just alternate list movement...AMC will pull starting off early May and can go well into August, so buckle in!

I'd put that deposit down.
Hey Dr.EMD, quick question because your were on the alt. list last year...in the alt list email last year, did they mention they still had open seats like they did this year?

Hey Dr.EMD, quick question because your were on the alt. list last year...in the alt list email last year, did they mention they still had open seats like they did this year?
Yup! Exact same email. That's why I said it'd be safe to put down a deposit to the other school.

Reactions: 1 users
I withdrew my A also. Good luck to the UC gang!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users