2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How'd your ex-roommate end up knowing about the financial aid if they withdrew their acceptance?
She had two offer prior to the 4/30 date which I think might have been 5/1 that year. She interviewed and was accepted in the first round (515 mcat 3.9 GPA out of Columbia) She did not receive the offer from the school she ended up going to till after the 5/1 date. But that was her dream school ,so basically she picked her first choice and took a chance

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
She had two offer prior to the 4/30 date which I think might have been 5/1 that year. She interviewed and was accepted in the first round (515 mcat 3.9 GPA out of Columbia) She did not receive the offer from the school she ended up going to till after the 5/1 date. But that was her dream school ,so basically she picked her first choice and took a chance
Got it, that makes sense. So do we need to withdraw all other acceptances (besides the 1) before April 30th? Or can we do it the day of?

I would probably take this up with the schools in anticipation of this and confirm with them that this is the reason you haven’t decided yet. I’m sure they can be accommodating given the circumstances.
You were right. I called AAMC and they said all these deadlines are just recommendations and to follow each individual school's rules. And I called the schools and they said it is fine to still hold more than 1 school after 4/30 if we communicate to them why that is. (In my situation, still waiting for a financial aid package from one of the schools to make a decision.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Mind saying the exact interview day you had? I also interviewed late March and was wondering if decisions on my day have been made
3/26. Good luck to you! Hopefully we'll be classmates one day :)

BTW - Albany told us that they accept ~300 students out of the ~750 they interviewed this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed late March. Received the Certiphi email this morning and AMC is now listed on my CYMS tool. My first A!! Can’t wait for the formal email :)
To clarify, you were not placed on the UC list prior to the decision correct?

ghosted here, found out today that interview season here has been over

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users
Is there anyone here that's on the FB page and can give a rough estimate of how many "other" people there are like upperclassmen/faculty/etc..?

Members don't see this ad :)
The lack of transparency by AMC regarding the under consideration status is so disappointing.

Reactions: 2 users
Aye yo....UC check 😐🥺

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Ayo UC member here!

In my AMC portal I have a new tab that says "Alternate Response" and gives this message when I click it:

We're sorry - the deadline for Alternate has passed. If you have any questions, please call the admissions office at 518-262-5521​

Did I miss something?? I'm freaking out lol

Reactions: 3 users
Ayo UC member here!

In my AMC portal I have a new tab that says "Alternate Response" and gives this message when I click it:

Did I miss something?? I'm freaking out lol
I have that too, that's strange... what did we miss?!

Withdrew my acceptance. Blessings and best of luck to all of you 🤗

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
I also have it. I checked the portal yesterday and it wasn't there. I'm hoping its a mistake?
yup! so I just called the admissions office number and she said they’re planning on sending out the email asking whether we would like to remain on the alternate list, which is why the tab appeared today. So despite what it says on the page, we haven’t missed any deadlines! :)

Well apparently the lady said, "if you would like to remain on the alternate list"...Maybe waitlist won't be formed until later this summer?
Based on last year’s thread, it seems that the alternate list form was opened on May 1. So I think we just have to wait for the email with more details. My guess is that the list is simply formed based on ppl who select “yes” to being on the alternate list. I just wanted ppl to know that we hadn’t missed the deadline :)

Based on last year’s thread, it seems that the alternate list form was opened on May 1. So I think we just have to wait for the email with more details. My guess is that the list is simply formed based on ppl who select “yes” to being on the alternate list. I just wanted ppl to know that we hadn’t missed the deadline :)
Oh they are using the term alternate list as waitlist then? That makes sense

I am currently on the UC list and do not have the "alternate response" tab in my application...maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? where did you guys see the new tab?

I am currently on the UC list and do not have the "alternate response" tab in my application...maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? where did you guys see the new tab?
On the home page when you first sign in, it's the second to last bullet point

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 1.18.42 PM.png

Oh huh, yeah I don't have that....does anyone know if not having that is a good thing or a bad thing?
I have no idea and just speculating, but I know that not all individuals that are UC, will be chosen for the waitlist...However I wouldn't fret just yet, and wait it out for at least this week.

Oh huh, yeah I don't have that....does anyone know if not having that is a good thing or a bad thing?
Hmm, I'm not sure. I know that not everyone who is UC will be placed on the alternate list, so that is my guess.... but I agree with @armaragon that it's best not to worry and to wait and see!

Also +1 to having the Alternate Response tab

I also have the Alternate Response tab. Will be declining though, so good luck to everyone else!!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else just get the AL email?

Reactions: 2 users
Does every UC get an alternate invite email or is this more selective?

Received the AL invite. So we’re one of the years that got no UC movement huh?

Received the AL invite. So we’re one of the years that got no UC movement huh?
This, and with the wording of the AL email, looks to be like there will be a healthy amount of movement!

Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 3 users