2019-2020 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!! I was in the middle of an experiment and had to calm down from shaking in order to continue… interviewed 11/11
Was it just now or earlier today?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted about an hour ago!!

Interviewed mid October

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
welp congrats everybody! seems like they are done for this release. see you back in feb

welp congrats everybody! seems like they are done for this release. see you back in feb
Didn't they say they would call over the weekend?

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't they say they would call over the weekend?

When I called the admissions office on Wednesday they said they hoped to start calling on Friday and into the weekend. Could have changed, though. I just want to know if I can stop obsessing over every buzz from my phone for the night/week

Reactions: 2 users
If we don't hear back now, can we pretty much expect a WL or R in February?

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R as well. After seeing their averages for shadowing, volunteering, and research hours prior to applying, I figured either your parents were doctors and you decided to become a doctor while a freshman in high school, or you took a year off before, during, or after getting your undergrad degree, or you had military or some other non-traditional experience such as a Masters degree or working as an RN or other health professional before applying. Congrats to all who got into Vandy! I'm into at least one med school and its a great school and have several more to hear back from that I interviewed with, so no matter what the future is bright, and I also know my individual effort will determine my future.

Reactions: 4 users
When they made the call, did they mention what kind of scholarship you will be receiving? Or do you have to ask to find out?

• Haha
When they made the call, did they mention what kind of scholarship you will be receiving? Or do you have to ask to find out?
I didn’t get a scholarship, but I imagine they would just tell you. There’s no reason they would have scholarship decisions made and withhold that/ wait for you to ask.

Anybody else not hear from MSTP? ☹️

Rest up folks, another potentially big day ahead of us!

someone asked this on my interview day- they said if you received one of the merit scholarships (75% or 100% tuition coverage) they would tell you on the phone call. If not they’ll tell you financial aid decisions will be made in April, but that’s for their need based aid.

Do they give out merit scholarships in both the December and February wave?

edit: according to last years thread, there were scholarships given out in feb

Last edited:
Good luck y'all, may the call be ever in your favor

Reactions: 3 users
My friend who also interviewed hasn’t heard anything and they interviewed the session before me. Hope that helps.

Maybe they haven't gotten around to calling everyone just yet so I'm still hopeful. Either way, congrats to you on the acceptance. Vandy is a great program

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Still nothing, huh? See y'all on the thread on February

• Sad
Rip so maybe no calls after all?

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Rejected pre-II yesterday. Was hoping to visit Music City :(

• Sad
Soooo. Maybe Monday? Tbh might call about the status of my app at one point...

"Candidates must reply to an offer of acceptance via an online process within two weeks of invitation".

Anyone remember when we can do this?

Soooo. Maybe Monday? Tbh might call about the status of my app at one point...

Let us know if they're gonna be making more calls if you do check in, please! Would love to know if they plan on calling again on Monday

Anyone who’s already accepted get an email/portal change?

Yes.

But also, I think it stands for the Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship
I don't think anyone calls it as CVS :) It's called CV (Cornelius Vanderbilt) and I believe it's 70% tuition.

So I take it that if you were not given an offer in the December batch then chances are pretty slim of receiving an offer in February? This is tough, I really like Vandy/Nashville