2019-2020 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what did they say, if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you for submitting your application to the MD program at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.

The Committee for Admissions has carefully reviewed your application materials and recommended that you not be offered the opportunity to continue your application process for the Entering Class of 2020. This final decision is indicative of the highly competitive nature of admissions to the MD program at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and does not reflect upon your qualifications to study medicine successfully.

We appreciate your interest in Vanderbilt and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

My life isn’t interesting and vandy agreed. Got that sexy pre ii R

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 on pre-II R and thought it was phrased in an off-putting way..

Reactions: 1 users
okay i should get off sdn my heart cannot take this

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you for submitting your application to the MD program at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.

The Committee for Admissions has carefully reviewed your application materials and recommended that you not be offered the opportunity to continue your application process for the Entering Class of 2020. This final decision is indicative of the highly competitive nature of admissions to the MD program at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and does not reflect upon your qualifications to study medicine successfully.

We appreciate your interest in Vanderbilt and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
What a BS letter. How hard is it to say we ran out of interview spots?

They blame it on competition but this step is wholly is dependent on bandwidth. they didn't need to wait until now to decide that someone is not competitive.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will really appreciate it if everyone who got accepted include their interview date please :(

Someone had to say it... if you have no intention of going here, why do you insist on posting?
because I had intention to go there, then something else intervened. Hence I withdrew. It's a free forum, so I don't see my posting causing any harm here.

• Haha
Interviewed late October and got the call!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Someone had to say it... if you have no intention of going here, why do you insist on posting?

Why you gotta talk about “rejecting a school” especially within 15 min of people being ecstatic from being accepted
because someone said the letter was BS. and I just related to that person's comment. I don't know why you are so sensitive. You already got Hopkins, so just relax a bit. It's not about collecting every possible A's in the world.

• Haha
  • Love
Lol youre right no harm on anyone other than pointing out your insensitivity ;)
well, I know how tense things can get. and we should stop commenting here! lol, people don't want to read our back and forth.

• Haha
  • Love
sorry everyone for disturbing the tense environment. new development! the admissions just sent me an email acknowleding my withdrawal. Lol. but I also got rejected earlier. ok ok, good luck to those still waiting!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
sorry everyone for disturbing the tense environment. new development! the admissions just sent me an email acknowleding my withdrawal. Lol. but I also got rejected earlier. ok ok, good luck to those still waiting!!
well thank god that's settled

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Hi everyone! I’m a student here and just wanted to send a huge congrats to everyone who has received ~the call~ today! Vandy is truly a special place and we would be very lucky to have you all join us here :)
To those still waiting— don’t give up hope & my fingers are crossed for you!
If anyone has any questions about anything whatsoever, feel free to message me!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
GOT THE CALL. I’ll be listening to 3 hours of dolly parton tonight.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 25 users
Just got the call—accepted MSTP!!! I’m crying, this is a dream come true :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Right when I asked, got the call and got accepted to the MSTP!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED WITH FULL TUITION OMMMMMGGGG

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users
How long are these calls lasting?

Reactions: 1 user
I am SO EXCITED to meet y’all!! And for the hot chicken

ACCEPTED!!! I was in the middle of an experiment and had to calm down from shaking in order to continue… interviewed 11/11

• Love
Reactions: 6 users