2019-2020 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Keck asks for a photo upload.. Crap, totally forgot about getting a professional secondary photo..

Members don't see this ad.

Keck asks for a photo upload.. Crap, totally forgot about getting a professional secondary photo..
Doesn’t have to be professional. Throw on a button and and get one outside or against a plain background

If I submitted 7/5 and not heard anything but somebody who submitted on 7/6 got an interview, does that mean they saw my app and decided to not give an interview? ):

I have friends from last cycle that got interviews later on (even after submitting earlier) and they got acceptances from Keck. Don't worry! :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the character/word/sentence is for the URM question? I am a bit confused if it's 3-5 sentences like the previous questions on the page or if it's unlimited. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the character/word/sentence is for the URM question? I am a bit confused if it's 3-5 sentences like the previous questions on the page or if it's unlimited. Thank you!

I kept it at 5 sentences since it says to do that at the top of the page I think its assumed to do that for the URM question too.

Reactions: 1 users
II received, submitted 7/10

Reactions: 8 users
For those answering the reapplicant question, how in-depth are you going? (ie: "I attended n interviews which resulted in n waitlists" or more vague "After attending interviews, I was placed on the waitlist for each school")

For those answering the reapplicant question, how in-depth are you going? (ie: "I attended n interviews which resulted in n waitlists" or more vague "After attending interviews, I was placed on the waitlist for each school")
I specifically mentioned the schools and outcomes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized that one of my answers had 6 sentences. I submitted a few days ago. I just realized now. I'm so so so sad.

How screwed am I?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I just realized that one of my answers had 6 sentences. I submitted a few days ago. I just realized now. I'm so so so sad.

How screwed am I?
You didn't follow the rules, you're out!!

To be hones though, I think you'll be fine.

How screwed am I?

rip...i'd recommend going to the store to pick up some extra sunscreen

Submitted secondary, application complete on 7/15.

LizzyM 70.4, cGPA 3.64, MCAT 515, In-state. Keck is gonna be a reach for me but I feel like I do have a chance! Would love to stay in LA for med school. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
IIs received 7/15, secondary submitted 7/12

Reactions: 3 users
Pretty sure I'm getting an R. Regardless, I am glad I shot my shot. Best of luck everyone else!

Added USC to my list 7/18, and I received and submitted my secondary 7/19! Good luck to everyone!!

Edit: Completed 7/20!

Last edited:
Submitted 7/20, not really feeling confident about the secondaries tho. LizzyM 74, let’s see what happens

Do schools send IIs over the weekend or can I stop refreshing my email >_<

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Does being low-income count as being part of a group that is underrepresented in medicine? I know that the term URM on here typically refers to racial and ethnic background

Does being low-income count as being part of a group that is underrepresented in medicine? I know that the term URM on here typically refers to racial and ethnic background
I would say no. Look up the URM definition on the school’s website.

URM? Hell no. Disadvantaged? Maybe

II 07/23 after submitting and receiving secondary 07/19 (CA applicant). Super excited about this one!!

Reactions: 8 users
Just submitted my secondary today :') good luck yall, let's do this!

"Describe a situation in which you didn’t get something you felt you deserved."

Did you guys just describe the situation and nothing else?

"Describe a situation in which you didn’t get something you felt you deserved."

Did you guys just describe the situation and nothing else?
I briefly mentioned how I responded

I briefly mentioned how I responded

yea, I was thinking of doing the same. I feel like we need to make it brief or else adcoms might think we're writing a sob story or something. Am I overthinking it? lol

So I just submitted my secondary last night and I just got a call from the dean of admissions. Anyone heard of this happening before? I don't know if this is good or bad haha.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
So I just submitted my secondary last night and I just got a call from the dean of admissions. Anyone heard of this happening before? I don't know if this is good or bad haha.

That’s interesting. What was the call about? I assume you can infer good or bad based on the call?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
yea, I was thinking of doing the same. I feel like we need to make it brief or else adcoms might think we're writing a sob story or something. Am I overthinking it? lol
Yeah but it’s normal to overthink. Don’t make it a sob story if it isn’t a sob story! Just get your point across and maybe a lesson from it

Yeah but it’s normal to overthink. Don’t make it a sob story if it isn’t a sob story! Just get your point across and maybe a lesson from it

Yup, making it short and quick. It's trivial, so I'm going to make it seem passive in tone

That’s interesting. What was the call about? I assume you can infer good or bad based on the call?
Well I didnt answer because I didnt recognize the phone number. She left a message that just said to call her back. I did about 30 minutes later, but she had left for the day.

Happened to me. Had a pleasant brief conversation with her and got an email about my II later that day

Happened to me. Had a pleasant brief conversation with her and got an email about my II later that day
Well congrats to both of you then! I got an II as well but did not get a phone call? Wonder what that's about...

LizzyM 75 and submitted this one quite early. A bit bummed that I haven't heard back seeing as some people have heard back in 1-3 days...

It's pretty early, but man it would be nice to get some love.

Reactions: 5 users