2019-2020 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know an accepted student who said the deadline to RSVP for the second look day is Saturday. So hopefully we will hear by Friday so that we can RSVP to that!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I know an accepted student who said the deadline to RSVP for the second look day is Saturday. So hopefully we will hear by Friday so that we can RSVP to that!
They actually just sent out an email saying the Spring Preview has been canceled as a precaution to avoid spreading the coronavirus:/

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello upper tier wait list peeps, me too :(

Reactions: 1 user
Do we know our odds of getting in off upper tier? Or is it just a hope and wait thing

Do we know our odds of getting in off upper tier? Or is it just a hope and wait thing
I know several people who got accepted off of the wait last year, but I think it’s definitely just a waiting game sadly

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm these WL emails are making me nervous. Has anyone heard anything regarding accept/reject since December? Feeling like the R may be coming my way....

Hey everyone! I am committed to Greenville and beginning to look for housing! I will be touring places the first weekend in April. Reach out if you are interested in rooming together first year! :)

One of my colleagues got the post-interview R here today. Not even my school, but man does it burn me too. I just gotta say, y'all who got accepted here must be absolute rockstars, and I wish each and every one of you the very best this school has to offer. Competition was fierce this cycle!

Post-II R yesterday. This one hurt more than any. I am so unbelievably fond of this school. They do things differently and are shaping incredible physicians. And I am so excited to see what Dean Jenkins does. She seems amazing. To those accepted - congratulations!!

• Sad
I know SDN is a small population of people who are actually applying to this school/getting feedback, but reading back through the feed there have been a "continue to evaluate" post II in October (posted later), acceptances November 1, rejections and acceptances December 17th, then the rush of pre-II rejections February 27th, and waitlists development on March 9th with the status of "upper-tier", followed by post-II rejections March 10th.

It'll be interesting to see if other tiers of waitlist get released later, but it seems like *per SDN reporting* that they did most of their acceptances early in the year and then have been developing a waitlist that may or may not have fluff wording of "upper-tier" to calm us all waiting for our 10th month of this process.

I know SDN is a small population of people who are actually applying to this school/getting feedback, but reading back through the feed there have been a "continue to evaluate" post II in October (posted later), acceptances November 1, rejections and acceptances December 17th, then the rush of pre-II rejections February 27th, and waitlists development on March 9th with the status of "upper-tier", followed by post-II rejections March 10th.

It'll be interesting to see if other tiers of waitlist get released later, but it seems like *per SDN reporting* that they did most of their acceptances early in the year and then have been developing a waitlist that may or may not have fluff wording of "upper-tier" to calm us all waiting for our 10th month of this process.
Last year though it appears that quite a few people got in off the list, at least from what the thread shows!
I was a February interview that got wait listed upper tier. So I think there is still hope, don’t get down on yourself!!
Also the other tiers were released, those people just aren't sharing. I have a friend who was placed on a different tier!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I have not heard of any yet but probably would not expect any until late April.

Are there any people waitlisted that are in the middle or lower tier? I have only seen upper tier on here.

Are there any people waitlisted that are in the middle or lower tier? I have only seen upper tier on here.
Last year though it appears that quite a few people got in off the list, at least from what the thread shows!
I was a February interview that got wait listed upper tier. So I think there is still hope, don’t get down on yourself!!
Also the other tiers were released, those people just aren't sharing. I have a friend who was placed on a different tier!
Someone posted before that they knew people who have received other tiers, so there are others out there! It's hard sometimes to remember that SDN won't be a full representation of school decisions.

Any updates? Anyone know how many are on the waiting list?:)

Is getting in off of the lower tier a possibility? I know they've rejected people in the upper tier before so it seems like there's probably not much of a chance.

Is getting in off of the lower tier a possibility? I know they've rejected people in the upper tier before so it seems like there's probably not much of a chance.
You never know. It depends on how many are on each tier. Fingers crossed that this year‘s Pandemic shows we need more Dr’s! Best of luck!

Anybody hearing of movement? Getting closer and closer to that April 30 deadline!

Withdrew my A ! Good luck to everyone still waiting, this place is awesome and I’m sad to have to let it go.

Anyone know how likely it is to get accepted off of “lower tier” waitlist? Thinking about living situations and wondering if I should sign a lease in the city that I am currently in if it is not likely that I will get to move to Greenville.

Did you get a call or email? Did you send any updates or anything since your interview?
I got a text before saying to call when I got a chance! (I did within 30 seconds)

I sent one update within a week after my interview (2/18) but nothing since then.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how likely it is to get accepted off of “lower tier” waitlist? Thinking about living situations and wondering if I should sign a lease in the city that I am currently in if it is not likely that I will get to move to Greenville.
I don’t want to discourage you, because every cycle is different. But last year I was placed in the upper tier of the waitlist and didn’t make it off:/ this is a very popular school choice

Been following this thread for a few months, just made this account to update y'all since I'm sure you've been anxiously waiting like I have. I was just accepted off the waitlist a couple hours ago! They just called me, no text.
I'm IS, interviewed in December, got placed under further review, then waitlisted upper tier. I submitted an application update back in January and a letter of intent in February but nothing since.
But there's movement, stay positive guys I'm sure more spots will be opening over the next few days!

Reactions: 6 users
Been following this thread for a few months, just made this account to update y'all since I'm sure you've been anxiously waiting like I have. I was just accepted off the waitlist a couple hours ago! They just called me, no text.
I'm IS, interviewed in December, got placed under further review, then waitlisted upper tier. I submitted an application update back in January and a letter of intent in February but nothing since.
But there's movement, stay positive guys I'm sure more spots will be opening over the next few days!
That’s awesome. Hopefully we get a few more calls today. I’m upper tier as well and have not heard back yet. From what I’ve seen on this page last year it didn’t seem as though they were even to get past the upper tier. A lot of upper tier waitlist didn’t make it. I just wish I knew how many people are in upper tier

Just joining this board. I Interviewed 01/08 and was also waitlisted upper tier... hopefully there will be good movement this year.

Just joining this board. I Interviewed 01/08 and was also waitlisted upper tier... hopefully there will be good movement this year.
I feel like a lot of people got waitlisted upper tier. Hoping my name comes off.

Yeah why do I feel like everyone is upper tier. I didn’t think it would be this many people
I know. It is kind of disheartening. I don’t know why schools put so many on the waitlist. Especially Greenville, because they usually don’t have tons of movement. I do know a couple people who were lower tier.

I see USC-Columbia has had a lot of waitlist movement, it looks like they are accepting off of middle-tier now. Operating under the assumption that most people with A's are choosing one of the other SC schools is it reasonable to assume that the waitlist movement will be slower at MUSC and USC-G?

I'm just spinning gears....and anxiously hoping for good news. I hate the lack of transparency right now

My boyfriend and I just withdrew acceptances here so that's 2 spots opening up. I absolutely loved it here and had a hard time letting it go! I know it's only 2 spots, but there will be waitlist movement and I hope y'all hear good news soon!! :)