2019-2020 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who have interviewed, how long did they say it takes to receive an acceptance/rejection? I’m interviewing in September and I’m curious!
Supposed to hear back today I think- so like 1.5 weeks roughly.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who have interviewed, how long did they say it takes to receive an acceptance/rejection? I’m interviewing in September and I’m curious!
I interviewed Tuesday (Aug. 27th), and they said they'd let us know Friday (Aug. 30th)

I also interviewed Tuesday. I wonder what time today they will start contacting us today. Been nervous all morning haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted!! I got the phone call about 30 min ago. If you get a 435 area code call answer the phone haha

Reactions: 4 users
I got accepted!! I got the phone call about 30 min ago. If you get a 435 area code call answer the phone haha
Congratulations!! My palms have been sweating all day, I’m so nervous. I interviewed the 21st

I think you can log in to the portal to see your status. I think I got wait-listed. Bummer.

I got denied, just got the email. Sad about it, I really loved the school.

But good luck to everyone applying/interviewing!! It really is a great program and location, hoping y’all have better luck!

Last edited:
I got denied, just got the email. Sad about it, I really loved the school.

But good luck to everyone applying/interviewing!! It really is a great program and location, hoping y’all have better luck!
Sorry for the bad news. I’m assuming my waitlist is also a rejection. If you got an invite that early, you’re probably a good candidate for another school. Let’s just learn from it and do better on the next one. Best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
What was the interview day like?
Wonderful. The Dean gave a presentation about the school, followed by lunch & a tour of the school. Then the 35 minute interviews, and a few more tours & presentations happened.

Wonderful. The Dean gave a presentation about the school, followed by lunch & a tour of the school. Then the 35 minute interviews, and a few more tours & presentations happened.

That sounds great! Thank you for sharing

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my RVUCOM secondary on 8/20. How long(ish) should I anticipate to be moved from APPL status to File Complete status? Has anyone heard back who submitted late August? Thanks in advance y'all and congrats to those with interviews and acceptances!

I submitted my RVUCOM secondary on 8/20. How long(ish) should I anticipate to be moved from APPL status to File Complete status? Has anyone heard back who submitted late August? Thanks in advance y'all and congrats to those with interviews and acceptances!

I submitted mine on 7/22 and I’m still APPL. Haha

EDIT: just kidding I just checked and I was complete on 9/6, haha

Last edited:
II just now! Scheduled for 9/26!

Last edited:
Hey guys! I'm also a student at RVU (just a first year, so I only started a couple of months ago) and I'm here to help out if anybody has questions.
Additionally, my wife and I do Air BnB in our spare bedroom (casita/separate entrance) if anybody is looking for a place to stay during their interviews. Take a look if you're interested: Brand-New Private Casita Suite - Houses for Rent in Ivins, Utah, United States
I would love to answer any questions/help you prep for the interview in any way possible!
Hi! Thank you for offering your help! I have a couple of questions about the interview format. Is it one on one or two on one? Is it open file?

Hi! Thank you for offering your help! I have a couple of questions about the interview format. Is it one on one or two on one? Is it open file?
From a current student in last year's thread, "I would just expect a traditional 2 on 1 interview with the same standard questions you'd get at other schools. Be prepared to address and talk about everything on your application. There are really no curveballs thrown at you or anything like that."

I only selected Utah campus. My Lizzy score is 63 and I’m a non-trad. I recvd the interview invite a a few weeks ago and I interview in Aug 20.
Hope your interview went well!! Im an OOS non-trad applicant as well. Do you mind telling us when your file went from APPL to FILEC and then you received an II? Thanks in advanced!

Can anyone, current students especially, explain how this school being for-profit affects the quality of education/residency placements/board scores? Thank you.

Hey guys! I'm also a student at RVU (just a first year, so I only started a couple of months ago) and I'm here to help out if anybody has questions.
Additionally, my wife and I do Air BnB in our spare bedroom (casita/separate entrance) if anybody is looking for a place to stay during their interviews. Take a look if you're interested: Brand-New Private Casita Suite - Houses for Rent in Ivins, Utah, United States
I would love to answer any questions/help you prep for the interview in any way possible!
Are you required to pick a track?

So I got accepted & I am wondering if I was supposed to receive an email & a letter in the mail right away? I can see on my RVUCOM page that I have an accepted tab, but I have not received an email or letter in the mail yet. Thanks.

So I got accepted & I am wondering if I was supposed to receive an email & a letter in the mail right away? I can see on my RVUCOM page that I have an accepted tab, but I have not received an email or letter in the mail yet. Thanks.
Congrats! Stats? How was the interview?

Can anyone, current students especially, explain how this school being for-profit affects the quality of education/residency placements/board scores? Thank you.
I was worried about the for-profit status potentially affecting the quality of education as well, so I asked about it when I interviewed. Both of my interviewer were faculty members, and they denied any impact on education at all. They stated their previous experience at nonprofit institutions actually involved more "talk of money" than at RVU, so that was interesting.

I was worried about the for-profit status potentially affecting the quality of education as well, so I asked about it when I interviewed. Both of my interviewer were faculty members, and they denied any impact on education at all. They stated their previous experience at nonprofit institutions actually involved more "talk of money" than at RVU, so that was interesting.
Thank you, that's good to hear.

So who else in this thread has been on File Complete for over two months? I have not heard about any interview dates or rejections thus far. Unsure what to think about this.

Reactions: 2 users
So who else in this thread has been on File Complete for over two months? I have not heard about any interview dates or rejections thus far. Unsure what to think about this.
My file was complete back in July and I got an II last week.

Bruh admissions stats last year states that 68% of the class of 2023 is male, 32% female.....what is going on?

• Wow
I saw the students for the 2023 class got their white coats today! I can’t wait to be apart of the 2024 class! So if classes begin in July, why do they wait a while before the white coat ceremony?

I saw the students for the 2023 class got their white coats today! I can’t wait to be apart of the 2024 class! So if classes begin in July, why do they wait a while before the white coat ceremony?
Some schools just do it depending on their calendar. ICOM also just received their white coats yesterday.

It's because they like to do it at the outdoor amphitheater, called Tuacahn. And since it's so hot here they wait until it cools down.

It probably also works out better for the higher ups who attend both campuses because I'm pretty sure Colorado has theirs in July

I wouldn't freak out. Sometimes no news is good news. And to give some comfort, I haven't even reached "File Complete" status and its almost been two months. Sounds like they're backed up. Hang in there!

**EDIT: I went to File Complete status and almost immediately (within a day or two) received an R. First one of the cycle. So I'd imagine, like I said previously, no news is good news. Congrats to all the II's out there!!**

Last edited:
My dudes, who’s interviewing tomorrow?

So.... no interview yet.... I did get interviews at the university of Washington, Washington state, comp nw (accepted), azcom, western, pnwu, and midwestern.... I have a friend who goes here which is why I wanted at least a chance... anyone who got an interview from Washington?

I wouldn't freak out. Sometimes no news is good news. And to give some comfort, I haven't even reached "File Complete" status and its almost been two months. Sounds like they're backed up. Hang in there!

**EDIT: I went to File Complete status and almost immediately (within a day or two) received an R. First one of the cycle. So I'd imagine, like I said previously, no news is good news. Congrats to all the II's out there!!**

Dang, sorry to hear that. But keep your head up it's still very early in the cycle!!
Do you mind sharing your stats and if you've shadowed a DO?
Sending you positive vibes.

Dang, sorry to hear that. But keep your head up it's still very early in the cycle!!
Do you mind sharing your stats and if you've shadowed a DO?
Sending you positive vibes.

I was surprised it didn't inspire v negative feelings. One less school I have to hyper focus on and at the end of the day, I am happy to go to a school that is invested in my success b/c they believe in me. I have other interviews to look forward to and consider myself lucky. No point in dwelling on things that I cannot change. :)

And I'd be happy to share some feedback so others can have an idea of where they stand. Im a non traditional applicant. First time applying.

mcat 504 (with lowest section in Psych), uGPA: 5.49 (Upward trend in GPA)

Work experience as a Research Assistant, Medical Scribe, Caregiver, Physical Therapy Aide, and I spent a summer going through clinical training as an EMT
President of my schools Pre-health organization
Went to Haiti on a mobile medical trip
Tutored Organic Chemistry
Currently getting my Masters in Biomedical Science

I've worked a few shifts with a DO on staff, but I was never working directly with him. So I had no DO letter or put anything on my application showing experience with a DO.

Also-- I am a Texas Resident, which I've heard can hurt you, but who knows how true that really is. I hope this helps! Different schools emphasize different aspects of an application. I have seen people who got R's to schools I got interviews to and vice versa, so there is no "better" application in some cases.

Again, at this point in this cycle, other than those who got II's, no news is good news! Goodluck @danceintomed !

II just now!! It's my first ever so that's so exciting!!

ORM, LM-64, super OOS from the east coast
Secondary submitted 9/22

Reactions: 1 users
II on the 27th! Also my first ever! Anyone else going Oct 21 I’ll see you there.

LM: low 60’s. Nontraditional with lots of HCE.
Supplemental 8/16, Complete 9/19

II for November 23rd!! Who else is interviewing that same day??

II yesterday. complete mid July. LM 65. OOS. I had multiple dates available till late November. Picked the earliest option at 10/16

How is everyone getting from the airport to Ivins? I've never taken an Uber that long so I guess I don't know if this is a reasonable thing to do, or are there other options?

Accepted! Just received the call! Interviewed 9/26

Last edited:
Accepted! Received the call about an hour ago!

How is everyone getting from the airport to Ivins? I've never taken an Uber that long so I guess I don't know if this is a reasonable thing to do, or are there other options?

there is a shuttle from Vegas to st George. Google “st George shuttle” Or I think there is one called st George express. But then you would have to Uber to the school. I would look into renting a car

Ive been on FILC for almost two months now. Am hoping a decision is made for an II soon :)

I checked my portal and it says interview invite but I haven’t received an email or directions on how to schedule the interview.

Does anyone know what dates they have available? Do they take a few days to send the email?