This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone tell me their letters of recommendation requirement? The school website is down and I can't find any information online

Members don't see this ad.

What is the prerequisite model the school's website is down every link says 404 removed

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else just get bamboozled with an email talking about their new admissions website...

Reactions: 7 users
I swear they do stuff like this no purpose man.

Reactions: 3 users
On my app status, there is a green check mark under processed/complete for the CASPer Test, but under details it says “CASPer test score has not been received”. Anyone else have this on theirs? I have already been forwarded for preliminary review as well. I took CASPer 2 months ago, and they said on their end they have sent everything.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else just get bamboozled with an email talking about their new admissions website...
Received it just now :uhno: They thought I'd be so interested that they sent me the same email twice!

Reactions: 1 users
Received it just now :uhno: They thought I'd be so interested that they sent me the same email twice!

I had read the thread before I got the email and it still bamboozled me.

On my app status, there is a green check mark under processed/complete for the CASPer Test, but under details it says “CASPer test score has not been received”. Anyone else have this on theirs? I have already been forwarded for preliminary review as well. I took CASPer 2 months ago, and they said on their end they have sent everything.

Same here. My CASPer results were sent out some time last week cuz I got an interview from a school that requires the results prior to invitation. I think it just might be an issue on MSUCHM’s end.

I have this as well. My status is "Application Complete - Forwarded for Review" so I think we're good

Just got "forwarded for preliminary review"

Members don't see this ad :)
Same, even though that has been my status on the portal for awhile now
at the bottom of the email it explains that after the preliminary review is complete then we will be notified about the interview decision

at the bottom of the email it explains that after the preliminary review is complete then we will be notified about the interview decision
Right, I just wondered if it was a good sign, a bad sign, a neutral sign, or some other sign that I'm not thinking of.

Reactions: 1 users
Right, I just wondered if it was a good sign, a bad sign, a neutral sign, or some other sign that I'm not thinking of.

Let’s hope it’s a good thing

My Casper text bubble has been green since I submitted but had always said "Your casper test has not been received" .... got the same email this afternoon about my application being forwarded for preliminary review, and now my casper test said it has been received. (I completed the Casper test over 2 months ago and submitted it the day of).... maybe they are just realizing the glitch in the system now and thats why we received the email.

My Casper text bubble has been green since I submitted but had always said "Your casper test has not been received" .... got the same email this afternoon about my application being forwarded for preliminary review, and now my casper test said it has been received. (I completed the Casper test over 2 months ago and submitted it the day of).... maybe they are just realizing the glitch in the system now and thats why we received the email.

Yeah, I emailed them today regarding the CASPer line and they said they acknowledge it's an error on their end. I'm guessing this is all related to revamping their website at peak application cycle for whatever reason.

Stats? (Y’all knew this question was coming lmao)

Also for anyone wondering about my stuff:

Complete 7/14, LM ~70, IS, ORM

Complete 7/14, II received 8/8 3pm (assigned a date in mid september @ GR campus)
IS, LM 73, WARS C

First II.. still in shock.

Reactions: 5 users
II!! IS ORM

Hoping to get some II love from this school. Does anyone know if all Michigan schools are open file or closed file during their respective interviews?

Hoping to get some II love from this school. Does anyone know if all Michigan schools are open file or closed file during their respective interviews?

MSU is MMI format interviews

Reactions: 2 users
IS, First Generation (if it matters), LizzyM of 73
I was forwarded to preliminary review on 08/06 (submitted my secondary application earlier that day) and sent an II on 08/08 (09/16 in Grand Rapids). This is my first II thus far, so I was surprised by the quick turnaround. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone get the endpoint coursework model? It just looks like the MCAT-Influenced Preparation Model but has less requirements, I'm confused why they would let us do that. Am I missing something?

Does anyone get the endpoint coursework model? It just looks like the MCAT-Influenced Preparation Model but has less requirements, I'm confused why they would let us do that. Am I missing something?

You’re right, and I was wondering the same thing because it’s pretty similar but way less specific. But basically it lets you show you have the “advanced” course competencies they are looking for without forcing you to have taken every single “basic” course. The assumption seems to be that your undergrad probably already assessed your ability to take these more advanced courses through prereqs or perhaps- other assessments which may not be on your transcript.
e.g. University of Michigan allows (or requires?) undergrad students to take a Chemistry Placement exam which, depending on the score, can place them directly into Org Chem without giving them credit for Gen Chemistry. This might end up being an issue when med schools ask to see 2 Gen Chem Courses, and the End-Point model bypasses this problem.

When you receive an interview for MSU CHM, they give you the option to fill out one of 4 forms (one for each of their prereq models). For the MCAT model form you only need to write the name of the 1-2 courses you took for each category. For the End Point model, you write the course name for each end-point/“advanced” course and then you need to list everything you did, or each course you took, which qualified you to take it. So if you satisfy the MCAT model, it might be simpler to go with that one just for convenience.

Also I’m not actually sure about this but it looks to me like End-Point is made for more liberal-arts leaning undergrad students - the website gives a long list of non-BCPM courses for the End-Point model which can seemingly be considered as a demonstration of, I guess, well-rounded competency where some of the basic courses may be missing. There’s also a pretty long box to list these non-BCPM courses in the End-Point form.
Hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Dilemma: So I am doing a special master's program this year but I didn't know where until after I submitted my primary app. I called their admissions office and they said that they don't take supplementary documents. However, the person I spoke to suggested putting it under the third prompt. However, I had a really strong diversity piece (having a new/ongoing disability) that I would really like to add. Do you think it's more worth it to replace my diversity piece with my gap year plans? I'm not the strongest candidate (hence the SMP) but I do fall in the 25th to 75th percentile GPA (on the lower end) and am at almost the 90th percentile for MCAT of matriculated students according to the MSAR. Any help is welcomed.

Dilemma: So I am doing a special master's program this year but I didn't know where until after I submitted my primary app. I called their admissions office and they said that they don't take supplementary documents. However, the person I spoke to suggested putting it under the third prompt. However, I had a really strong diversity piece (having a new/ongoing disability) that I would really like to add. Do you think it's more worth it to replace my diversity piece with my gap year plans? I'm not the strongest candidate (hence the SMP) but I do fall in the 25th to 75th percentile GPA (on the lower end) and am at almost the 90th percentile for MCAT of matriculated students according to the MSAR. Any help is welcomed.
In my personal experience, they don’t necessarily contribute a lot of weight to “in progress” programs. I applied during my first semester of my graduate program and the feed back I received from multiple schools was to finish the program and then apply. One Adcom said it’s too risky, because if they accept and you don’t finish on time, they’re scrambling so they error on the side of caution. I finished my program in one year, took another year to continue to build experience and reflect and now at the strongest applicant I can be. I’m not discouraging you, this was only my personal experience. Long story short, I would stick to the prompt and explain your education in an interview.

II received this morning!! IS re-applicant, LM ~74, Secondary received 7/9, submitted 7/14, forwarded for review 8/7. Thrilled with the chance, especially since it's at the GR campus.

Are there any current students on this thread who might be willing to answer questions?

Hi! I am OOS and 75/90 percentile for MCAT and GPA. I do not have any state ties and am unsure if I fit their mission and if so, how to tell them that. Is it worth applying right now?

From New Jersey, ORM, currently in a SMP
i advise doing some research about the school's mission and deciding if it's a good fit for you