2019-2020 California Northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted. Interviewed 12/6 and just got the e-mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
going to withdraw my acceptance from cnucom… hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing my II for this school. Early February date. I hope it leads to something good for someone.

I was waitlisted yesterday. Interviewed 1/10. Pretty bummed since it was my only interview. Preparing to reapply :/

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted just now. Interviewed 01/10

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any current students that can send me a PM? Have some questions regarding CNU's financial aid

Last edited:
Any interviews still going out for this school? For those who have an II, what dates are/were available? Thanks.

II for 3/6, complete late July! — will be withdrawing! Hope it goes to one of y’all beautiful people ❤️

Accepted here! I’m an out of state applicant got it this morning

Could you please let us know what dates were still available for interviews? Thanks
Got the email at 8pm on March 2nd giving me until 9am on March 3rd to respond for an interview on March 6th

• Haha
congrats!! For those who got interviews, do you mind if I ask what your stats are?
sGPA
mcat
URM or ORM

Amazonian tribesman that cured cancer

Reactions: 4 users
Hey folks! Here is the link to the FB group Log into Facebook | Facebook and the instructions to get added are in the 'About' description section. Once you are completed with paying the deposit, you will have to send a screenshot of your acceptance email to the person listed in the instructions. I was added a couple of days after submitting my stuff- let me know if you run into any problems!

Has anyone not heard back from CNUCOM? Does anyone know when is the last interview date?

They have been known to send final rejections as late as May, but not sure about last interview dates.

Has anyone not heard back from CNUCOM? Does anyone know when is the last interview date?
I dont know if this is helpful or useless lol but I had a friend who applied here two cycles ago, and apparently they reached out to her in June trying to interview her. I dont have details and I dont know what was going on there bc it sounds crazy coming from an MD school. But it gives me a little hope that maybe this school interviews a little later into the season.I

I asked them when they'd be taking people off of the WL. They said they'd do that once they finishing interviews, which they anticipate will be in late April/Early May

For anyone that has done a virtual interview, can you provide insight on interview day? Is it stressful at all?

For anyone that has done a virtual interview, can you provide insight on interview day? Is it stressful at all?

I’m not sure if your question already got answered in a PM, but I can maybe help answer it for you! My interview at CNU was in person, but I have done a virtual interview with another school. It was pretty much low stress and really easy to follow. I’m sure all video interviews are the same, especially if they’re MMI. For mine, the only thing that was really different was that the interviewers were the ones who were moving around, and you just sit there and wait for someone to pop up and show you the prompt for 3min. I know they let you take notes during those three minutes at our in-person interview, and I’m sure they’ll let you do the same on the virtual. I hope this helps! Everyone was really nice, and I got the impression that they were genuinely just trying to get to know you. Good luck! You’re gonna do great!

I’m not sure if your question already got answered in a PM, but I can maybe help answer it for you! My interview at CNU was in person, but I have done a virtual interview with another school. It was pretty much low stress and really easy to follow. I’m sure all video interviews are the same, especially if they’re MMI. For mine, the only thing that was really different was that the interviewers were the ones who were moving around, and you just sit there and wait for someone to pop up and show you the prompt for 3min. I know they let you take notes during those three minutes at our in-person interview, and I’m sure they’ll let you do the same on the virtual. I hope this helps! Everyone was really nice, and I got the impression that they were genuinely just trying to get to know you. Good luck! You’re gonna do great!
Thank you so much for your response!

• Love
Has anyone received any information about merit-based financial aid? Does CNU give out scholarships to incoming students at all?

Has anyone received any information about merit-based financial aid? Does CNU give out scholarships to incoming students at all?
I have not received anything and I don't expect to get anything. They are a new school with a fairly low budget so I doubt they offer merit-based scholarships although the financial advisor emailed me (us?) a scholarship opportunity through a third-party organization the other day. I believe one of the criteria to apply for this scholarship was that you need to have graduated from a high school in the Sacramento region.

Has there been silence for anyone else with this school? Maybe I should just assume a Pre-II Rejection.