2019-2020 California Northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone remember if this school records lectures and makes them available online?

Members don't see this ad :)
Invited for interview-- but 2 days notice? I felt completely off guard...

Have those of you who were accepted received the email with the documents we need to fill out yet?

Did anyone else get the big confusing acceptance forms packet that is apparently due in like 2 weeks requiring a deposit and a whole bunch of other stuff?

Pretty sure they said they did

Hey, I'm an M1 here and can speak to this briefly. All of our lecture are recorded and put online barring any technical difficulties.

If anyone has other questions, I would be happy to help to the best of my abilities!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school give soft rejections? Haven't heard back and was complete in early August. I completely forgot to turn in the certification form, so I emailed it to admissions a few days ago but they havent confirmed if it was received

Last edited:
Honestly why does admissions at this school NEVER pick up the phone -_________- and their voicemail inbox is always full! pet peeve of mine smh but like goddamn

So to those who got accepted, they make us fill out a bunch of forms and submit a $100 deposit... These forms do not equal commiting to attend right? Meaning before April 30, I can still decline? Just checking

No it's actually not... Read the contract that you signed.

Yes it actually is. Here's a screenshot of an email they sent. The sass was not appreciated though.
1575434231772.png

Reactions: 1 users
CNU has said the same about the secondary application fee waiver (last year I think?) but ended up charging students anyways and refusing refunds. You sent me a screenshot of the email that they sent you, great, you get a pat on the back. Did you sign that though? Now, why don't you look and read through the contract that you signed and agreed to abide by. You know, documents that are LEGALLY BINDING given that you signed them. But in any case I wish you well this cycle; even if the fee was somehow refundable (it's not), I can't afford to shell out over half a grip to save all my seats, if it was $200 maybe I would pay the non-refundable fee. Any case, best of luck

Listen, I'm not saying you don't know how to read a contract, but I DID read it, and the $100 that we pay now is a DEPOSIT applied to tuition (seen on Pg 10 and in both emails that were sent, including the one containing the contracts). According to what we signed, we will be refunded any tuition that we've paid if we choose to withdraw (pg 4). We will not be refunded an "enrollment fee"- which we have not been asked to pay yet. Anywho, I'm not going here so I'll let you know if they hold true to their word when I withdraw. I'd just like you to know that there was a nicer way for you to say what you wanted to say. I was just trying to help and I assume CA Northstate will be true to their word.

Page 4 of the Enrollment Agreement
1575437486697.png

Page 10 of the Enrollment Agreement
1575437990872.png

Listen, I'm not saying you don't know how to read a contract, but I DID read it, and the $100 that we pay now is a DEPOSIT applied to tuition (seen on Pg 10 and in both emails that were sent, including the one containing the contracts). According to what we signed, we will be refunded any tuition that we've paid if we choose to withdraw (pg 4). We will not be refunded an "enrollment fee"- which we have not been asked to pay yet. Anywho, I'm not going here so I'll let you know if they hold true to their word when I withdraw. I'd just like you to know that there was a nicer way for you to say what you wanted to say. I was just trying to help and I assume CA Northstate will be true to their word.

Page 4 of the Enrollment Agreement
View attachment 288263
Page 10 of the Enrollment Agreement
View attachment 288264
Ok good luck and god bless.

if ive been accepted somewhere else, but due to personal reasons, i want to stay in the area...should i reach out and email admissions? its been silence for me from northstate.

My first II! Scheduled for January 10th

Reactions: 3 users
II today! OOS, complete early August

Congrats! How was the interview experience? I read that it's MMI

Thanks! It is more of an MMI/one-on-one hybrid. I wrote a little but about it in a previous post on this thread (quoted below). There’s also a short writing segment.

Interviewed here today! Pretty awesome overall! Everyone was nice! Awesome step 1 scores and match rate. The dean said they interview about 200 students/year and accept about 2/3rds of interviewees for their class of 100ish. The writing segment was a twist, but it was short and seemed like it was just to make sure you’re the same person who wrote your secondaries. Unique MMI/dialogue interview style. 6 stations, 10 min with each person. 1st 5 min - answer the mmi prompt, next 5 - interview style convo with another question.

Thanks! It is more of an MMI/one-on-one hybrid. I wrote a little but about it in a previous post on this thread (quoted below). There’s also a short writing segment.

Awesome, thanks! Was there any tricky ethical questions in the MMI? How would you suggest prepping for it?

Awesome, thanks! Was there any tricky ethical questions in the MMI? How would you suggest prepping for it?
Not sure how much I can say about the prompts, but I just went on youtube and listened to some sample MMI questions and expert answers. That was pretty helpful for me.

Does this school give any post II rejections? Can’t find any on this thread as well as last years

Not sure how much I can say about the prompts, but I just went on youtube and listened to some sample MMI questions and expert answers. That was pretty helpful for me.

Thanks! Did you find the UWash bioethics page to be helpful?

Have an interview on 1/10 as well. Anyone going on 1/9 want to meet up to practice interview questions or talk? PM me!

The uwash page is helpful if you wanna bring up some specific topics during the MMI. Otherwise, the interview is really laid back and the questions are general enough

The uwash page is helpful if you wanna bring up some specific topics during the MMI. Otherwise, the interview is really laid back and the questions are general enough
Awesome! How was the writing portion? They haven’t really told us much about it so far

It's just if they took an MMI scenario and made you write about it for a bit

Interviewed 12/6 but still haven't heard back. This week will be the 6th week so I'm expecting some news this week