2019-2020 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They told me that the gpa cut off for initial II was 3.4. So no matter high of an MCAT score you have if your gpa is under a 3.4, you won’t get the II, yet.
Wish I saw this comment before I paid the application fee.........

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I echo the two above, similarly LECOM is pulling the highly qualified candidates for first interviews. It just takes a little time.

Reactions: 1 users
Into which airport is it recommended to fly into for interviews?

II received as well! My first one ever! I'm seriously so excited now!

II waitlist. At least it's not a rejection!

Reactions: 4 users
How likely is that you are going to get an interview if you are put on the II waitlist?

For all those who did not receive an interview invite initially...

I spoke with the ad com and they said this first round of interview selections had a minimum MCAT score set for 501, and that they would re-evaluate applicants later to determine whether they will send out more interviews to those with MCATs lower than this minimum
This is good to know! I don't have the MCAT minimum, but I believe the rest of my app makes me competitive

How likely is that you are going to get an interview if you are put on the II waitlist?
Apparently, the first round of interviews has a 501 MCAT cut off. After that, they'll re-evaluate applicants who initially didn't meet the cut off. There's still a chance!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently, the first round of interviews has a 501 MCAT cut off. After that, they'll re-evaluate applicants who initially didn't meet the cut off. There's still a chance!!

I have a 505; I take it it’s high stats who are getting the first swing

Reactions: 1 user
For those who got an II hold , did your email literally say you are on hold for the interview ?

I assume you need a cGPA of 3.4 coupled with a 500 to receive one; just wondering if there is a chance of getting one later and how likely

I assume you need a cGPA of 3.4 coupled with a 500 to receive one; just wondering if there is a chance of getting one later and how likely
The fact that they didn't straight out reject us probably means they are interested, but we didn't make the initial stat cut off. I really hope this is the case.

Reactions: 4 users
No just II waitlist

I got II waitlist and it said that I have not been offered an interview at this time although my application is still active and I could be selected for an interview later

Ohhh ok, I received that email to just wasn’t sure exactly what it meant

does anyone know how many people they interview and how many they accept?

does anyone know how many people they interview and how many they accept?

From last years thread, I believe, they said it was something like 650 interviewed and 350 accepted, so just above 50%!

I also have the Interview Waitlist - Hold status. I'm mixed emotions on this, heh.

Anyone get rejected? Just trying to see if they put everyone on II before sending out rejections.

I'm registered for 8/23 if anyone wants to meet up to chat or something! I initially was planning on 8/9, but wanted to check on flights first, so I didn't register. To my mistake of not registering, now 8/9 and 8/16 are full :( SO definitely register as soon as you have the chance, since I didn't realize you can change dates if necessary!

On the application checklist, will the LORs give themselves "checkmarks" automatically?
How long did they take to "check themselves off" after ya'll submitted the supplemental?

I submitted my LORs via AACOMAS - just curious if there's something else I'm supposed to be doing.

I called them after submitting my supplemental bc my LORs weren't checked off even though I submitted them through AACOMAS. They said their system updates overnight. The next day, my LORs were checked off. Maybe check your portal in a day or two, if the LORs still aren't checked off then you could call them?

Is everybody sending in their Casper score? I didn't do fantastic with time management when I took it, and with all the secrecy about how scores are calculated and how schools utilize the information, I'm hesitant to send them a score that in might not represent me accurately. I've already received an interview, so if my score says I'm a sociopath I have a chance to correct that impression in person, but at the same time I would hate to pay $10 add a potentially negative aspect to my application. Any thoughts?

Is everybody sending in their Casper score? I didn't do fantastic with time management when I took it, and with all the secrecy about how scores are calculated and how schools utilize the information, I'm hesitant to send them a score that in might not represent me accurately. I've already received an interview, so if my score says I'm a sociopath I have a chance to correct that impression in person, but at the same time I would hate to pay $10 add a potentially negative aspect to my application. Any thoughts?
I sent it and I have an II. If you aren’t a sociopath then I don’t see a reason why you wouldn’t send it. If you’re worried, it’s optional for a reason I suppose.

So I've submitted my secondary, but only received PayPal confirmation. However, on the application checklist, it says payment required and none of my letters have been received?

So I've submitted my secondary, but only received PayPal confirmation. However, on the application checklist, it says payment required and none of my letters have been received?
The same thing happened to me.. I read somewhere on the thread that it takes 24-48 hours to update so I’m going to wait until Monday and if it’s not updated I plan on calling

I got an email saying they have reviewed my application and that I have not been selected for an interview at this time. My sGPA is below 3.4 so maybe that’s why? Does anyone know if this is a flat out rejection or just not the first round of II’s?

I got an email saying they have reviewed my application and that I have not been selected for an interview at this time. My sGPA is below 3.4 so maybe that’s why? Does anyone know if this is a flat out rejection or just not the first round of II’s?
Is your cumulative gpa above 3.4 and is your mcat at least a 501? I don’t think it’s a rejection.. I believe they are inviting people with high stats first according to what other people have said on the thread.

I'm in the same boat, I have reached out to people from prior rounds who have gotten a pre-II hold to see what the outcome was. I have yet to hear back from them.

Does ACOM do silent rejections? Just wondering if they would change the II wait list to a rejection or if they just keep you in that status

Current OMS-III here if anyone has any questions! Can't say much about rotations yet since they start at the end of this month but I can answer questions about the first two years. Feel free to PM me as well!

Is your cumulative gpa above 3.4 and is your mcat at least a 501? I don’t think it’s a rejection.. I believe they are inviting people with high stats first according to what other people have said on the thread.

My cumulative is above 3.4 but MCAT below 501 :/ its probably that

So.... late applicant here. I couldn't locate my micro site so I had to email admissions, who provided me with a link, but the link keeps telling me that it refused to load due to the website "refused to connect" o_O anyone else have a similar problem when they went to fill out their secondary?

EDIT:
They sent the wrong link, crisis averted

Last edited:
Everything on my checklist is checked off and the bottom bar is at 100% but on the top of the website it still says supplement application requested. Is it suppose to change to complete or did anyone receive a completion email?

II today at 10:30 am. Complete 7/17. 500 MCAT, 3.75 overall GPA. First II for me as well!! Good luck to all!

Reactions: 3 users
Got my first II here! Complete on 7/17. 3.97 GPA, 503 MCAT, OOS.

First II! Scheduled for 9/6. Anyone know if they do student hosts? :)