2019-2020 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Am I missing something? I am looking in the email for my personal discover.acom microsite link, and I can't find anything. Anyone know where to go?

Reactions: 2 users
Am I missing something? I am looking in the email for my personal discover.acom microsite link, and I can't find anything. Anyone know where to go?
Same! I just received my secondary minutes ago (Yay!!!) but cannot find the link to "discover.ACOM" on the website, nor anywhere else on the internet.

Same! I just received my secondary minutes ago (Yay!!!) but cannot find the link to "discover.ACOM" on the website, nor anywhere else on the internet.
I might just reach out and ask about it. I tried everything!

I might just reach out and ask about it. I tried everything!
Please post what they say if you do! I figured I'd wait a couple hours to see if they send a f/u email with the link. I looked all over their website and couldn't find anything-all the admissions information just refers to it as the "supplemental application" or "supplemental application portal". And discover.acom.com doesn't exist, and discover.acom.edu is just an email list sign up for prospective students. Not helpful at all...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1

Is there a high instate bias for this school
"Breaking down the Class of 2021: 48 percent of the students came from Alabama, Georgia, and Florida while the remaining students represent 25 states."

Reactions: 1 users
Just called ACOM about the discover.ACOM link. They will be sending out another email to fix this issue.

@PapaGuava
What personal qualities do you possess that will make you a successful osteopathic physician? /500 words
What life experiences and people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician? /500 words

Also thanks @plzaccept123 for the reminder to check spam for the email!!

Please post what they say if you do! I figured I'd wait a couple hours to see if they send a f/u email with the link. I looked all over their website and couldn't find anything-all the admissions information just refers to it as the "supplemental application" or "supplemental application portal". And discover.acom.com doesn't exist, and discover.acom.edu is just an email list sign up for prospective students. Not helpful at all...

There should be a separate email for the link. I found mine in the “social” mail box in my gmail account.

With a 510/3.4 why is this your first choice? Especially from FL

Where exactly did ya'll find the secondary application? I just got the email for the microsite.

Anyone received a confirmation after they completed the secondary?

On the microsite in the top red ribbon where the options are, one of them is "supplemental application"

Idk if its just me, but I don't see an option for that. I see an applicant checklist but nowhere with an option for supplemental

Just got an email saying I was complete, so expect to get them soon as well.

have you guys sent your casper scores? Mine in on the 18th and I know it takes a couple weeks for them to get them.

have you guys sent your casper scores? Mine in on the 18th and I know it takes a couple weeks for them to get them.
I took mine June 13 and it says they have received them on my microsite.

I took mine June 13 and it says they have received them on my microsite.
I'm taking mine today because another campus requires it, I was curious as to whether or not you guys think we should send ours into Alabama if its optional ? I've read mixed reviews on here.

I'm taking mine today because another campus requires it, I was curious as to whether or not you guys think we should send ours into Alabama if its optional ? I've read mixed reviews on here.
I just sent mine everywhere. Never really thought much of it to be honest. I'm not a psycho so I'm sure it won't hurt lol.

I just sent mine everywhere. Never really thought much of it to be honest. I'm not a psycho so I'm sure it won't hurt lol.
My same thought process. I've seen some people on these forums act like it could make or break you, but I think they are just looking for an easy way to sort out crazies that might otherwise make it to the interview because they have good grades. I like to think I'm a sensible person, so I'm not worried.

Based off last years thread the earliest II was 07/13. Brace yourself, the IIs are coming.

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary received; no trace of a link to my microsatellite page though. Checked junk, social, promotions, etc.
Had same issue, I emailed and they sent me a link!

In 2017-2018, first rounds of II's were sent on June 27th. Last year, first rounds of II's were sent on July 13th. We are officially in ACOM's II season! Best of luck everyone! Hopefully we all get good news within the next few days :D

In 2017-2018, first rounds of II's were sent on June 27th. Last year, first rounds of II's were sent on July 13th. We are officially in ACOM's II season! Best of luck everyone! Hopefully we all get good news within the next few days :D
Here I was being all chill about ACOM and you all have to drop the interview bomb!

II!!! WOOO!

II here!! So happy, but is anyone else having issues finding the "visit ACOM" link on the microsite?? I can't find it anywhere lol