2020-2021 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACOM has been my #1 ever since I interviewed in October. Finally got the acceptance call this morning!!

Was scheduled to move in 5 days for my original acceptance but decided to go with ACOM shortly after the call. Now scrambling to accommodate these significant changes o_O anxiety is through the roof but the excitement is real.

See y'all next month! 😅 🍻
congrats that's awesome! where are you from?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! Accepted off the waitlist! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Just gave up my seat, hopefully it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
North Carolina
Congrats!!! I already have an acceptance at a close by DO school...if I dont get off the waitlist at ACOM, I will just continue on where I am accepted and I happy with that as I have already done so much paper work lol!!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the acceptance call about an hour ago! My hands are still shaking lol

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was also accepted today. I will probably be declining!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my A yesterday. Bittersweet because the entering class is amazing as well as the rising 2nd years. Just staying closer to home but I hope the A goes to one of you! I understand the pain of checking this by the hour to monitor WL movement.

Just declined my acceptance offer over the phone - due to short notice, I won’t be able to make it. I have already committed to another medical school. I hope this helps another person down the waitlist who is eager for the acceptance in their wonderful program.

Declined my acceptance offer over the phone today also, good luck to everyone out there!

I wanted to write a letter of update/continued interest - I kinda was on pre-interview hold months ago (probably bc I submitted the secondary about a month late:/ but regrettably I never reached out to them about continued interest before). Anyone know if this school accepts/values this and who I can email it to? Was going to email it to Linda Goodson... good idea? (GPA 3.5, MCAT 510, OOS, currently doing clinical work and MS program which is currently a 4.0). Also, in your opinion, how are my odds of getting an interview or even an A? Thanks in advance!!

I wanted to write a letter of update/continued interest - I kinda was on pre-interview hold months ago (probably bc I submitted the secondary about a month late:/ but regrettably I never reached out to them about continued interest before). Anyone know if this school accepts/values this and who I can email it to? Was going to email it to Linda Goodson... good idea? (GPA 3.5, MCAT 510, OOS, currently doing clinical work and MS program which is currently a 4.0). Also, in your opinion, how are my odds of getting an interview or even an A? Thanks in advance!!
Yes Mrs. Goodson would be the person to reach out to.