2019-2020 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II here!! So happy, but is anyone else having issues finding the "visit ACOM" link on the microsite?? I can't find it anywhere lol
I could not figure it out so I sent them an email seeing what's up.

Members don't see this ad.

"Earlier you received an email indicating that you were selected for an interview. Your microsite updates changes every two hours. The email was sent out ahead of the update. You should be able to see the "Applicant Interview" option after 12:00 PM (CST). I apologize for the confusion. We are implementing new software and a new process for this cycle."

Members don't see this ad :)
II here!! So happy, but is anyone else having issues finding the "visit ACOM" link on the microsite?? I can't find it anywhere lol

II just now too! OOS. They sent another email saying they will put the dates up at 12:00 CST!

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted my secondary 7/1, but still haven't received a complete email yet, considering they haven't marked off any of my letters. Should I continue to wait or should I give them a call to see if there's anything that I can provide on my end?

Submitted my secondary 7/1, but still haven't received a complete email yet, considering they haven't marked off any of my letters. Should I continue to wait or should I give them a call to see if there's anything that I can provide on my end?
I submitted on the 2nd and the same here.

I would call. It is better to be proactive. Due to the holiday though they are probably just a little backed up. Most schools take about a week to two to get things completed.

Congrats to you all. Did you get the II invite over phone or email?

Edit: just now saw the post about the email. I'll be an anxious pile of nerves over here waiting :censored: All you getting interviews: when did you submit your secondary??

Congrats to you all. Did you get the II invite over phone or email?

Edit: just now saw the post about the email. I'll be an anxious pile of nerves over here waiting :censored: All you getting interviews: when did you submit your secondary??
I submitted my secondary on 6/25, literally the day after I got it, so I would give it some time! I'm sure they're getting to you!

AUGUST 2nd scheduled!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II received! And the portal is now working! I submitted my secondary the day I got it: 6/24.

I submitted 7/7 and received a complete email 7/9

Not selected for an II at this time. I had an II last year with them. Disheartened.

Ultimately Waitlisted.

Not selected for an II at this time. I had an II last year with them. Disheartened.

Ultimately Waitlisted.
Did any of your stats change? I'm sorry, same thing happened to me last year with a school I had got an interview with the year before. Don't give up I am sure you are going to get one elsewhere and realize that it all happened for the best reasons! Goodluck!

Did any of your stats change? I'm sorry, same thing happened to me last year with a school I had got an interview with the year before. Don't give up I am sure you are going to get one elsewhere and realize that it all happened for the best reasons! Goodluck!

The only thing that changed was the amount of shadowing hours I've had and professional experiences.

I submitted my secondary on 7/3. Does ACOM download my letters of recommendation automatically from the AACOMAS application or do I need to send them separately? When looking at the portal, they still have not been checked off.

II confirmed
Maybe they're referring to the Visit us button.

II!! Check under Visit Us on the site to find the list of avail calendar dates. Interviewing 8/02! PM me if anyone wants to hang or have dinner the night of. :)

I submitted my secondary on 7/3. Does ACOM download my letters of recommendation automatically from the AACOMAS application or do I need to send them separately? When looking at the portal, they still have not been checked off.

ACOM will download your LORs automatically from AACOMAS. Mine was like that too originally, but it changed after awhile.

They will automatically download from AACOMAS.

ACOM will download your LORs automatically from AACOMAS. Mine was like that too originally, but it changed after awhile.

How long after submitting your supplemental application did it take for it to change? (I'm in the same boat)

How long after submitting your supplemental application did it take for it to change? (I'm in the same boat)

Not sure, unfortunately. I just saw that everything was checked this morning when I was registering for my interview date.

Waitlisted for the II as well.. Do you know if they even send out II eventually?

Not sure, I haven't gone through this process before. I emailed Mr.Willis about it to see if we can discuss the process. Will update with any news.

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure, unfortunately. I just saw that everything was checked this morning when I was registering for my interview date.

Do you know when you submitted your supplemental application? I called ACOM and they said wait up to two weeks for the LOR to be checked off after submitting the supplemental application but I see that some of our colleagues had it completed faster. (Been over a week for me)

Do you know when you submitted your supplemental application? I called ACOM and they said wait up to two weeks for the LOR to be checked off after submitting the supplemental application but I see that some of our colleagues had it completed faster. (Been over a week for me)

Submitted my secondaries 7/01! So approx 8 days for me.

Hi all: has anyone noticed that under the admissions FAQ, they state that 3 LOR are required, but also that your options are a physician letter and a) a committee letter or b) two letters from two science profs? Has anyone run into trouble with just a physician and committee letter?

Hi all: has anyone noticed that under the admissions FAQ, they state that 3 LOR are required, but also that your options are a physician letter and a) a committee letter or b) two letters from two science profs? Has anyone run into trouble with just a physician and committee letter?
I submitted just a couple days ago with a committee letter and DO letter. The committee letter is checked off, however the two science letters are not blacked out. No confirmation email yet.

I submitted just a couple days ago with a committee letter and DO letter. The committee letter is checked off, however the two science letters are not blacked out. No confirmation email yet.
I did the other option and committee letter is not checked off for me. However I was still offered an invite to interview. I’m sure you are fine as long as you meet one of the two letter of recommendation requirements.

For all those who did not receive an interview invite initially...

I spoke with the ad com and they said this first round of interview selections had a minimum MCAT score set for 501, and that they would re-evaluate applicants later to determine whether they will send out more interviews to those with MCATs lower than this minimum

I spoke with the ad com and they said this first round of interview selections had a minimum MCAT score set for 501, and that they would re-evaluate applicants later to determine whether they will send out more interviews to those with MCATs lower than this minimum

Did they say anything about a minimum GPA?

Damn, my 500 MCAT is going to haunt me this entire cycle thanks for the info though!

• Haha
Does anyone know what the cheapest way to get to Dothan from Detroit loll? Got excited about the interview and then got depressed looking at flight costs.

Last edited:
Did anyone else not get an II that has a 501 MCAT or higher?

Reactions: 5 users

I got an interview with 500 MCAT.

Congrats! Yeah sorry for the misinformation I guess, I was just relaying what they told me!
Oh no you're good and thank you! I just wanted people to know. Maybe I got the interview on accident though, lol.

• Haha
Cumulative Upper 2.8 ... Yeah, I know, fml. took a masters program and got a 3.1+ in that though..

Real underdog right here.

I wish you the best. Its only an interview hold, that can change into an II any time.

Does anyone know what the cheapest way to get to Dothan from Detroit loll? Got excited about the interview and then got depressed looking at flight costs.

Cheapest, probably flying into ATL and renting a car. Or flying into Panama City Beach or Tallahassee.

Cheapest, probably flying into ATL and renting a car. Or flying into Panama City Beach or Tallahassee.
But be sure to check what the rental company charges per mile for the car. They track miles and charge per mile.