2018-2019 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it too late to submit my secondary? I just found it in my spam folder, it completely slipped through the cracks

Is it too late to submit my secondary? I just found it in my spam folder, it completely slipped through the cracks
No way, it's not too late. Go for it, especially with decent stats.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Pathdocmd Do you know when II's will start rolling out (specifically for OOS)? :) Absolutely in love with everything about Wake and would love to be there in 2019!!

@Pathdocmd Do you know when II's will start rolling out (specifically for OOS)? :) Absolutely in love with everything about Wake and would love to be there in 2019!!
We usually send out invites a month ahead of time. I'm not the one that determines the logistics of that, so I can't say for sure. OSS vs ISS makes no difference.

We usually send out invites a month ahead of time. I'm not the one that determines the logistics of that, so I can't say for sure. OSS vs ISS makes no difference.
Do you know when the first interview is in September?

Do you know when the first interview is in September?

Probably should be taken with a grain of salt, but according to the MSAR, application review began on 7/30. The earliest SDN reported interview invite I saw from last year's thread was 8/3. According to the Wake website, most of the interviews will be on Mondays with a few Fridays and Saturdays starting in September.

Reactions: 2 users
What are your thoughts on discussing the same topic/experience in both the adversity and diversity essay? I don't want to beat a topic to death and bore admissions committees, but it's an experience that's really shaped a lot about me. I really appreciate any feedback or advice. Thanks in advance.

Just my 2 cents (and I don't know what your topic is plus I'm just an applicant) but I would avoid it if you can. Not that you can't bring something really important up more than once, but since those two essays are so central you want to get as much down in those as you can, and it's a lot easier to touch on different sides of you by taking apart different experiences in your life

Thanks, the topic/experience was about growing up with a sibling with special needs. I will consider another topic for adversity.

Definitely something awesome and meaningful to talk about! Good luck with the writing :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone not receive a secondary yet? My primary was verified 7/24, and I hear everyone gets a secondary, so I wanted to see if others are in the same boat. I got all my other ones so just waiting on WF now. For reference, 510 MCAT, 3.7 GPA.

Did anyone not receive a secondary yet? My primary was verified 7/24, and I hear everyone gets a secondary, so I wanted to see if others are in the same boat. I got all my other ones so just waiting on WF now. For reference, 510 MCAT, 3.7 GPA.

Received secondary within a minute of being verified, and after business hours (today), so I'd think it must be automated. Similar stats to you — any chance it went to spam? Might give them a call if not?

Do you guys think it would be fine if I were to use something from middle/high school for the 5th/most interesting fact question? It's basically a pretty big award I received for a hobby. I still engage in that hobby to a lesser extent now but haven't received any awards since then so not sure how this would look.

Do you guys think it would be fine if I were to use something from middle/high school for the 5th/most interesting fact question? It's basically a pretty big award I received for a hobby. I still engage in that hobby to a lesser extent now but haven't received any awards since then so not sure how this would look.
Don't overthink this. This is for fun and might be used at orientation. People have put stuff all the way back to infancy or even before they were born.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get an invitation for an interview? I am anxiously waiting for WF to start sending invitations:(

Did anyone get an invitation for an interview? I am anxiously waiting for WF to start sending invitations:(

I know, same. I just looked at last year's thread and the first II reported was August 3rd and the rest started coming in around August 10th.

Obviously, could be different this year. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Hi everyone! I need your input. Should I bother sending my secondary if I have low MCAT (503) but my GPA is just at their range (3.66)? I have 2 years of research (1 publication) and about 400 hours of community service. Looking at MSAR, it looks like their MCAT section cutoff is at 125.. I have 122 in CARS. =(
Yes, absolutely... similar stats and ECs and I submitted my secondary! If you don't apply, you have 0% chance of getting in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
"While the Medical School Admissions Requirements (MSAR) lists 6 as the maximum number of letter we accept, your file is marked as complete once your letter packet/committee letter or two letters of recommendation are received." - from their website

I still have one letter of rec pending but submitted my secondary. Anyone know if this means they will mark my file as complete without my last letter of rec submitted?

Just received the secondary! App was verified today. LM 69 OOS

wait, so it was verified TODAY and you got II TODAY?? how is it possible?

Congrats though, and I have similar LM score, so I find that encouraging.
II means Interview Invite, not secondary. As far as I know, they haven't started sending II's out yet.

wait, so it was verified TODAY and you got II TODAY?? how is it possible?

Congrats though, and I have similar LM score, so I find that encouraging.
I got the secondary app not an interview invite (II)

oh, never mind. of course I know that, but for some reason my eyes saw what they wanted to see :))). my bad
No problem haha, trust me I would much rather have seen the II as well....

When they ask if you have applied here before and what have you done to improve, can I jsut say I actually submitted the secondary this time or is that too sassy. Or should i just select no

When they ask if you have applied here before and what have you done to improve, can I jsut say I actually submitted the secondary this time or is that too sassy. Or should i just select no

Is there anything you've done in the past year to add to your application? I feel like this is a good area to point out improving hours or new experiences.

Thanks everyone! I am writing their secondary right now so if anybody would like to read it for me and provide suggestions, I would be thankful. Just like this post and I will forward you what i have.

If their first interview is sept 7 looks like the interview invite and the actual interview will be close!!!

If their first interview is sept 7 looks like the interview invite and the actual interview will be close!!!
I imagine we will hear something early this coming week :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
fingers crossed.... toes crossed... EVERYTHING crossed
Complete 7/31. Really hoping for an II from Wake. :xf: Almost all secondaries submitted and now we wait...

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II! OOS, LM 73, complete 7/21

Reactions: 12 users
How were you informed of your II? Congrats!!!

If I was completed 07/06 and did not receive an interview, should I lose hope? URM, LM 70, OOS... Wake Forest is my top choice.

If I was completed 07/06 and did not receive an interview, should I lose hope? URM, LM 70, OOS... Wake Forest is my top choice.

The adcom on here said they download the apps in bunches so they don’t neccesarily get reviewed in order. Definitely shouldnt lose hope it’s only the first day they’ve sent out II

upload_2018-8-14_18-43-8.jpeg

Its way to early for that. You’re going to drive yourself crazy. Don’t do it. You have a good LizzyM. Stay the course. Also to go off of milgauss: the adcom also said in last year's thread, you could have been selected for an interview today but won't be notified until January. They review and re-review during the application cycle.

Reactions: 16 users