2018-2019 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II :)
OOS, LM: 69
I took Casper July 25!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! LM 67, OOS, submitted app 7/11. Took casper 7/8.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey yall so I'm a Texas resident and got a speeding ticket within the past 5 years, but I took a defensive driving course to get the ticket off my record. I was wondering if I should still report that I got a ticket on the secondary or if it'll be fine to reply "no" since it's off my record now. Any advice would be much appreciated!

II today here as well. LM 64-67. There is hope for all!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I added this school on Thursday and still have not received the secondary. Should I call or is this normal?

For those with II's, has anyone heard back from the student hosting service? I signed up for it for the Sept 14th interview but wondering if they haven't started matching interviewees with students

Submitted my secondary today, OOS LM 65-67

Reactions: 1 user
For those with IIs/ interviewing soon has anyone reached out to admissions to check whether or not there is a room we can keep our luggage in while interviewing? I'm planning on leaving right after the interview so would much rather just bring my luggage with me

For those with IIs/ interviewing soon has anyone reached out to admissions to check whether or not there is a room we can keep our luggage in while interviewing? I'm planning on leaving right after the interview so would much rather just bring my luggage with me
I called them and asked because I'm in the same situation, and they said they have a place for it!

For those with II's, has anyone heard back from the student hosting service? I signed up for it for the Sept 14th interview but wondering if they haven't started matching interviewees with students
Hey man, I'm interviewing on the same date so I'll see you there!

I haven't heard back from the hosting program either. I expect we'll hear back before next Tuesday, though.

Praying for an II and also wanted to follow this thread :love:

Is anyone's portal showing letters as not received? I sent them several weeks ago but I just submitted my secondary today. Did anyone else have this problem?

Edit: can confirm it updates on its own after a few days!

Last edited:
Is anyone's portal showing letters as not received? I sent them several weeks ago but I just submitted my secondary today. Did anyone else have this problem?

Give it a few days after your secondary. I'm pretty sure they have to manually check they meet the requirements (I had to get a waiver); my letters were also in for weeks before I submitted my secondary and showed not received that whole time. It took a couple of days for it to be marked complete afterwards.

Give it a few days after your secondary. I'm pretty sure they have to manually check they meet the requirements (I had to get a waiver); my letters were also in for weeks before I submitted my secondary and showed not received that whole time. It took a couple of days for it to be marked complete afterwards.
Thank you!!

Hey, y'all! I've been trying to find opportunities to volunteer at a free health clinic (student-run or not) around the school, but no luck :/. Does anybody know if there are any?

Anyone else worried about Hurricane Florence cancelling flights to interview this week?

Anyone else worried about Hurricane Florence cancelling flights to interview this week?
Was just thinking about that and reviewing the forecasts. Are you interviewing Friday? I fly out at 6AM Thursday so I think I will beat the bad weather on the outgoing flight. My return flight, however, might be delayed.

Never thought I’d have to worry about hearing Vermont and hurricane in the same sentence lol

Reactions: 4 users
Do they send a complete email? I received an email saying they received my secondary application, but nothing afterwards.

Anyone hear back about student hosts? I filled out a google form I found on their site but haven't heard anything. My interview isn't for a few weeks though.

Anyone hear back about student hosts? I filled out a google form I found on their site but haven't heard anything. My interview isn't for a few weeks though.
I filled out the form for the 9/14 interview. I heard 2 days ago that I was not given a student host. You probably won't hear until about a week before (unless you get good news, then I guess it could come sooner).

I filled out the form for the 9/14 interview. I heard 2 days ago that I was not given a student host. You probably won't hear until about a week before (unless you get good news, then I guess it could come sooner).
+1 on the student host, didn't hear until Sunday, 6 days prior

If you're going to be in the area tomorrow and want to get coffee/explore, let me know! I have no idea what I'm going to do but I'm arriving around Noon/1PM and I want to see Burlington and the surrounding area. If anyone else is interviewing Friday, feel free to take me up on this offer as well.

Maybe because of those speeding tickets y'all got lol

Reactions: 20 users