2018-2019 University of Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am an OOS candidate still waiting for an admissions decision. Are there other OOS people who have heard back and been accepted or currently on the wait list? It seems like most of the acceptances on here have been IS

rejected today via snail mail. OOS/interviewed 10/19

Members don't see this ad.

I was also rejected yesterday via snail mail, OOS. No mention of a wait list

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 10/12...nothing. It’s not like any of us have to plan the logistics of moving across the country with a family or anything. Let’s all wait a little longer, I’m sure my partner finding a job and getting a home will be a cinch.

Interviewed 10/12...nothing. It’s not like any of us have to plan the logistics of moving across the country with a family or anything. Let’s all wait a little longer, I’m sure my partner finding a job and getting a home will be a cinch.
If I recall, they gave us a hard decision deadline date of March 15, correct? I remember them saying that everyone WILL hear by the 15th.
Goood luck with the hopeful move, though!

I've heard from a few people who were IS and rejected this week.

do we know if there is a facebook page yet for the new M1 class? Just trying to find a roommate here haha

Reactions: 1 users
No news here, just 7 more days... scary times.

Does anyone know if we will hear by the 15th or if they send it by the 15th?

My notes from the interview say we will know by the 15th, so I'm assuming it should be mailed before then

Members don't see this ad :)
Letter came today. Bottom half of the alternate list. Hope and pray some applicants decide to go elsewhere.

+1. I can't believe they waited six months to let me know
Same here. I don't have much insight on the stats of how many get pulled off the bottom half but from a previous thread a few years ago they said 12 of 13 people on bottom half were accepted. Also, with the new traffic rules this year it makes this process a little more confusing. UNMC is pretty much in the dark on who has accepted other offers so hopefully they are being conservative and will have a lot of movement after April 30th!

Last edited:
I also got put on the alternate list today.. how do you know what half of the list you are on? Cuz mine didnt say anything about that

Also on the alternate list as of today. Is everyone on alternate list offered automatic matriculation for 2020? Really hope I don't have to wait a year but at least its a guarantee.

Also on the alternate list as of today. Is everyone on alternate list offered automatic matriculation for 2020? Really hope I don't have to wait a year but at least its a guarantee.
From the letter that I received, it says that if an acceptance is not granted by August 19th then the application will be transferred to an inactive status. I am under the assumption that is a no but I have no idea.

I replied to an individual that was placed on the lower half alternate list in last years thread with the hopes they can give us all some guidance. If anyone else finds anything out, let us know!

Are alternates given admission for the following year if they are not taken off the list this year?

Are alternates given admission for the following year if they are not taken off the list this year?
I am under the assumption that it depends upon where you are placed in the alternate list, however, I am unsure. Your best bet would be to call Lindsay and ask her. If anyone knows more information or calls, let us know.

Im assuming i was placed on the upper half only because my letter didn't clarify that i was in the lower half. My letter says should you not receive an acceptance letter before before orientation, you will be offered "automatic deferment and admission" into the class of 2020

Im assuming i was placed on the upper half only because my letter didn't clarify that i was in the lower half. My letter says should you not receive an acceptance letter before before orientation, you will be offered "automatic deferment and admission" into the class of 2020

My letter says the same. I asked and was told top half.

I was offered the alternate admissions with deferred acceptance. I was under the impression that waitlist and alternate acceptance are separate things. They have alternate acceptance with deferment and then top and bottom half wait list. I could be wrong though. Does anyone have a letter from top half waitlist that didn’t get automatic deferment that could post what the letter says? I will be calling Lindsay soon to clarify.

Also received a lower half waitlist yesterday by mail. IS, LizzyM ~67.5. Any idea how large the waitlist is this year?

Sorry but is this the legit Facebook page? Why hasn’t unmc emailed us about it? And how do we get more people to join? Just trying to find a roommate here

I emailed Lindsay about the Facebook group to either advertise it or to start an official one. Hopefully, she does one of those soon. I hope this eases your worry a bit! We are moving into April, so I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet.

I emailed Lindsay about the Facebook group to either advertise it or to start an official one. Hopefully, she does one of those soon. I hope this eases your worry a bit! We are moving into April, so I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet.
thank you for doing that!!! please let use now what she says :)

this might be jumping ahead... but just curious, does anyone know the dress code/ what we are supposed to wear every day for class? and will we be in class all day everyday?

also, does anyone have any in put on whether buying an iPad pro with the pencil would be helpful for note taking??

thanks so much for all the help you guys!

thank you for doing that!!! please let use now what she says :)

She said that the "M1s are getting started on that soon" and to let her know if I don't see it in the next few days.

Talked to the 2022 class president and he mentioned near the end of the week he will help establish the Facebook page (presumably he will admin the current one and send out invites to all accepted, or start his own which in that case we’ll just nix the current one).

this might be jumping ahead... but just curious, does anyone know the dress code/ what we are supposed to wear every day for class? and will we be in class all day everyday?

also, does anyone have any in put on whether buying an iPad pro with the pencil would be helpful for note taking??

I know there really isn't a dress code, its just whatever you want to wear. However, I'm also curious about the iPad question for note taking. I've seen a few of my friends at other med schools that use them but I haven't seen/heard much about anyone at UNMC using them. Now that doesn't mean they don't I personally just dont know anyone that does. I have also been debating on whether or not it would be helpful to have.

sorry for so many questions... what areas do UNMC med students usually live? i was considering midtown, dundee, downtown possibly. also really looking at the Atlas right by Creighton. Where does everyone plan to live?

sorry for so many questions... what areas do UNMC med students usually live? i was considering midtown, dundee, downtown possibly. also really looking at the Atlas right by Creighton. Where does everyone plan to live?
With your acceptance did you see that one sheet of paper about housing for students? That could be a good indication of some of the locations students tend to gravitate toward!

Most people wear jeans and a T-shirt. Some people like to dress up but that’s probably only 2 students in my class. I have an iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil and use OneNote for my class Notes. The iPad or some kind of note capable tablet is honestly so crucial to my ability to study. I highly recommend it.

PS the official Facebook page has started.

Talked to the 2022 class president and he mentioned near the end of the week he will help establish the Facebook page (presumably he will admin the current one and send out invites to all accepted, or start his own which in that case we’ll just nix the current one).
I see the facebook group but haven't gotten an email or an invite..... did you guys or are you guys just joining the group?

I see the facebook group but haven't gotten an email or an invite..... did you guys or are you guys just joining the group?
Just request to join it, the class president from the current M1s will accept you.

So how do we go about finding roommates? I'm getting a little worried and don't really know how to go about finding people to live with. The facebook page did just start but no one is really saying much of anything....