2021-2022 Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on Oct. 15 and still nothing

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
can anyone speak to how people normally find roomates at UNMC? Im out of state and dont want to be out of the loop :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they have any acceptances left near the end or do they just send out a bunch of rejection by mid-March? :/

I had just heard that last Thursday a friend of a friend got a waitlist and that apparently class is full. Also had a friend get a waitlist on Monday.

• Sad
I had just heard that last Thursday a friend of a friend got a waitlist and that apparently class is full. Also had a friend get a waitlist on Monday.
I really wish medical schools would update individuals with these sorts of updates about the class being full. Really disappointing to not hear anything since interviewing.

Reactions: 2 users
I really wish medical schools would update individuals with these sorts of updates about the class being full. Really disappointing to not hear anything since interviewing.
I agree. Also, no Idea if the class is actually full, it was just something that a friend heard from a friend. The other person I personally know did not mention class being full when they mentioned their waitlist. Might be wishful thinking, but maybe class isnt full. Still isn’t a great sign that waitlist spots are being sent 😓

Reactions: 1 users
This is just terrible that we have to wait so long to even find out. Like what’s the point now if the class is full.

Have any November/December interviewees heard back yet?
I interviewed on 12/6 and heard back on 1/24. I don’t think when you interview really influences when they review your app.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s hard to tell where they are within the review process as of now, but I’m sure we will know soon enough. We just need to keep grinding.

can anyone speak to how people normally find roomates at UNMC? Im out of state and dont want to be out of the loop :)
Lol I’m in state and feel out of the loop. Looks like last year they started a facebook page for the class in March… maybe there?

Have a significant amount of people still not heard back? We've got to be getting close. Also, I haven't heard many acceptances lately. Can anyone speak to that?

Have a significant amount of people still not heard back? We've got to be getting close. Also, I haven't heard many acceptances lately. Can anyone speak to that?
I agree that it's been silent recently. Looking back at threads from previous years, it doesn't seem unusually so though, and that we will hear a decision before 3/18. I can't say I'm feeling very optimistic anymore however.

I interviewed 4 month ago, and haven't heard anything since.

It is weird that no one has reported a conditional acceptance... at this point, I just want to remove my app since I have been accepted somewhere else... complete silence

I haven't heard back since October. I also feel like I want to withdraw my application if that's only remaining thing is a rejection

got the rejection email today. best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
When is the last day we should hear from them? I’m half-minded to just call and ask about their decision for my app 😭

Any cons to UNMC? Am trying to decide if the school is a good fit for me, but not a lot of information on YT or stuff like that

Any cons to UNMC? Am trying to decide if the school is a good fit for me, but not a lot of information on YT or stuff like that
I've heard from one student that their grading structure kind of creates a competitive atmosphere among the students.

Really? I heard the opposite. Damn 🥺
Hi! Current student here, feel free to message me for more info if you need. Compared to what I have heard about other medical schools, we seem to be pretty lucky with our administration and staff. They truthfully emphasize a non-competitive environment and for that I am forever grateful. All the professors really do want to help you and make it a very inclusive and collaborative environment. You can tell the faculty just really care about you and want you to succeed which makes it so much better. They also take our suggestions on improvements from block to block to make the courses better for each year which I was surprised by! I honestly love going to school here and am very happy with where I ended up. But like all schools, it does have its cons! From what I have seen again compared to other schools - we have more required activities that mean you need to be on campus. Some people like going to class and this is fine with them, but others would rather just do anki, etc. at home. We also have more of an in-house exam type compared to other schools. I know some people who still just do the anking deck for the majority of their review and do fine, but a lot of exam questions are lecture specific. I don't do anki or anything like that and have been scoring above average so really whatever your preference. And we are a P/F school, but do rank in quartiles. So that may be why people have some edge of competitiveness, which I have definitely seen in people, but for the most part everyone has been very nice and our class is very good at sharing study resources and helping each other out. So definitely some cons, and depending on your preferences/other acceptances, may change your opinion! Feel free to message for more details like I said.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone hear anything? I cannot believe they’re going to extend it for so long. Give me the R already so I can stop hoping for a different outcome 😭

Reactions: 4 users
Hi! Current student here, feel free to message me for more info if you need. Compared to what I have heard about other medical schools, we seem to be pretty lucky with our administration and staff. They truthfully emphasize a non-competitive environment and for that I am forever grateful. All the professors really do want to help you and make it a very inclusive and collaborative environment. You can tell the faculty just really care about you and want you to succeed which makes it so much better. They also take our suggestions on improvements from block to block to make the courses better for each year which I was surprised by! I honestly love going to school here and am very happy with where I ended up. But like all schools, it does have its cons! From what I have seen again compared to other schools - we have more required activities that mean you need to be on campus. Some people like going to class and this is fine with them, but others would rather just do anki, etc. at home. We also have more of an in-house exam type compared to other schools. I know some people who still just do the anking deck for the majority of their review and do fine, but a lot of exam questions are lecture specific. I don't do anki or anything like that and have been scoring above average so really whatever your preference. And we are a P/F school, but do rank in quartiles. So that may be why people have some edge of competitiveness, which I have definitely seen in people, but for the most part everyone has been very nice and our class is very good at sharing study resources and helping each other out. So definitely some cons, and depending on your preferences/other acceptances, may change your opinion! Feel free to message for more details like I said.
Thank you for writing this, it's very helpful.

Also since you're a student, if it's not too much to ask, could you please go to the admissions office and yell at them to hurry up with releasing the rest of their decisions? :}

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when is the last date that UNMC will send out decisions?

Does anyone know when is the last date that UNMC will send out decisions?
I think March 19th? They said if we do not hear after this date to reach out. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I think March 19th? They said if we do not hear after this date to reach out. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I was told March 18th (Friday) but I doubt they would respond to anything until Monday anyways.

Finally got a decision! Post-II R OOS! Do I sound excited? Yes, because the long wait is over and I’ve been blessed to be accepted at another institution. I wish you all the best at whatever institution y’all end up at. Y’all will make great physicians!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Finally heard back after interviewing early October and was put on the alternate list today. Anyone know anything about the movement for this?

Reactions: 6 users
IS. Alt list as well today. It also seems like no one has disclosed any conditional acceptance as well? I wonder if that will change anything?

Finally heard back after interviewing early October and was put on the alternate list today. Anyone know anything about the movement for this?
+1, finally heard back and am on the alternate list. OOS.

I'm IS and just heard back, waitlisted. Don't really know how to feel. From what I have seen on past forums movement on the waitlist can be slow, especially when med school applications have been more competitive. I hope that all goes well for us, but I wouldn't be surprised if only 5 or so of us get off of the list.

Did everyone get alternate? Or did anyone receive alternate list with deferred acceptance?

I got alt-listed OOS. Good luck to everyone on the alt-list, and RIP to my sanity 😅😭

• Care
This in anecdotal from last years movement - but as you can probably see from last year's thread, accepted but deferred movement (me) started in March. Although I am not 100% positive how it works, it seems that everyone from the deferred list realistically gets in starting in the fall but they can never confirm that for you. I personally do not know anyone who has been accepted + deferred & didn't start that fall. This means that UNMC goes to their waitlist every year. I have no idea how long it is, but waitlist movement that I saw on here & from individuals I know in my class started around May, which makes sense as commitment to enroll is at that time. I know multiple people who got in off the waitlist - 5-10 I personally know & could be more in my class I do not know of. I looked through previous threads last year while I was awaiting a decision and it seems consistent with this in general.