2019-2020 Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How were you notified?!
Edit: and CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you! I was notified via email (surprisingly, since I heard they only do it via mail)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Literally read this thread 10 minutes ago and just got the acceptance email! OOS with strong Nebraska ties

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did they pull at random for the people accepted this month or was it by highest stats or something? I'm curious how they decided what few to accept first

Did they pull at random for the people accepted this month or was it by highest stats or something? I'm curious how they decided what few to accept first
wondering the same thing... i wonder if they were originally from EDP or maybe just from the earliest pool of interviewees?

wondering the same thing... i wonder if they were originally from EDP or maybe just from the earliest pool of interviewees?
I know someone who didn't interview on day 1 and was not EDP and already got accepted so it must be something else

Reactions: 2 users
They start designing their class the way they would like it to be.

I was told it was completely random, but I am not sure how much merit there is to that statement. It seems like they would have some way to identify the best fits.

Hi everyone! I'm a current M1, and I wanted to let you know that the UNMC College of Medicine Class of 2024 Facebook group has been created. Here's the link: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Good luck with everything :)

At my interview they made it pretty clear they would send letters out starting Jan. 3, and do not call until Mar. 18. Don't understand how/why people already got acceptance emails...why does adcomm say that if it's not the truth?

To those that got in already, CONGRATS! I can only hope and pray they don't make the rest of us wait too much longer...

Reactions: 2 users
Do we know if there’s a certain day of the week they like to send things to look out for decisions? Just curious

Do we know if there’s a certain day of the week they like to send things to look out for decisions? Just curious

It looks like from the previous announcements it was scattered throughout the week. I am going to wear out the top right corner of my screen clicking on “mail”! It seems like it’s been silent since New Years, which makes me wonder if committee is on hold during winter break...?

It looks like from the previous announcements it was scattered throughout the week. I am going to wear out the top right corner of my screen clicking on “mail”! It seems like it’s been silent since New Years, which makes me wonder if committee is on hold during winter break...?
Agreed... not knowing when to expect it is frustrating. I do know that someone has gotten a letter in the mail this yr about a week before their email came so honestly either one could be coming first.

• Hmm
Agreed... not knowing when to expect it is frustrating. I do know that someone has gotten a letter in the mail this yr about a week before their email came so honestly either one could be coming first.
UNMC is tied for my first choice with another school. The other school has interviews in two weeks and they give you a decision by the end of your interview week. I’d love to have some closure either way prior to that interview....:confused:

UNMC is tied for my first choice with another school. The other school has interviews in two weeks and they give you a decision by the end of your interview week. I’d love to have some closure either way prior to that interview....:confused:
Yep I'm in the exact same boat except my other top school I interviewed at back in Sept as well and still waiting on both. Gotta love it

• Wow
Anyone interviewed on 12/20 (last day) and heard back?

Accepted by mail today! OOS with strong ties, interviewed 10/11
Edit: anyone know when we will get financial aid packages? OOS tuition is pretty hefty

Reactions: 3 users
I really hope this week is the start of more acceptances... I'm going crazy waiting.
I am also going crazy waiting, I’m running out of healthy coping mechanisms to deal with the stress and anxiety
Same. I am trying to be patient, but I feel like it would be an amazing fit, and I feel like my interview went really well. I’m trying to stay calm, but I’m thinking of what to do if I don’t get in, so then I think maybe submit some DO applications. We will see. Stay focused lol.

Edit: anyone know when we will get financial aid packages? OOS tuition is pretty hefty
Congratulations!! That is good to hear! I know that OOS tuition is expensive, but one of my questions during my interview was about tuition and the student said they have few enough OOS students, that a scholarship is typically awarded to “soften the blow.” I do not have any data to support that, it is just what I was told.

Did you get an email too?? Or was it just mail? Congrats!

Congratulations!! That is good to hear! I know that OOS tuition is expensive, but one of my questions during my interview was about tuition and the student said they have few enough OOS students, that a scholarship is typically awarded to “soften the blow.” I do not have any data to support that, it is just what I was told.
I think this is kind of "under the table," but I know a student there who told me that they bend the rules a lot for OOS students, in terms of tuition. I heard that you'll almost never pay the full price tag-- whether it's through a scholarship, or if you have some sort of IS affiliation, they may just consider you an IS student altogether at that point. I can't provide details because I'm not too sure of the situation myself, but I'm convinced that most OOS students won't be paying full price.

I think this is kind of "under the table," but I know a student there who told me that they bend the rules a lot for OOS students, in terms of tuition. I heard that you'll almost never pay the full price tag-- whether it's through a scholarship, or if you have some sort of IS affiliation, they may just consider you an IS student altogether at that point. I can't provide details because I'm not too sure of the situation myself, but I'm convinced that most OOS students won't be paying full price.
That’s wonderful. Because my other top choice has a price tag of almost $250k less.....

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Out of curiosity, did anyone get a response when they emailed an application update?

Just another data point but a friend of mine was accepted today via mail.

By the way-- I know you said you didn't receive an email regarding your decision, but did you get any emails from the Certiphi background check thing before/after receiving your letter? I've heard that at some schools, the Certiphi email comes in first, which kinda gives people a tip that they have an A coming in soon. My friend attending this school said that he missed the actual letter in the mail (UNMC followed up via phone call since they didn't hear from him), but he did have a Certiphi email come in around the time that the he was supposed to have received the letter.

By the way-- I know you said you didn't receive an email regarding your decision, but did you get any emails from the Certiphi background check thing before/after receiving your letter? I've heard that at some schools, the Certiphi email comes in first, which kinda gives people a tip that they have an A coming in soon. My friend attending this school said that he missed the actual letter in the mail (UNMC followed up via phone call since they didn't hear from him), but he did have a Certiphi email come in around the time that the he was supposed to have received the letter.
No, I haven’t gotten the background check email yet. (If this matters I’ve already completed it for another school so I’m not sure if I should be expecting to receive another email from Certiphi or not.)