2020-2021 Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted today. Good luck to you guys. Imagine you have worked all your life for it, and you deserve a spot in medical school.
Do what you love and love what you do!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
For the virtual interviews, are you guys going to use headphones, or just the mic/speaker on your computer? I'm a little worried that headphones will look funny, but then again I don't want them to hear the planes flying over my house lol.

had the interview today, i used AirPods for the informational session before interviews and used the mic/speaker on my computer because they died right before. other people had headphones on or earbuds in so whatever your situation is, it'll be fine!

Did you apply to UNMC last year? If so, did they inform you what they wanted to see improved?

also a reapplicant and OOS with ties, they told me in my exit interview that i needed to retake my MCAT, specifically my CARS score, so i did

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
also a reapplicant and OOS with ties, they told me in my exit interview that i needed to retake my MCAT, specifically my CARS score, so i did

I have a few questions: 1) what exactly is an exit interview? 2) I have a very low cars score and am wondering what your score was the first time? You do not have to share if you do not want I know thats kind of a stretch I scored 123 and am freaking out. 3) How did you improve your score the next time around?

Thank you in advance sorry it is a lot!

I have a few questions: 1) what exactly is an exit interview? 2) I have a very low cars score and am wondering what your score was the first time? You do not have to share if you do not want I know thats kind of a stretch I scored 123 and am freaking out. 3) How did you improve your score the next time around?

Thank you in advance sorry it is a lot!

an exit interview is a conversation with an admissions committee after an interview about why you were rejected from the school

my first CARS score was a 124, which is 48th percentile. very very very very few schools take a 123 and if they do, only when they’ve exhausted all their 124’s and 125’s (talking to a different med school tho)

i improved my score by hard work and determination, a book by “testing solutions”, and 2-3 hours of practice a day. i read through the book (30 day guide) and practiced as they told me with jack westin. eventually i started getting 6-7/7 right. for a week or so after i finished the book practicing for 7-8 passages a day, i dropped back to 3-4/7 questions right so i started reading the notes i took on the book before i’d practice CARS. Before the real deal, I read through my notes and scored a 128 (92nd percentile)

Any MD/PhD applicants hear about interviews yet? Submitted the secondary 8/5 and haven't heard anything. I'm OOS , no ties.

I am MD/PHD was complete 8/12 and no ties either.

Members don't see this ad :)
II OOS no ties to state (received Thursday) submitted secondary 9/23

Pre II rejection today. Complete end of september and OOS with no ties.

Same, were you also given the chance to appeal the decision?
Yeah, I was given a choice to appeal. I don't know if I'm going to... As an OOS with no ties I think they'll be able to see right through my appeal haha

Did any of guys get a complete email when you submitted the secondary fee and the essay? I haven't heard anything from them and was complete around 8/12. Do you think I should send a letter of interest?

Did any of guys get a complete email when you submitted the secondary fee and the essay? I haven't heard anything from them and was complete around 8/12. Do you think I should send a letter of interest?
I didn't get a complete email (MD/PhD secondary), but if you go to that website where we paid the fee it now says "complete and paid" so I think we should be good. I haven't heard anything yet either (OOS, no ties).

Are there any current students able to answer a few of my questions?

Does UNMC give out Regular admissions decision prior to Thanksgiving?

Congrats. What dates are they scheduling for now? I still have not heard back from them at all :(.
Thanks! They only gave me one date which happens to be next week. DMed you some additional info.

Hey! I’m OOS, no ties, complete late October. Hoping you all hear something soon and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Out of curiosity, did you get a complete email after you submitted? Good luck with the interview!

Out of curiosity, did you get a complete email after you submitted? Good luck with the interview!
No, I didn’t. I got an email confirming payment of secondary fee (automatic email receipt), but that was it. Thank you and please reach out if you have questions, here or DM!!

Have any of you sent application updates? If you have, does UNMC acknowledge the receipt?

Any regular decision people hear back yet? Interviewed in September, but haven't heard anything since. Also, do y'all know if they send all admissions decisions via mail? Like even a waitlist?

Randomly was accepted today! IS applicant
I was told to not expect anything till January 2021 when I interviewed!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Are there any current students I could contact regarding the matriculation process? Just got my A and have a couple questions!

Are there any current students I could contact regarding the matriculation process? Just got my A and have a couple questions!
Congrats! on your acceptance. If you don't mind sharing, are you in-state? and any other details you can share. Thanks ahead.

Any MD/PhD applicants in the dark? According to the website they are done with interviews but I haven’t heard anything. OOS, no ties

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Any MD/PhD applicants in the dark? According to the website they are done with interviews but I haven’t heard anything. OOS, no ties
Got ghosted too. Going to assume an R but I think I heard they send all decisions through mail but I could be wrong on that.

Same situation, I haven't heard anything since the secondary.

Any news from anyone???
It's been quiet for me. I interview back in October and they informed us that they would be sending out decisions via snail mail between late December to mid March. I've been checking my mailbox every single day because of their process.

It's been quiet for me. I interview back in October and they informed us that they would be sending out decisions via snail mail between late December to mid March. I've been checking my mailbox every single day because of their process.
+1. Interviewed in October and was also told we'd hear back via snail mail.

A previous poster said they were notified of their acceptance via email so now I'm not so sure.

Best of luck to you all regardless!

i interviewed in october and was notified via email about my acceptance in late december!

Acceptance via email this morning :) Good luck everyone!

Got the acceptance email this morning as well. Hope to see you all in August :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users