2020-2021 Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Would you mind sharing stats? IS or OOS?
519, cGPA 3.74 sGPA 3.67. OOS, but was born and raised in Omaha so I think that makes me IS. Granted, stats aren't the only thing that weigh into acceptances!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Little late but got the acceptance email earlier this week! OOS with ties, interviewed early November

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, just received an acceptance from UNMC a few minutes ago :).
511 , 3.97 gpa, OOS (with ties)

• Love
So far all acceptances seem to be via email. At my interview, it was mentioned mail. Is the process you get accepted via email and then get an acceptance letter in the mail as well? Just worried about that what to expect.

Members don't see this ad :)
For people getting acceptances, are you guys early decision or general applicant?

Just received my R about 30 minutes ago.

Best of luck to you all with the rest of the cycle.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today! But conditional acceptance as the class is full - if a spot doesn’t open up I’m accepted into next years incoming class.

Accepted today! But conditional acceptance as the class is full - if a spot doesn’t open up I’m accepted into next years incoming class.
Congrats! IS or OOS? Was the acceptance via email or mail?

Reading a IS conditional acceptance, the class being full, I don't even know anymore what to expect.

Reading a IS conditional acceptance, the class being full, I don't even know anymore what to expect.
Does seem strange, much earlier than previously mentioned on SDN threads it seems!

Yep, specifically said all places in the class were full at this time.
Interesting. I wonder if they the class planned & have chosen but have just have not sent out all acceptances. Because it seems weird that so few people (especially in state) have posted and it’s this early in the cycle. My friend had a conditional acceptance in March last year. If anything with COVID, you’d think things would be delayed.

Interesting. I wonder if they the class planned & have chosen but have just have not sent out all acceptances. Because it seems weird that so few people (especially in state) have posted and it’s this early in the cycle. My friend had a conditional acceptance in March last year. If anything with COVID, you’d think things would be delayed.
Curious - did your friend get in for that fall with the conditional?

Received an IS Conditional acceptance on 2/5, so if a spot doesn't open up I will be in next years class! 511, 3.82

Got the post-II R the other day. Best of luck to all!

• Care
Is this a common practice for schools to do? I interviewed a while ago and have not received good or bad news and I’m trying to manage my expectations.

Received a conditional acceptance yesterday! Best of luck to you all

Reactions: 1 users
IS conditional acceptance 2/19. nontrad, 514, 3.5 (3.9 grad/postbacc). Good luck everyone!

The conditional acceptance stats seem super high this year

Has anyone been waitlisted yet? All I have seen is either acceptance, condtional acceptance, or rejected.

Have they waitlisted anyone yet? All I have heard is either acceptance, rejection, or conditional acceptances.
Technically I believe the conditional acceptances ARE waitlist responses. But I could be wrong, I wish I had one of those emails to confirm ;).

Technically I believe the conditional acceptances ARE waitlist responses. But I could be wrong, I wish I had one of those emails to confirm ;).
I mean...they're acceptances. It doesn't necessarily matter what year you're matriculating into as long as you are matriculating into the school.

I know they stated that they will continue to send results out in mid-March, but when would it be a good time to contact them to remind them of our existence lol?
Fantastic question. I've been on the fence about that since late January when everyone else around me was hearing back. At the end of the interview day though, it was mentioned that they'd try to have everything out by March 19th and to please give them til then before contacting.

As of now that's still my plan. I might slide in the emails Monday morning on the 22nd, to kindly ask for an update :whistle: but I'm with you. It's stressful, but not hearing anything back yet is still better than getting a rejection.

I Hope Please GIF

I don't think emailing admissions will yield you an answer other than "we will let you know by mid march". Just wait. I know admissions is nice but patient is a virtue lol.

Do you think they are done giving out acceptances as there have been quite a few conditional acceptances on this page?

Do you think they are done giving out acceptances as there have been quite a few conditional acceptances on this page?
I'm pretty sure they gave out all the acceptances in Jan/early Feb and conditional acceptances since. If you don't hear anything soon I believe they send out the R on the last week. There may be more acceptances, especially conditional acceptances. Good luck!

I'm pretty sure they gave out all the acceptances in Jan/early Feb and conditional acceptances since. If you don't hear anything soon I believe they send out the R on the last week. There may be more acceptances, especially conditional acceptances. Good luck!
Thanks! Time will tell. I know of many people who have received R's already at this point. So this whole cycle seems a little bizarre.