2019-2020 Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Supposedly I was accepted via mail recently. I never actually received anything, but I just got an email saying I need to submit a deposit and this was referenced in my acceptance letter sent via USPS. OOS, but strong connections.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anybody know if they’re sending rejection or SUC letters? Or is it just acceptances right now? Am so eager to have a decision!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if they’re sending rejection or SUC letters? Or is it just acceptances right now? Am so eager to have a decision!
I was looking at last year’s and it looks like at least one person got a post interview rejection in Jan, and waitlist didn’t come out until March

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Supposedly I was accepted via mail recently. I never actually received anything, but I just got an email saying I need to submit a deposit and this was referenced in my acceptance letter sent via USPS. OOS, but strong connections.

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

I was looking at last year’s and it looks like at least one person got a post interview rejection in Jan, and waitlist didn’t come out until March
If they make me wait until March to be waitlisted I am going to be livid.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
There is still lotsss of time left, they have only just begun sending letters. That’s what I’m telling myself
I’m trying to think that way too. I really connected in my interview and have truly wonderful experiences. My entire family is from Nebraska. I just am not a fan of the anticipation. I have a house to sell, a family to move, and I’m the type A/planner kind of person. I need time for logistics! :scared::writer:

I’m trying to think that way too. I really connected in my interview and have truly wonderful experiences. My entire family is from Nebraska. I just am not a fan of the anticipation. I have a house to sell, a family to move, and I’m the type A/planner kind of person. I need time for logistics! :scared::writer:
I’m trying to remain positive but I am the same way- every time I check the mail and it’s empty, I die a little inside.

• Sad
Just a lurker here, UNMC is my top choice and I interviewed back in October... the anticipation is KILLING ME and I check the mail like twice a day lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Also, question: has your application portal been updated/does it look different since you've been accepted? I know the UNMC portal is probably pretty useless since they insist on relaying decisions via snail mail, but I'm wondering if it's worth checking that everyday. I figure it's more reliable than the waiting for the mail since letters get lost and delayed and whatever.

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
mediocre GPA, high MCAT
Congrats! Also, question: has your application portal been updated/does it look different since you've been accepted? I know the UNMC portal is probably pretty useless since they insist on relaying decisions via snail mail, but I'm wondering if it's worth checking that everyday. I figure it's more reliable than the waiting for the mail since letters get lost and delayed and whatever.
Portal is unchanged as far as I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the accepted UNMC students did some gap years or are college seniors applying?

Just curious to see if anyone has been receiving any post-II R's or WL's yet? Does anyone know if they release those decisions on a rolling basis too, or do they wait until mid-March to release all of the R's and WL's?

Rejected by mail, OOS with mediocre ties, good luck to everyone else!

• Sad
Does UNMC usually take this long to send out responses? Getting really impatient :'(

• Sad
I was recently accepted at my top choice. Maybe UNMC for some residency opportunities in 4 years...? Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting to hear, and congratulations to those accepted! If you don’t prevail this year, don’t give up. Chase what you’re passionate about!

Rejected by mail, OOS, low MCAT score. Good luck everyone else!

• Sad
So sorry ): do you have any ties to Nebraska?
Yep! Went to UNL, have lived/worked here for 4 years, and will technically be a Nebraska resident in May lol but I’m from Colorado so I was out of state for this years app. Planning on talking with admissions to see how I can improve for the next time I apply!

Reactions: 2 users
Yep! Went to UNL, have lived/worked here for 4 years, and will technically be a Nebraska resident in May lol but I’m from Colorado so I was out of state for this years app. Planning on talking with admissions to see how I can improve for the next time I apply!

I am sure you are an great candidate, and I hope you can get a better understanding on what to improve and get in next time. You got this!

I am sure you are an great candidate, and I hope you can get a better understanding on what to improve and get in next time. You got this!
Thank you!! I wish the best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear back! :)

Anyone interview in September and still not heard anything back since?

Still waiting and interviewed in October :oops:

I remember them saying that your interview date isn’t correlated to when you’ll hear back unfortunately. They aren’t reviewing apps by interview date ):

Hopefully all of us don’t have to wait much longer. Isn’t the deadline March 18th?
Yeah, 3/18. I really hope other applicants who aren't on SDN/lurkers have been receiving decisions that aren't accounted for on this forum.... it's really weird that only a couple of people on this thread have heard back at this point. Statistically speaking, roughly half of us here should have heard something by now, since we're halfway into their "decisions period."

Also, rant: I feel like an idiot going to check my mail every afternoon, totally hoping there's something in there for me, but knowing well that my UNMC letter won't be there. I ask my parents to check the mail now because fk this **** lol it's starting to mess with my head. Just gonna pretend like I'm not expecting anything anymore. It is so emotionally draining to stay hopeful when the matter is completely out of your hands :/

Yeah, 3/18. I really hope other applicants who aren't on SDN/lurkers have been receiving decisions that aren't accounted for on this forum.... it's really weird that only a couple of people on this thread have heard back at this point. Statistically speaking, roughly half of us here should have heard something by now, since we're halfway into their "decisions period."

Also, rant: I feel like an idiot going to check my mail every afternoon, totally hoping there's something in there for me, but knowing well that my UNMC letter won't be there. I ask my parents to check the mail now because fk this **** lol it's starting to mess with my head. Just gonna pretend like I'm not expecting anything anymore. It is so emotionally draining to stay hopeful when the matter is completely out of your hands :/

Hopefully the wait is coming to an end as we gotta hear by the deadline :)
Also you could sign up for USPS informed delivery. If it is available in your area they will send you an email in the morning with a picture of the exterior of letter sized mail pieces (digital preview) hence you will know ahead of time what mail to expect for the day.

Wow I am so glad I’m not the only one feeling like this. It’s been a long application cycle, and it is emotionally draining to wait on these schools, to get rejections, the waiting is very difficult! But we got this, we can’t give up on this dream!

Wow I am so glad I’m not the only one feeling like this. It’s been a long application cycle, and it is emotionally draining to wait on these schools, to get rejections, the waiting is very difficult! But we got this, we can’t give up on this dream!
By the way, AAMC emailed saying that the "pick your school" tool thingy will be available on AMCAS on Feb 19. Basically, that selection menu is going to show all your acceptances from the different schools you applied to so that you can finalize your choice for matriculation. So... there's a chance that we may be able to see if we've been accepted to UNMC by logging into AMCAS rather than having to wait for a physical letter in the mail. Am I right here-- does anyone else know if it works that way?

By the way, AAMC emailed saying that the "pick your school" tool thingy will be available on AMCAS on Feb 19. Basically, that selection menu is going to show all your acceptances from the different schools you applied to so that you can finalize your choice for matriculation. So... there's a chance that we may be able to see if we've been accepted to UNMC by logging into AMCAS rather than having to wait for a physical letter in the mail. Am I right here-- does anyone else know if it works that way?
My letter got lost in the mail but I still got a follow-up email asking for my deposit.

Multiple acceptances...what would that be like :rofl:

• Haha
I found the facebook group for the class of 2024 the other day. .. Doubt it's 100% accurate but as of now there are only 83 members so that gives me hope

I found the facebook group for the class of 2024 the other day. .. Doubt it's 100% accurate but as of now there are only 83 members so that gives me hope
Oh wow, that sounds like a lot. I know it probably includes current med students but dang. I’m worried now :(

• Hmm
I tried logging on but must not be accepted anywhere yet because this tool is not available for me. Love the idea though, maybe it will work for others!

Oh wow, that sounds like a lot. I know it probably includes current med students but dang. I’m worried now :(
I know a lot of current M1 and M2, and I recognize that at least 20 on that page are current students