2020-2021 Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fantastic question. I've been on the fence about that since late January when everyone else around me was hearing back. At the end of the interview day though, it was mentioned that they'd try to have everything out by March 19th and to please give them til then before contacting.

As of now that's still my plan. I might slide in the emails Monday morning on the 22nd, to kindly ask for an update :whistle: but I'm with you. It's stressful, but not hearing anything back yet is still better than getting a rejection.

I Hope Please GIF
I feel you on that. We'll have to see how things work out. Hopefully, they're still giving out (conditional) acceptances rather than just rejecting individuals at this point. Here's to the next aggravating two weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel you on that. We'll have to see how things work out. Hopefully, they're still giving out (conditional) acceptances rather than just rejecting individuals at this point. Here's to the next aggravating two weeks.
I've gotta believe they still are, even if not many now. Otherwise it'd be much simpler just to cut it off and send out the rest as R's. The way I see it there's still some hope.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Reactions: 1 user
is there a date where we will hear back from UNMC by this year? like last year, they said we will know by March 19th.

i haven’t heard yet and i’m wondering when that final date will be!

is there a date where we will hear back from UNMC by this year? like last year, they said we will know by March 19th.

i haven’t heard yet and i’m wondering when that final date will be!
March 19th is the only date I've heard of, if you're waitlisted/conditionally accepted then you can hear back any time from now until August if a spot opens up.

If you're still waiting for your first response at all, then March 19th is the date they're shooting for... but who knows, things happen and maybe they're running a little behind. If you're wanting to check in for your app status though, I'd wait til Monday the 22nd.

stand please GIF

March 19th is the only date I've heard of, if you're waitlisted/conditionally accepted then you can hear back any time from now until August if a spot opens up.

If you're still waiting for your first response at all, then March 19th is the date they're shooting for... but who knows, things happen and maybe they're running a little behind. If you're wanting to check in for your app status though, I'd wait til Monday the 22nd.

stand please GIF

i haven’t heard at all!! are they still sending mail acceptances or will it come by email?

for those that have heard, does the portal show the decision on your app?

i haven’t heard at all!! are they still sending mail acceptances or will it come by email?

for those that have heard, does the portal show the decision on your app?
I honestly don't know anymore. I was informed that it would come by mail during my interview day, but apparently, people have been receiving stuff by email. Most of me is still sticking to the information I was given on interview day in which they said we would receive stuff by mail rather than email. That's the most accurate information because it comes directly from them. But, I'm not even sure what to believe at this point.

I honestly don't know anymore. I was informed that it would come by mail during my interview day, but apparently, people have been receiving stuff by email. Most of me is still sticking to the information I was given on interview day in which they said we would receive stuff by mail rather than email. That's the most accurate information because it comes directly from them. But, I'm not even sure what to believe at this point.
Following up on this: just received my rejection letter. Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call today that I will be starting this fall! Received a conditional acceptance 2/4

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I have always like Nebraska Omaha's medical school. But everything I have ever heard about them is they take basically no OOS applicants. MSAR says otherwise. I have lived in Omaha, my father trained in Omaha. Do you think this justifies applying here next cycle? I'd like to hear your advice.

I have always like Nebraska Omaha's medical school. But everything I have ever heard about them is they take basically no OOS applicants. MSAR says otherwise. I have lived in Omaha, my father trained in Omaha. Do you think this justifies applying here next cycle? I'd like to hear your advice.
Mmm I’d say MSAR’s data of 18/131 acceptances being OOS is not very out of state friendly. Nebraska residency is initially based on where you went to high school. If you have a strong connection to UNMC I’d say definitely give it a shot if you like the school because they are more likely to accept OOS students with good connections such as yours of previously living here.

Any idea how many people get waitlisted/what the movement is like every year?

Last edited:
Any idea how many people get waitlisted/what the movement is like every year?
Everything I have heard both from Lindsay, current students, and students who have gotten in off of the waitlist is only that each year they take around the same number of people on the conditional and traditional waitlist, but is completely different in regard to how many people get in off of the waitlist each year. Hoping to maybe get some insight for this year specifically at the application review with Lindsay next week.

Last edited:
Received notification today that I will be starting this year, conditional acceptance 2/19. Good luck to everyone awaiting a decision.