2020-2021 Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Nebraska

Members don't see this ad.

Not applying EDP. Recieved secondary application today. It looks like a slightly different process than prior years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not applying EDP. Recieved secondary application today. It looks like a slightly different process than prior years.
How is it different than in prior years? Will you please elaborate. Thank You

Last edited:
Verified 7/16, still waiting on the secondary. Have most of you already received one?

Typically the school will only send you a secondary if you are given an interview. This year it looks like they are giving a secondary to everyone.

What is your personal rationale for applying to the UNMC College of Medicine? (1000 Characters)

How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected you professionally and personally? (1000 Characters)

Reactions: 1 user
Typically the school will only send you a secondary if you are given an interview. This year it looks like they are giving a secondary to everyone.
How do you know they're sending it out to everyone this year?

It's listed on MSAR and on their website that they're sending them out to everyone this year. Additionally, I hadn't got mine yet, so I sent an email to their Adcom department and got it this afternoon! Super easy secondary.

Did anyone recieve a confirmation email of their secondary after you submit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get an interview invite? When did you submit?
yes ! received and submitted 7/22. there were dates at the end of sept and throughout october (probably more but i think the portal closed before i could check too deeply)

yes ! received and submitted 7/22. there were dates at the end of sept and throughout october (probably more but i think the portal closed before i could check too deeply)

Did you get a confirmation once you submitted the secondary or did they just send the interview invite?

Anyone else receive a secondary invite but not the link to submit the supplemental fee? I received the invite 8/5 and still have not received an email with the information to submit the fee.

Anyone else receive a secondary invite but not the link to submit the supplemental fee? I received the invite 8/5 and still have not received an email with the information to submit the fee.
Hi, this happened to me as well! did you ever figure out the issue?

Hi, this happened to me as well! did you ever figure out the issue?
Yes, I emailed admissions and they are aware of the issue. Took a couple emails back and forth, but I was able to get my NUID and password after a day.

Are they considering applications without MCAT score or will the applications be put on hold until they receive the scores?

Anyone receive any interviews? This thread has not been active for awhile? I was complete around 8/12 but still did not hear back.

Anyone receive any interviews? This thread has not been active for awhile? I was complete around 8/12 but still did not hear back.
I was complete around then and haven't heard anything back either!

other than EDP applicants, what is the timeline to receive interview invites for regular applicants?

I applied to UNMC via EDP, and had my interview already.
Do you know when we generally hear back for the EDP?
As per the AAMC, the schools have to respond by October 1

Hi everyone! It's unfortunate that this has to be my first post on SDN, but I figured since I benefit from information being collected I should contribute.

I got a rejection email from Nebraska today. OOS with ties to state. But my stats are pretty low so I'm expecting a lot more r's in the future lol. 506 MCAT 3.7 gpa, nontrad former military medic.

Good luck to you all!

Hi everyone! It's unfortunate that this has to be my first post on SDN, but I figured since I benefit from information being collected I should contribute.

I got a rejection email from Nebraska today. OOS with ties to state. But my stats are pretty low so I'm expecting a lot more r's in the future lol. 506 MCAT 3.7 gpa, nontrad former military medic.

Good luck to you all!
It's all good man. May I ask when you were complete? I was complete around august 12 but have yet to receive anything from them. So I am worried my time is coming as well

It's all good man. May I ask when you were complete? I was complete around august 12 but have yet to receive anything from them. So I am worried my time is coming as well
For sure, complete 7/29.

how was the interview? also, was it closed or open file?
It was a closed file. I think it was a laid-back interview. I tried to be myself really, and answered all questions at the best of my ability

Good luck to you all!

Sorry to hear. Were you rejected for admission or for an interview? EDP or regular applicant? thanks.

Sorry to hear. Were you rejected for admission or for an interview? EDP or regular applicant? thanks.

I mean I guess I was technically rejected for both lol. But it was pre-interview rejection. Regular applicant

Did you apply to UNMC last year? If so, did they inform you what they wanted to see improved?
Yes, I did and was waitlisted. I met with admissions and they honestly didn’t have much to say.
I have average stats and I’m OOS. They basically said the bar is higher for OOS since they can take less and I may want to consider retaking my MCAT

For the virtual interviews, are you guys going to use headphones, or just the mic/speaker on your computer? I'm a little worried that headphones will look funny, but then again I don't want them to hear the planes flying over my house lol.

Yes, I did and was waitlisted. I met with admissions and they honestly didn’t have much to say.
I have average stats and I’m OOS. They basically said the bar is higher for OOS since they can take less and I may want to consider retaking my MCAT
Mind sharing stats and complete date?

Any MD-PHDs receive interviews recently? I saw one on the MD-PHD invite thread. I was complete around 8/13 and still have not heard back :/

That's pretty good stats. Is this your new MCAT score or from last year?

Last edited by a moderator: