2018-2019 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else gotten a confirmation of application receipt email without a secondary? I just got one today....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten secondaries yet, IS or otherwise?

IS, verified June 7th, received confirmation almost 3 weeks ago and still no secondary.

Reactions: 1 user
I was verified early June and haven't received any confirmation or secondary. IS LM 67. Anyone in this same position?

That's hella funny that Oakland isn't Norcal! WHat about SF or Berkeley? Since when is the Bay central coast. Good luck to everyone btw

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you getting this definition from? I couldn't find it on the secondary.
Its not in their secondary, I had to dig thru their site to figure out what they are classifying as norcal.

P.s Med school admissions site.

That's hella funny that Oakland isn't Norcal! WHat about SF or Berkeley? Since when is the Bay central coast. Good luck to everyone btw

I think casually dropping the word "hella" throughout your secondaries is more indicative of having ties to Northern California than your hometown ;).

Reactions: 14 users
Secondary received finallllly! IS, LM 67 and submitted primary first day

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary received 7/26 1:44PM, primary verified 7/24!!! IS

I'm going to cryyyy this one of, if not, my first choice school T_T

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary received ! Verified 7/24. IS from the area.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Secondary received ! Verified 7/3. IS from SoCal

Is no secondary a bad sign as someone verified in June? I’m starting to see a lot of people from July now...

Is no secondary a bad sign as someone verified in June? I’m starting to see a lot of people from July now...
just got one today and i was verified in early June! seems they're sending them out in random batches

IS, verified 6/19, got my confirmation of app receipt from Davis 7/9, got secondary today 7/26

UC Davis is my dream school because I was born in and lived in Sacramento up until UCLA undergrad and I love the area! LizzyM 66 (low I know, but got a 3.92 avg GPA senior year) but I'm thinking my Sac connections are what pushed me through :)

Davis!...do you love me....are you ridin'....:whistle:

Reactions: 9 users
For the activities section—if we already notated our three most meaningful and included the respective essays on the primary, what should we do?

Should we just copy paste? Expand more? Leave it blank? Any tips from former applicants who had success?

Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee.

For this prompt, are we supposed to talk about things like a grade being B- or below, or a low MCAT cars score?

Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee.

For this prompt, are we supposed to talk about things like a grade being B- or below, or a low MCAT cars score?
I did B- & mcat scores, but you could do things like lacking research experience, shadowing hours, volunteering etc

i don't think so but in my context it was during a downward GPA trend
Yeah, that makes sense. Context is key.

Any advice for the activities section if we already listed 3 most meaningful in primary?
"We apologize for any redundancy - feel free to reproduce the comments from your Primary application and expand on them as appropriate."

I would copy what you wrote in your primary. Are you wondering if you should change the content of the description?

Does anyone else's fee say that it is not paid even though you have the FAP and your fee showed as Waived when filling out the app??

"We apologize for any redundancy - feel free to reproduce the comments from your Primary application and expand on them as appropriate."

I would copy what you wrote in your primary. Are you wondering if you should change the content of the description?
+1

Prompts are same as last year's, but activity descriptions have been shortened to 500 characters instead of 750: You will have 30 calendar days to complete the secondary application from the day you received the Secondary Application request. The 30 calendar day deadline does not include the letters of recommendation.

Essay Questions Section
1. Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee.
2. Do you have a connection to Northern or Central California? (Yes or No)
3. If you answered 'yes' to having a connection to Northern or Central California, please explain below. If you answered 'no' type 'not applicable'.

Experiences Section
At UC Davis School of Medicine we realize that each applicant brings diversity and perspective from a broad range of experiences. In this section we give you the opportunity to describe in detail the 3 extracurricular activities or experiences that have been most influential in leading you to a career in medicine. We realize that many applicants have identified key experiences in the main application. However, some do not and others identify less than 3. We apologize for any redundancy - feel free to reproduce the comments from your Primary application and expand on them as appropriate.

Interview Feedback: University of California Davis School of Medicine

For the experiences essay, are we suppose to talk about each experience in a separate essay? Or is it all one combined in one? If so, is the word count 500?

For the experiences essay, are we suppose to talk about each experience in a separate essay? Or is it all one combined in one? If so, is the word count 500?

Each experience gets 500 characters (not words) and you talk about them separately.

Is it bad to already have chosen three meaningful activities in primary app and include a new one now for meaningful? That way I won’t be repeating too much.

Is it bad to already have chosen three meaningful activities in primary app and include a new one now for meaningful? That way I won’t be repeating too much.
Repetition is not a problem. I would include it if it is genuinely one of your most meaningful activities and your description reflects that.

s!

I was wondering where you saw this? I didn't see it on the secondary is it on their website? ThankS!

No secondary and pretty bummed. Will there be another wave? I just wonder what it means...LM 73-75 and solid ECs and IS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users