2018-2019 Rutgers New Jersey Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone who interviewed mid december hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
just put on priority alternate list :-/ interviewed mid-nov

anybody know how many people generally get off the waitlist? if any current students could weigh in that would be great!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where to go first for the interview? I never received a confirmation email and they never responded back to the email I sent.

Does anyone know where to go first for the interview? I never received a confirmation email and they never responded back to the email I sent.
just go to the admissions office, they will direct you, should be in the instructions how to get there

II! complete august, available days through February

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed here on 10/17...radio silence since then and no updates on the portal. Emailed admissions back in December and they said I should have my decision within a few weeks...safe to say this is a rejection.

Interviewed here on 10/17...radio silence since then and no updates on the portal. Emailed admissions back in December and they said I should have my decision within a few weeks...safe to say this is a rejection.

Some people in last years thread interviewed in October, were never waitlisted, and got accepted in the first couple days in May! Don’t lose hope I’m in the same boat as you.

As I sent that got placed on alternate list after 13 weeks of waiting. Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do peoples emails actually say “waitlist” or are they calling the alternate list a waitlist? My e-mail said alternate and on their website they only mention an alternate list so I’m curious if there is an actual difference or just people calling it different things.

Do peoples emails actually say “waitlist” or are they calling the alternate list a waitlist? My e-mail said alternate and on their website they only mention an alternate list so I’m curious if there is an actual difference or just people calling it different things.

You're right, waitlist=alternate list. Though there is a priority alternate list and a regular alternate list. Not sure if a high priority one exists though

I believe people refer to alternate list as waitlist, yes. According to posts above, there is a priority alternate list and just a regular alternate list.

Each Med school has their own process, NJMS only has alternate list (no priority alternate or wait list here), I did a deep dive on it.

Each Med school has their own process, NJMS only has alternate list (no priority alternate or wait list here), I did a deep dive on it.

There is a priority alternate list!

It was not mentioned on their website, where you learned it, and can you please provide any link or details?

They sent me an email saying I was on it! I think quite a few people got on it last week

It was not mentioned on their website, where you learned it, and can you please provide any link or details?

I think it’s probabaly one alternate list that’s ranked and they tell those higher on the list that they’re up further “priority”

Does anyone happen to know when they send out rejections if no interview has been given? Do they wait until the end of the cycle?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey there, random question but I interviewed a while back and was trying to remember if we were given a folder with information about the school during the visit? I can't seem to find one, but I also can't shake the possibility that we were given one... thanks!

Any acceptances recently? Anyone knows how often the committee usually meets and what day they usually call for acceptances?

Waitlisted this morning less than 4 weeks after iterview... Looking through this thread, is this basically an R at this point since they seem to throw everyone onto the waitlist?

they say 4-6 weeks but its been over 3 months and no news for me haha so unfortunately i don't think there's any guaranteed timeline
I interviewed on October 17th and haven’t heard back at all. I emailed admission before Christmas and they said “you should hear back within the next few weeks”...

Any acceptances recently? Anyone knows how often the committee usually meets and what day they usually call for acceptances?
The admissions committee meets every Thursday. Dr. Heinrich doesn't have a specific day or time that he calls accepted applicants but the call will come up from a blocked number just so you know.

Admissions likes to tell people 5-7 weeks but I know they've been behind lately since this is a really busy time of year for them.

Does anyone know if Dr. Heinrich will give feedback about either your application or the interview?

I interviewed on October 17th and haven’t heard back at all. I emailed admission before Christmas and they said “you should hear back within the next few weeks”...
for me it ended up being a priority waitlist, i hope you meet a better fate!

Interviewed 1/2

Waitlisted OOS. Thought I had a good interview. The interviewer said I should be accepted and have a very strong application (he also asked how many IIs I had- had 5 at the time so idk if I got yield protected?)

Edit: I got put on the alternate list

Waitlisted this morning less than 4 weeks after iterview... Looking through this thread, is this basically an R at this point since they seem to throw everyone onto the waitlist?

Same thing happened to me.

The admissions committee meets every Thursday. Dr. Heinrich doesn't have a specific day or time that he calls accepted applicants but the call will come up from a blocked number just so you know.

Admissions likes to tell people 5-7 weeks but I know they've been behind lately since this is a really busy time of year for them.

Do you know when we will start to receive info regarding scholarships, paying for school, taking out loans, etc.?

Hey all, I’m an M1 at NJMS. Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll answer DM or on here when I can.

Hey all, I’m an M1 at NJMS. Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll answer DM or on here when I can.
I've asked this like 3 times on this site haha but when do we start getting financial aid info, and do we get any type of scholarships? I've been freaking out about if we have to start applying for loans soon. Thanks for the help!!

Do you know when we will start to receive info regarding scholarships, paying for school, taking out loans, etc.?
For me, scholarship information came from Dr. Heinrich in March and I was accepted in October. But from what I've heard the admissions committee seems to make Dean's Scholarship calls (for which everyone who has been accepted is eligible) around March/April before traffic day.

If you've been accepted already there should be financial aid info in the packet of information they sent out. If you haven't heard anything I would definitely contact admissions or the financial aid office for more info on that.

For me, scholarship information came from Dr. Heinrich in March and I was accepted in October. But from what I've heard the admissions committee seems to make Dean's Scholarship calls (for which everyone who has been accepted is eligible) around March/April before traffic day.

If you've been accepted already there should be financial aid info in the packet of information they sent out. If you haven't heard anything I would definitely contact admissions or the financial aid office for more info on that.

I was accepted (ED) in July, I haven't received information regarding financial aid (or really anything) yet. I also didn't get the interview day packet that I saw some people discussing above; not sure if that's an ED thing or not.

thank you! what are the eligibility requirements for the Dean's Scholarship?

I was accepted (ED) in July, I haven't received information regarding financial aid (or really anything) yet. I also didn't get the interview day packet that I saw some people discussing above; not sure if that's an ED thing or not.
I applied ED and also didn't get the packet

I've asked this like 3 times on this site haha but when do we start getting financial aid info, and do we get any type of scholarships? I've been freaking out about if we have to start applying for loans soon. Thanks for the help!!
I received my official offer either in March or April? I don't remember, but you will have time to review before 4-30 which is when you have to actually choose by.