2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is anyone else still not complete but submitted super early july?? think i submitted july 5th and still no email

Members don't see this ad :)
do you know what dates were available for the interview? thanks :)
Looks like its Sept. 7 and 12. Slightly concerning message in the II email: "Your first step will be to select the Chicago Medical School program schedule then select the “soonest available” interview date. If your interview is not scheduled within the specified time, you will forfeit your eligibility for admission to the Chicago Medical School." Guess that means if you're unavailable those two days you forfeit? Idk

What are your stats? when did you complete?
Stats are in my signature. Received complete email late July/early June

I submitted secondary on 7/5/18 and got complete email on 7/30. Hopefully I get an interview.

Submitted 7/25, just got the complete email today!

Submitted 7/31, just got the complete email today. Would love an interview from them!

Submitted secondary 7/27
Complete email 8/21

Also just got the complete email, and can't remember exact submit date but it was similar to those above^

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it late if I just submitted secondary in the last two days?

File completed and under review today. Submitted 7/31.

Does anybody know if it would be considered late if I submit my secondary in the past two days?

Is it late if I just submitted secondary in the last two days?

I'm new here, but from what I've read:
June = very early
July = early
August = on time
September = late

Sounds like you're on the cusp between on time and late.

secondary submitted 8/3, complete today 8/22 with 7/25 CASPer.

Woke up to an II today after doing a grave shift last night!! very very very excited :)!! Received complete e-mail August 6th

Reactions: 6 users
Just got my first II from here! Super excited to finally be able to stop stressing about getting any interviews haha

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my first II from here! Super excited to finally be able to stop stressing about getting any interviews haha

congrats!! I got complete email same day. hoping for some love soon. what are your stats if you don't mind?

II today :D LM: 71, IS, Submitted July 17th, Completed July 30th, CASPER June 21st.

For those who submitted their secondaries, how did you all check the prerequisite boxes? I took Gen Chem 2 with lab so do I check both Gen Chem II AND Gen Chem w/ Lab II or just Gen Chem w/ Lab II?

For those who submitted their secondaries, how did you all check the prerequisite boxes? I took Gen Chem 2 with lab so do I check both Gen Chem II AND Gen Chem w/ Lab II or just Gen Chem w/ Lab II?
However it is on your transcript

Have you already completed the courses? I believe that section was only for the ones that you planned on completing in the future. So if you have already taken Gen Chem, you don't need to check a box for it at all.

So I submitted my secondary 7/5 and I still have not gotten a complete email. Should I email them?

Does anyone know if the pre-interview hold is a rejection? Or they seriously consider you afterwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the pre-interview hold is a rejection? Or they seriously consider you afterwards?

I'm a current M1 here at CMS, and I can assure you that the pre-interview hold is definitely NOT a rejection. I was actually put on the pre-interview hold, then I got the interview invite, then I was waitlisted, then I was accepted. It can be a LONG haul for a lot of the applicants.

I'm a current M1 here at CMS, and I can assure you that the pre-interview hold is definitely NOT a rejection. I was actually put on the pre-interview hold, then I got the interview invite, then I was waitlisted, then I was accepted. It can be a LONG haul for a lot of the applicants.
Do you know if everyone should be hearing back now whether they get II’s or not?

When did they start the pre-II holds? Wasn’t it communicated via email?

Also is this school straightforward with rejections or do they do it in silence

Yes, they do pre-interview holds here, and don't worry, its is not a rejection.

ooh that’s good news. Should I send a letter of intent a few months later if I don’t hear anything back with some updates or?

submitted secondary 07/12. received the complete email 08/16. hoping to hear some news soon!

ooh that’s good news. Should I send a letter of intent a few months later if I don’t hear anything back with some updates or?

As far as I know, this school does not accept updates or letters of intent.

Also is this school straightforward with rejections or do they do it in silence

CMS seems to be pretty straightforward when it comes to rejections, but they have been known to take their time when it comes to communicating with the applicants.

Unfortunately, they do not accept any updates or letters of intent due to the sheer number of applications they get (~12,000). The only exceptions are if it includes Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge explanations.