2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an interview invite today
Hey, would you mind sharing what interview dates are left? Does anyone know when they interview til?

Members don't see this ad.

Lst year a lot of decisions went out the 29th... hoping for the same this year?

Reactions: 1 user
Sent an email today asking for a post interview status update (10/5) has anyone gotten responses from these?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sent an email today asking for a post interview status update (10/5) has anyone gotten responses from these?
They replied saying im still under review, but thanks for reaching out. Once a decision is made they'll email

Reactions: 1 users
Any other current student willing to host interviewees! I saw a few earlier that were willing to offer but are currently taken. If not, any hotel recommendations from previous interviewees? Thanks!

Wonder if they're gonna send out any more IIs? Survived the R wave but it might just be false hope where I'll receive the R at the end of the cycle

Reactions: 7 users
Any internationals/Canadians here hear anything back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone who interviewed in September still not heard back yet? The office said to just be patient but I'm wondering if this is just setting up for an R later since it's been so long?

has anyone who interviewed in September still not heard back yet? The office said to just be patient but I'm wondering if this is just setting up for an R later since it's been so long?
+1

I emailed them and they said that we can hear back anytime from now through the summer.

I also have not heard back and interviewed on the first day

For those who interviewed already, do they serve breakfast or provide snacks in the morning?

Accepted!!! My first. Interviewed on Jan 4. I found out today and immediately started crying because I’m so dang happy to be able to pursue this field. Feeling incredibly joyful and grateful. :luck: Best of luck to everyone still waiting for their first!

Reactions: 14 users
Accepted!!! My first. Interviewed on Jan 4. I found out today and immediately started crying because I’m so dang happy to be able to pursue this field. Feeling incredibly joyful and grateful. :luck: Best of luck to everyone still waiting for their first!
Did you hear back via email? Also congrats!

Thank you! Yes I did hear via email and the subject line was something along the lines of “Decision Notification”.

So I guess the earliest we will hear back is a month but then there's some waiting since September so who even knows. Congrats by the way!!

Are they still sending out II?
Their website says they finish interviewing by april so I imagine they have late march interviews with invites being sent out until the end of february/early march?

Are February interviews for the waitlist?

(EDIT from the future - I got accepted without being waitlisted, so February interviews aren't for the waitlist at all!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I just stayed with this person for my interview and it was a great time! They picked me up from the airport and had a cute room in a nice apartment for me to stay in. I also was able to pick their brain about Rosalind before my interview. The day of the interview they dropped me off on campus which was a 5 minute drive away.

I recommend hitting these people up if you are needing a place to stay for the interview and want great hosts!

(Reposting in case anybody is still interested in a student host during their interview)

My girlfriend and I are both M2s living 5 min away from campus in Lake Forest and have an extra bedroom with a full bed/closet/desk. We can drive you to your interview and would provide some breakfast, coffee, etc. The price would be cheaper than the hotels nearby and you'd get a better feel for the school by staying with some current students. I also might be able to pick you up from the airport depending on when your flight gets in, which would be much cheaper/more convenient than uber or train ride. We also have an extra parking spot if you have a car!

If that doesn't sound like something you'd want, Ros put together a list of places to stay. (Not sure if the link works, but here's the url)

Where to Stay

Message me or reply to this if you're interested! All upcoming interview dates are available as of 1/3/19.

Reactions: 2 users
Are February interviews for the waitlist?
Not categorically. All interview dates have equal chance of outright acceptance or waitlist, depending on your interview performance.
Also, the waitlist here historically sees a lot of movement, so it's not necessarily a bad place to be.

Still patiently waiting for RFU to give me a decision post interview. II was 10/5. If I am accepted, my cycle is done/finito/complete and Ill be attending gallantly. Would be a great way to celebrate Valentine'a day with my wife

Reactions: 4 users
Looks like second look is 4 weeks from this Saturday. They must have a short list of people currently planning on going if SDN is any indication to how many people are still under review post interview.

So hopefully the next 2 weeks have positive outcomes for many of us

Looks like second look is 4 weeks from this Saturday. They must have a short list of people currently planning on going if SDN is any indication to how many people are still under review post interview.

So hopefully the next 2 weeks have positive outcomes for many of us

How did you find this out?

i interviewed in early october and STILL have not heard back at all from them. tried sending an email and didn't get a response. unsure why they are so slow and also not updating applicants.. since it obviously does not make them look good. very annoyed by this school's process. i talked to a friend who also interviewed and has the same story :(

i interviewed in early october and STILL have not heard back at all from them. tried sending an email and didn't get a response. unsure why they are so slow and also not updating applicants.. since it obviously does not make them look good. very annoyed by this school's process. i talked to a friend who also interviewed and has the same story :(

Interviewed 10/5 myself and no decision yet. I did email a few weeks ago, and did get a reply within an hout stating that I am still under review

I just received an II after being complete in August! Very surprised and excited
LM 70-71, OOS, ORM

Reactions: 9 users
I just received an II after being complete in August! Very surprised and excited
LM 70-71, OOS, ORM
Did you reach out to the admissions prior to the invite at all? i am wondering if i should ask for a status update and express continued interest (still waiting pre-II). Thank you!

Did you reach out to the admissions prior to the invite at all? i am wondering if i should ask for a status update and express continued interest (still waiting pre-II). Thank you!

I actually did not, I don’t have any significant updates to my application, so I haven’t communicated with them since submitting my secondary! I think it’s worth a shot!

LM 70-71, OOS, ORM

Congratulations!!!! Such great news!!! I'm also hoping for an II still...

I actually did not, I don’t have any significant updates to my application, so I haven’t communicated with them since submitting my secondary! I think it’s worth a shot!
They explicitly do not allow them, but you can try!

How late does their interview season go? I am LM 65-67, OOS, Complete in August and haven't heard anything

So I have an interview next week and I was wondering if they accept an update of my EC and transcript during the interview. Should I bring with me a hard copy to hand or should I email it in before?

So I have an interview next week and I was wondering if they accept an update of my EC and transcript during the interview. Should I bring with me a hard copy to hand or should I email it in before?
Nope. Updates aren't accepted.

Silence since my interview on 9/7. Over 5 months of silence with no communication is honestly not acceptable.
The wait can be a bit ridiculous, but looking at past threads this isn't uncommon for this school. I've been waiting for just around two months for a decision. On the bright side you have a handful of acceptances already!

Yeah this schools turnaround time is absurd. I interviewed in early November and not a peep since then. But at this point I would turn down an acceptance regardless.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah this schools turnaround time is absurd. I interviewed in early November and not a peep since then. But at this point I would turn down an acceptance regardless.

You should probably withdraw your app then IMO! If they have one person less to make a decision about it'll reduce their turnaround time by one person worth, in theory. In practice they probably review in batches so it wouldn't matter, but you should still withdraw to reduce the load on them.

I agree with Meridian, @Wannabemdee

Reactions: 3 users