2017-2018 Western Michigan University (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off the waitlist today with half tuition scholarship

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
accepted, but declined the offer. Hope one of you get in here!!!!

Accepted a spot in the MD Bridge program, so excited to get started.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I knew last week, I officially signed the agreement Tuesday, and thank you
When did you interview for it? I haven’t gotten a final decision for it yet and just today they told me that they’ll be interviewing candidates for it, though they mistakenly told me in April that they won’t be. I still haven’t been interviewed for it yet but they said they’re still interviewing candidates.

Congratulations! Also, what is that?
It’s a program they have that allows to complete a MS in biomedical science in one year and if you’re successful they invite to start the MD program the following year

When did you interview for it? I haven’t gotten a final decision for it yet and just today they told me that they’ll be interviewing candidates for it, though they mistakenly told me in April that they won’t be. I still haven’t been interviewed for it yet but they said they’re still interviewing candidates.
I actually interviewed for the MD class and waitlisted and they called and offered me a spot in the bridge program

It’s a program they have that allows to complete a MS in biomedical science in one year and if you’re successful they invite to start the MD program the following year

So, you pretty much sit the first year with the M1 students, I'm assuming? And then you matriculate as an M1 the next year?

Turning down my admission offer and scholarship today, best of luck to those on the waitlist

Accepted, OOS! I'm so happy right now, this is my first acceptance!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted, OOS. How do they determine scholarship information? Does that notification come along with the acceptance email? First acceptance so excited. Is there a facebook group or something that will help with finding housing?

Congratulations! See you soon

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys the pre-matriculation portal is up!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys the pre-matriculation portal is up!
Did you get an email with instructions about the portal? I haven't received anything about it and it won't let me log-in to the empower site anymore.

Did you get an email with instructions about the portal? I haven't received anything about it and it won't let me log-in to the empower site anymore.
Yeah you should have received the email on Friday. Try checking your spam folder.
They generated a username for me which was the first letter of my first name, followed by my middle initial and the first 4 letters of my last name.
Ex: John Doe Smith would be jdsmit
The password was the same the birth year followed by month and day.
You can access the portal through the main Wmed website.

Yeah you should have received the email on Friday. Try checking your spam folder.
They generated a username for me which was the first letter of my first name, followed by my middle initial and the first 4 letters of my last name.
Ex: John Doe Smith would be jdsmit
The password was the same the birth year followed by month and day.
You can access the portal through the main Wmed website.
It was in the spam folder! So weird since none of their other stuff has gone there. Thank you!

Just accepted to the Bridge to MD program!

Just accepted to the Bridge to MD program!

I got accepted to the bridge program about a week and half ago. For the past two years there have been only two students in the bridge program. You and I may be it. It’d be interesting to see.

Yes, I’m interested to see how it pans out. I know their goal is to have 5-8 students in the program this year

Hello, does anyone here still have the secondary essays and mind posting them :)

Just got the call from WMed. OOS and first acceptance. Beyond excited to join everyone at Kalamazoo!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Will be giving up my spot as soon as I figure out how! Very happy this seat can go to someone who will really appreciate and fit in at WMed!

Will be giving up my spot as soon as I figure out how! Very happy this seat can go to someone who will really appreciate and fit in at WMed!

Sorry to lose you. Good luck to you wherever you are headed!

Hi all! Just wanted to touch base as we're in the final stretch before we start seeing some of you next month (and we're on break after a VERY tough Neuro block lol). :D The excitement is building and hopefully you're excited too! For anyone accepted that is going to a different school, I hope you have a great time and your spot will definitely go to someone amazing! Something also kinda fun to note, since the class size is only 84 people (+ BRIDGE students) it still tends to be a very close knit group, so we're all wondering what sorta personality your class will have b/c CO2021 & CO2020 are definitely different in their own great ways. As far as updates for waitlist movement, it's hard to say how much more movement there will be but rest assured that anything is possible (as you've seen these last few days) and there have been stories of applicants being accepted up to the week or two before class starts, so fingers crossed!

Also, we're starting up a very unique program between students that will hopefully help make your transition to med school (and dealing w/ the stressors) that much easier, so you'll likely be seeing lots of me and a few others during your first few weeks. Details will be given once the class has arrived, but just wanted to give a sneak peek! :)

Best wishes!

-Danny

Hi all! Just wanted to touch base as we're in the final stretch before we start seeing some of you next month (and we're on break after a VERY tough Neuro block lol). :D The excitement is building and hopefully you're excited too! For anyone accepted that is going to a different school, I hope you have a great time and your spot will definitely go to someone amazing! Something also kinda fun to note, since the class size is only 84 people (+ BRIDGE students) it still tends to be a very close knit group, so we're all wondering what sorta personality your class will have b/c CO2021 & CO2020 are definitely different in their own great ways. As far as updates for waitlist movement, it's hard to say how much more movement there will be but rest assured that anything is possible (as you've seen these last few days) and there have been stories of applicants being accepted up to the week or two before class starts, so fingers crossed!

Also, we're starting up a very unique program between students that will hopefully help make your transition to med school (and dealing w/ the stressors) that much easier, so you'll likely be seeing lots of me and a few others during your first few weeks. Details will be given once the class has arrived, but just wanted to give a sneak peek! :)

Best wishes!

-Danny

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm definitely really excited/terrified at this point, haha.

Just got the acceptance call yesterday! This is all so last minute, I managed to be happy for a few hours before entering stress mode!

Would any accepted students let me know when I would receive more information, if there is an orientation etc.? All I know right now is that first day of class is July 30.

For those who are still waiting, obviously there is still movement going on, and I hope you all get in somewhere!

Just got the acceptance call yesterday! This is all so last minute, I managed to be happy for a few hours before entering stress mode!

Would any accepted students let me know when I would receive more information, if there is an orientation etc.? All I know right now is that first day of class is July 30.

For those who are still waiting, obviously there is still movement going on, and I hope you all get in somewhere!

Never mind, just got access to the portal & everything :)

I interviewed 3/2!

That's great. We had a UCLA person at my table (interview in January), so I thought that you might have been them...although obviously you are not (but I'm sure you are even more awesome!!)

Did anyone in the bridge program get portal access yet? Seems like things should start moving along since we are down to the final six weeks

So if I'm still technically waitlisted, and haven't been offered a BRIDGE spot, that mean's I'm probably out of the running, right?

So if I'm still technically waitlisted, and haven't been offered a BRIDGE spot, that mean's I'm probably out of the running, right?
Not necessarily the admissions office told me they have accepted people off the waitlist up to the first week of class