2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! That's super exciting. How were you notified??

I got an e-mail with dates to choose from!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And I'm still waiting on a secondary :( has anyone tried calling admissions today or Friday?

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
I was curious too so checked post history.
3.48 GPA
3.25 sGPA
499 MCAT with low CARS

Sorry to creep e-doc...

Reactions: 1 users
And I'm still waiting on a secondary :( has anyone tried calling admissions today or Friday?

See:

I reached out, they got back to me saying that they are sending out another batch in a few days. So lets all just wait haha

Sounds like that was sent on Friday, so I think it would be reasonable to wait through most or all of this week. That is my plan, anyway.

I was curious too so checked post history.
3.48 GPA
3.25 sGPA
499 MCAT with low CARS

Sorry to creep e-doc...

hahaha it's all good you are correct!

When you click on "Check Application Status" do you also only see something about Directions/Hotels, etc. on the page that comes up? Because that's the only thing I see=( But I did contact the Admissions Office and they did receive my secondary.
thats exactly what shows up, haha just wanted to be sure.

Does anyone's portal say that they received letters of Rec? I submitted mine with aacomas so I don't know what's going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone's portal say that they received letters of Rec? I submitted mine with aacomas so I don't know what's going on

According to my checklist page there's a comment in that table on the bottom, which says 'all received'

Mine does not say anything about letters. If you submitted with AACOMAS they should have them!

Do we need to submit anything else other than the disciplinary form and the supplemental application prior to them reviewing our apps? I submitted on August 3rd so I'm wondering how they are reviewing all the apps then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to submit anything else other than the disciplinary form and the supplemental application prior to them reviewing our apps? I submitted on August 3rd so I'm wondering how they are reviewing all the apps then.

All I did was submit the secondary application! & My disciplinary form said received.

When you click on "Check Application Status" do you also only see something about Directions/Hotels, etc. on the page that comes up? Because that's the only thing I see=( But I did contact the Admissions Office and they did receive my secondary.
Same that is the only the only thing I see under mine as well.!

Secondary Submitted. I pray that my letters come in soon. ! Good luck everyone

Mine does not say anything about letters. If you submitted with AACOMAS they should have them!
Hi, congrats on the II !
Did they invite you to Pay for the secondary fee, then granted you an interview afterwards? or could you please elaborate on how that worked out and possible turn around?

Hi, congrats on the II !
Did they invite you to Pay for the secondary fee, then granted you an interview afterwards? or could you please elaborate on how that worked out and possible turn around?

Thank you! I was given 3 options of dates to pick from and had to respond with my preferred date. After the date was confirmed by the admissions staff then I received another email with the link to pay and list of forms to fill out.

Idk how it will work this year, but last year when the letters of Rec got uploaded to the portal it meant you would be contacted soon after regarding interview dates.

Received an II email this morning!!! Ahhh first one of the cycle. PM me if you want a general range of what my stats are in

Reactions: 7 users
Received an II email this morning!!! Ahhh first one of the cycle. PM me if you want a general range of what my stats are in

Congrats! What a fast turnaround!

1trld1.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Thank you! I was given 3 options of dates to pick from and had to respond with my preferred date. After the date was confirmed by the admissions staff then I received another email with the link to pay and list of forms to fill out.
oh okay, i see. You get the II first, pick the date, then proceed to pay.

Any news on if they are ever going to send out secondaries to everyone else? This is getting very annoying and making me dislike the school

Everybody needs to relax. You're all pre-med people and you all should understand by now that this is a very long and very arduous process. Take a seat, a couple deep breaths, and let the admissions office do their thing.

Reactions: 4 users
Everybody needs to relax. You're all pre-med people and you all should understand by now that this is a very long and very arduous process. Take a seat, a couple deep breaths, and let the admissions office do their thing.

I'll heed your advice, forget about it in about a week, and repeat the neuroticism cycle all over again until the next person tells me to calm down

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Any news on if they are ever going to send out secondaries to everyone else? This is getting very annoying and making me dislike the school

Relax lol if you think this all moves quickly and at once you're in for quite the experience

Submitted my secondary this morning at around 6am. Committee letters and DO letters are ready, just got the email about my prereqs today at 5pm. Since I have an upcoming MCAT most schools have been calling me asking if I wanted to have my application put on hold until that score is out, so I am guessing WVSOM will do the same some time soon.

Anyone know what WVSOM's policy on AP credit for prereqs is? I just got the prereq email and my physics was marked as a "No" while chemistry was "Yes", even though I had AP credit for both. I didn't see anything noted on the prereq page on the website so I'm a bit confused.

Last edited:
Submitted my secondary this morning at around 6am. Committee letters and DO letters are ready, just got the email about my prereqs today at 5pm. Since I have an upcoming MCAT most schools have been calling me asking if I wanted to have my application put on hold until that score is out, so I am guessing WVSOM will do the same some time soon.
Yeah my score is coming out soon but I already have a score on file so they just told me that they will continue reviewing my app and potentially give me a II depending on what they think about me during the review process.

Yeah my score is coming out soon but I already have a score on file so they just told me that they will continue reviewing my app and potentially give me a II depending on what they think about me during the review process.
okay thanks, same I already have a score on file as well. I hope they interview me before that haha

Did anyone submit all their applications around august 3rd and are still waiting for a II decision?

Still no secondary :( I was verified 7/17, and this is one of my top choice schools.

What did the email say?
And what can you do about it? Are you currently enrolled in a postbac?
It said that the admissions committee had deferred to make a decision on my application and would review it later in the cycle. I am currently not in a formal post-bacc, however I am taking community college courses in fall and spring to bump it over if need be. I have one II thus far for the cycle, but will continue to plan on taking the courses unless I get an acceptance.

It said that the admissions committee had deferred to make a decision on my application and would review it later in the cycle. I am currently not in a formal post-bacc, however I am taking community college courses in fall and spring to bump it over if need be. I have one II thus far for the cycle, but will continue to plan on taking the courses unless I get an acceptance.
ok great plan & congrats on your II!! which school is it for?
i just got my committee letter done like two days ago, so i will start seeing some action sometime soon. *fingers and toes crossed*

Just got an II! OOS. Submitted my secondary on 08/07, I'm shocked at how fast they reviewed my whole application!

Reactions: 3 users