2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard any updates regarding rollover admission or current waitlist status?
They said we would be notified about rollover admission at the end of July or early August.

Members don't see this ad.

Its only guaranteed if you meet the mcat requirement and GPA before entering the program. A lot if people I met said they dont meet the requirements and have decided to go elsewhere because its not guaranteed acceptance as they stated before.
I was accepted to the bridge program as well and I am planning to attend since WVSOM is really an exceptional school. Whether you choose LECOM or WVSOM is solely up to you because at the end of the day you're going to have to commit to one or the other. LECOM is also not a guaranteed acceptance if you do not meet their GPA or MCAT requirements. You're going to have to work hard for either program. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Its only guaranteed if you meet the mcat requirement and GPA before entering the program. A lot if people I met said they dont meet the requirements and have decided to go elsewhere because its not guaranteed acceptance as they stated before.

IF you apply to the masters program with an undergrad cGPA/sGPA of 3.2/3.0 or above and maintain a 3.4 or greater GPA throughout the program combined with an MCAT of 498 and up, you are guaranteed acceptance into the DO program. Look at their website and read the requirements carefully next time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't heard that the alternate list is closed/final - has anyone else heard? No email has been sent out. What are the chances someone gets in today, tomorrow, or even Monday or Tuesday?

IF you apply to the masters program with an undergrad cGPA/sGPA of 3.2/3.0 or above and maintain a 3.4 or greater GPA throughout the program combined with an MCAT of 498 and up, you are guaranteed acceptance into the DO program. Look at their website and read the requirements carefully next time.
I know a lot of information from talking with the director of the program at wlu and wvsom admissions. I know what I'm talking about. Thank you!

There is a lot of confusion around the West Liberty Program. WVSOM states online that it is only guaranteed if the mcat score was accomplished before June; however, they do monitor students during the program. I completed a phone interview for the program with WVSOM, and they told me during the phone interview that it is not guaranteed.

Reactions: 1 users
There is a lot of confusion around the West Liberty Program. WVSOM states online that it is only guaranteed if the mcat score was accomplished before June; however, they do monitor students during the program. I completed a phone interview for the prolqgram with WVSOM, and they told me during the phone interview that it is not guaranteed.

There is a lot of confusion around the West Liberty Program. WVSOM states online that it is only guaranteed if the mcat score was accomplished before June; however, they do monitor students during the program. I completed a phone interview for the program with WVSOM, and they told me during the phone interview that it is not guaranteed.

Exactly! That's what I was told. We're the first class so I know some things need to be ironed out. Just do our best surpass the GPA and mcat requirements and I think we'll be good!

Reactions: 1 user
Friend of mine has a 3.72 cGPA, 3.71 sGPA and 498 mcat and comes from a rural area, think she has a chance at this school? I ask because her mcat is just below their average and I know they are big on 3.4+ sGPA and rural medicine, both of which she has.

Are there any current WVSOM students on here who would be able to message me on here or via email? I was recently accepted and have a few questions in regards to the program. Mainly because my wife is in her IM residency right now so I am trying to figure out some logistics. Thanks in advance!

Friend of mine has a 3.72 cGPA, 3.71 sGPA and 498 mcat and comes from a rural area, think she has a chance at this school? I ask because her mcat is just below their average and I know they are big on 3.4+ sGPA and rural medicine, both of which she has.

She has a good chance

Are there any current WVSOM students on here who would be able to message me on here or via email? I was recently accepted and have a few questions in regards to the program. Mainly because my wife is in her IM residency right now so I am trying to figure out some logistics. Thanks in advance!

You can message me if you'd like, current second year.

Has anyone who didn't meet the mcat requirement get in after doing the bridge program if so, did you retake the mcat and what did you get afterwards ?