2017-2018 University of Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been rejected yet? Or does the alternate list include silent rejections...

I haven't seen any rejections and I am definitely expecting to be one of the first rejected. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone here interviewing at UVA on December 4th?

How far out are II’s now? January? Mid Jan? Wonder how many II’s are left at this point.:bigtears: 4 months of silence now..

Members don't see this ad :)
Any one know if they offer any out of state scholarships here? Interviewing in a couple weeks and was just curious because it would be really hard to come here if not.

JUST GOT AN II AND FREAKING OUT, had to leave work and go outside and do a happy dance. Available options were late December and early January.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Any one know if they offer any out of state scholarships here? Interviewing in a couple weeks and was just curious because it would be really hard to come here if not.

They have a fairly generous aid package if you qualify. I think I got around $18K covered each year. Still expensive, but lessens the gap between the in-state and out of state people.

Just got rejected pre-II. On to the next...

Just got rejected pre-II. On to the next...
Damn sorry to hear that. Mind me asking your complete date and IS/OOS? I’ve been silent for 4 months and I sent in an update about a month ago so unsure of what to think

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted a couple of hours ago by email!!! Really shocked and excited, this school quickly became my top choice after the interview, good luck to everyone applying!

is UVA receptive to updates? i don't see a place for them on the portal

Damn sorry to hear that. Mind me asking your complete date and IS/OOS? I’ve been silent for 4 months and I sent in an update about a month ago so unsure of what to think
I was complete 9/6 and I was OOS. Good luck!

is UVA receptive to updates? i don't see a place for them on the portal
I contacted admissions to ask where to submit mine. They responded that you should submit the update to the admissions email and make sure to include your AMCAS ID.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody else on the alternate list? does anybody know how likely it is to get off of it?

anybody else on the alternate list? does anybody know how likely it is to get off of it?
I think i heard or read that typically about 200 are placed on the wait list, 100 remain on there come April, and they accept 20 or so. I could be mistaken though

Long time lurker of this thread - didn't apply this cycle but am strongly considering applying next cycle (if I'm not admitted anywhere this year). I've really liked this school multiple times that I visited my sister over at UVA but felt that my stats would be too low for such a great school. I've looked through the pages and most of the people who've gotten II's/accepted have LM>>70 (yes SDN bias but MSAR's median GPA and MCAT are equally high)

Anyone have any input on how favorable I would be looked at by the Admissions here? What kind of student do they look for? I'm c3.7/s3.5/511 with 3 years of research (1 completed project and poster), 4 years of consistent non clinical and clinical volunteering, and my "diversity" would be my interests in medical genetics and experience in cancer research. Also I'm IS, sort of non traditional (completing a 2 year MS) and ORM.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Reactions: 1 users
Long time lurker of this thread - didn't apply this cycle but am strongly considering applying next cycle (if I'm not admitted anywhere this year). I've really liked this school multiple times that I visited my sister over at UVA but felt that my stats would be too low for such a great school. I've looked through the pages and most of the people who've gotten II's/accepted have LM>>70 (yes SDN bias but MSAR's median GPA and MCAT are equally high)

Anyone have any input on how favorable I would be looked at by the Admissions here? What kind of student do they look for? I'm c3.7/s3.5/511 with 3 years of research (1 completed project and poster), 4 years of consistent non clinical and clinical volunteering, and my "diversity" would be my interests in medical genetics and experience in cancer research. Also I'm IS, sort of non traditional (completing a 2 year MS) and ORM.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Gabrielle Marzani is receptive to discussing this w you between cycles. She called me to consult... Try to attend their "Day at the medical school" It was fabulous and presented good opportunities for connection.

Honestly, I feel like they only accept people w really high MCATs. Their ave is like 518 or something. Good luck! I hope it doesn't come to that and that you get in this cycle!!

Gabrielle Marzani is receptive to discussing this w you between cycles. She called me to consult... Try to attend their "Day at the medical school" It was fabulous and presented good opportunities for connection.

Honestly, I feel like they only accept people w really high MCATs. Their ave is like 518 or something. Good luck! I hope it doesn't come to that and that you get in this cycle!!

Thank you for the reply! I probably won't be retaking my mcat since the 511 was my second shot at it, so i'm stuck with it. But I'll definitely contact Gabrielle!

II! IS, 3.96/515, complete 9/4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has been posted before but when does UVA generally stop offering II/interview dates?

II this morning! OOS, LM 80, complete since July. Multiple dates in late January still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today by email! This is my top choice, so I was absolutely over the moon! (In state and UVA undergrad)

Reactions: 3 users
I apologize if this has been answered already:
Does UVA accept updates? If so, is it through email only?

I apologize if this has been answered already:
Does UVA accept updates? If so, is it through email only?

Yes, UVA accepts updates. I was told to submit my update through the regular admissions email.

Also, accepted last Friday! UVA is my top choice (in-state and went to UVA for undergrad).

Interviewing at UVA in a couple weeks. I’m a bit concerned about being so late in cycle but I guess I can at least hope for a spot on the wait list ...

Interviewing at UVA in a couple weeks. I’m a bit concerned about being so late in cycle but I guess I can at least hope for a spot on the wait list ...
Don't go in with that attitude! They don't offer you an II if they wouldn't seriously consider accepting you. Crush that interview and get it girl.

I know two people from two different cycles who interviewed in January and got accepted the following week

Hey all, I have an interview this week that I’m very excited for. I’m hoping somebody can give some insight/advice about the interviews and what questions you were asked!

Anyone that can respond or PM me I would appreciate it, thanks

Hey all, I have an interview this week that I’m very excited for. I’m hoping somebody can give some insight/advice about the interviews and what questions you were asked!

Anyone that can respond or PM me I would appreciate it, thanks

I would also appreciate interview advice!

Just got a II! OOS, 77LM. I'm hankering for interview advice as well.

Reactions: 5 users
OOS II early this AM as well! :)
For those who've interviewed, what is the best airport to fly in/out of?

Just got a II! OOS, 77LM. I'm hankering for interview advice as well.
Same!
Interview dates are into early February now for those who are curious. I'm surprised at how silent this particular thread is :oops:

Did they start rejecting people? It’s been silent for me so far.

I would also appreciate interview advice!

Hey, as far as the interview day goes, this one was very relaxed. I liked that it didn't start super early. You start with an overview of the curriculum and the school and then two student will take you to lunch (which is AMAZING) and you can ask them anything. Then you go on a tour of the campus and facilities (wear shoes you don't mind walking on cobblestones with). After that you have 2, 30-minute interviews, one of which may be with a 4th year student. The interview itself if very laid back, no challenging questions or ethics stuff. They asked me about my extracurriculars and what specialties I was interested in. Try to have one or two questions for them. You should have some time in between interviews to relax and reset and the other applicants were nice. Hope this helps!! I got my acceptance the Friday of that same week.

Did anyone else here go to the separate SNMA dinner for urm?

Loved UVA, but I am planning to withdraw post-acceptance. Best of luck all!