2017-2018 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any consensus on the MSTP personal comments and statement of purpose prompts?
Personally I am not copy-pasting my AMCAS essays. For the personal comments I'm doing something along the lines of the UCSD biography minus the more science-y stuff (so like a longer diversity/life-story essay). And for the statement of purpose I say why I want to do MD-PhD/how I envision the science I like integrating into my career (taken from other secondaries but not from AMCAS essay). Not sure if that's what they're looking for but hey, vague prompt --> many answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Late in the game because all my secondaries came in around the same time and working two jobs fml.

Verified Primary: 8/4
Secondary Received: 8/11
Submitted: 8/28

Finally got the MSTP secondary. Was losing hope because I was verified early June, and got skipped over for the last MSTP secondary wave..

Reactions: 1 user
Finally got the MSTP secondary. Was losing hope because I was verified early June, and got skipped over for the last MSTP secondary wave..
Same here! I had already lost hope of getting one from here haha

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the MSTP secondary today, primary was in 6/3. Whew!

I swear though, this secondary is going to take more writing than all the other ones combined.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys I'm prewriting this one. Can someone confirm this one below

8. Section to enter major work experiences, with 4000 char. to explain each experience.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, it just seems really long compared to the others (500-800 char each), and this one is 4000 characters PER experience?

Hey guys I'm prewriting this one. Can someone confirm this one below

8. Section to enter major work experiences, with 4000 char. to explain each experience.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, it just seems really long compared to the others (500-800 char each), and this one is 4000 characters PER experience?
It is per experience! Likely than not you wont use it up! I barely used like 800 characters per exp because I don't think adcom will like dragged on and unnecessary details

It is per experience! Likely than not you wont use it up! I barely used like 800 characters per exp because I don't think adcom will like dragged on and unnecessary details

Thanks Drekan!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my alma mater...why didn't I get a secondary :( ?

Finally got the secondary. Primary verified early July.

Secondary! Primary submitted early August.

Woo hoo third time is the charm! Just Received secondary!

Secondary received!

Also, @DBC03, I assigned my letters to them before the secondary. Hopefully the consequences aren't too terrible

Secondary finally received! For a second I thought it might have been an interview somewhere, but this is almost just as good!

Of the total number of applicants to DGSOM, what is the % of those getting secondaries?

so stoked! I just got a secondary from them 15 minutes ago!!!
OOS :)

Finally got a secondary. Now to get rejected!

Secondary received (verified 7/31)! Kind of bittersweet because I don't want to work on these essays LMAO.

Anyone know if they actually look at your application before sending secondaries or is it just a screen based on stats? It took a long ass time from being verified and receiving secondary so i was just curious

Just got a secondary! How tough is the screening process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Secondary received (verified 7/31)! Kind of bittersweet because I don't want to work on these essays LMAO.
Maybe I am just being dumb but the secondaries don't look that bad because their character count is low! :)

I thought I was special for a nice 10 minutes... lol

Reactions: 4 users
Secondary received!!! I thought I stood no chance at the cali schools especially as OOS, but I've gone 3/3 for secondaries (UCSD, UCSF, UCLA)!!! Incredibly excited and humbled right now.

i finally got UCLA’s secondary today (verified 7/29)!
i still have a handful of apps to finish before i can get to this one, but would it really hurt my chances if i submit UCLA’s later than Labor Day?

Me earlier this week: "I'm complete!" UCLA today: haha, here's another secondary... I'll take it - I would love to go to school here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just got a secondary too, OOS, primary submitted June 10th, verified early July. I sent my letters with my primary, and I never got a confirmation email from them about receiving my primary. I called a week and a half ago and the said that they did not send most of the confirmation emails this year. For those still waiting, you still have a shot. Try to relax, what will be will be, focus on doing something awesome right now that makes you happy and that you can talk about in your secondary/ interview:)

Just got secondary!
International (non-US).

Is it worth filling out the secondary? LizzyM: 67, lower MCAT but impressive ECs.
Just graduated UG