2017-2018 University of California - Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There seems to be a lot of discrepancy in "theories" of who actually gets a secondary, so I'll share my 2 cents and hopefully some of you can add. My MCAT score just came in this week and it seems like I got an "automatic" secondary because the email came the same time as the "application received" email. Stat wise, I'm on the low end with LizzyM 63. uGPA 3.7; gradGPA 3.9; mCAT 503. SoCal. EC's: Pending master's thesis in bio + TA; 3 years hospital volunteer + leadership; 3 years scribe experience. Pretty standard premed EC's. I was trying to figure out if I should do a secondary for this school after hearing how much they favor NorCal. Went searching on reddit/sdn and could not find a straight answer of how they screen 2°. Based on UCD website, seems like they initially screen based on EC's. Can anyone add to this?

last cycle I was rejected almost instantly (like 1 day later) after submitting my primary applications there. this year there is no word so far (complete late july), I'm assuming no secondary is better than an instant rejection? xD

Members don't see this ad.

last cycle I was rejected almost instantly (like 1 day later) after submitting my primary applications there. this year there is no word so far (complete late july), I'm assuming no secondary is better than an instant rejection? xD
What are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
LizzyM score is 73, so not bad stats, maybe not enough service?
Hmm this makes me curious.. I'm heavy on volunteer in underserved areas and its my future passion but my stats aren't very strong. However, I did get a secondary... So Idk...

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone here take the clinic tour while interviewing? Do you all remember what time that started and ended? Asking for a friend. I sadly could not fit in an extra day to do this :/

II invite just now! Complete 08/07, IS, non-trad, URM, LM 64. Omg no dates until early January though.

Elated! UCD is my top choice! :love::love::love:

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else from CA still praying for a secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
II invite just now! Complete 08/07, IS, non-trad, URM, LM 64. Omg no dates until early January though.

Elated! UCD is my top choice! :love::love::love:

Awesome, I really hope to join you with an interview as Davis is my top choice as well

What happens on Monday. First acceptances?
It’s the 16th of October, earliest decision date for those who interviewed! Admission said they will try to get decisions out that day!

I’m not too hopeful myself due to mistakes I made the day of the interview Tho!

It’s the 16th of October, earliest decision date for those who interviewed! Admission said they will try to get decisions out that day!

Hahaha I know I feel the same way. I tried not to think about it too much but as the date approaches it is kind of hard not to

Did they say they’d start letting people know on the 16th? I remember hearing the 15th on my interview day, but I could be wrong.

Did they say they’d start letting people know on the 16th? I remember hearing the 15th on my interview day, but I could be wrong.
I was told the 15th on my interview day as well but I confirmed with the office that it is the 16th!

A little birdy informed me that UCD might be a bit slower to reviewing applications this season. It seems like they don't have enough people volunteering to review applications and are still recruiting. So there is still hope for those who haven't received a secondary app yet!

Reactions: 1 users
A little birdy informed me that UCD might be a bit slower to reviewing applications this season. It seems like they don't have enough people volunteering to review applications and are still recruiting. So there is still hope for those who haven't received a secondary app yet!

Thank you for the update.

Does this apply to giving out interviews too?

Anyone else drowning in anxiety this morning? The silence is killing me :nailbiting:

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else drowning in anxiety this morning? The silence is killing me :nailbiting:

I'm glued to my phone right now... Good luck everybody!!!

My friend just got the call!

Reactions: 1 users
Dean Sousa just called. Accepted!!! This is so surreal...

Reactions: 8 users
Thank you! I interviewed in August, NorCal resident. Wishing everyone else the best of luck!

Davis vs Dartmouth. Dr. Granger has some difficult choices ahead :)

From one NorCal'er to another, congratulations and I wish you the best of luck!

Not to be creepy but what initial do y'alls last names start with lol trying to figure out if it's alphabetical or by interview date...

Its not last name, my friend got his acceptance and my Initial is right next to but before his. He interviewed super early though.

Its not last name, my friend got his acceptance and my Initial is right next to but before his. He interviewed super early though.
it seems like the August interviewees are getting the calls? I interview mid September...I just hope that they will give me any decisions and not silence! Anybody from Socal got accepted?

To further this: I'm a NorCal resident who interviewed in August

Norcal resident interviewed mid-september, no call yet