2017-2018 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was never asked to pee in a cup at my physical. Will this be a problem? It's on the list of things to do in the paperwork.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was never asked to pee in a cup at my physical. Will this be a problem? It's on the list of things to do in the paperwork.
I never did either and as per my previous post, dodmerb just marked me complete. I imagine they may only do that once you matriculate. At least that's how it worked for one of my friends

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
The "qualified" seems promising! i'm thinking that as long as you're looking on the dodmerb (not concorde) site you're done. It's pretty obvious if we tell the doctor something we'll need a waiver for or if we failed ht/wt, so if ya feel good about that congrats!

Accepted Army!!! 2nd Lt. Aaron Rodgers!!

Navy was my 1st choice but i was 50/50 between it and army anyways :) !!

I actually got Navy! There was a mix up where we thought army was my first choice!

Ensign Aaron Rodgers! Am over the moon now haha, USUHS is #1 choice.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm assuming if we interviewed late Sept/early Oct we probably won't hear until next week at the earliest? Does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets? Hopefully we'll know by the end of the month, the wait is excruciating!

Got voicemail when I tried, and unfortunately stuck in a class for the next few hours so can’t call again tonight, but I’ll keep trying until I know for sure! :)

After a few long days of phone tag, I have confirmation: Accepted, Army!!!! 9/14 interviewer.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call. Accepted! Staying in the Army! Interviewed 9/28.

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone have an idea of how long it takes on average to get physical clearance after you submit remedials? Any info would be great!

Anyone have an idea of how long it takes on average to get physical clearance after you submit remedials? Any info would be great!
Should be under 3 weeks. I was remedialed twice through DODMERB when I was first joining 4 years ago. Honestly, don't sweat it too much. Most remedials are clarifying and asking for more information and doesn't lead to you being not medically qualified. Even if the worst case scenario happens, a lot can get passed off through the waiver process; especially since you're joining the medical corps (and can hopefully still PT fine) and not combat arms.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there days where no one gets a phone call? I know there are people who obviously don’t post on SDN when they get a call, but it seems like <10 people have been contacted (and let’s say 3-4x that for people who don’t post).

I don’t mean to sound impatient, I’m not! Phone calls take a while and Dr. Saguil has a million things to do. I’m just interested in the pace that those who get accepted are notified. :oops:

Are there days where no one gets a phone call? I know there are people who obviously don’t post on SDN when they get a call, but it seems like <10 people have been contacted (and let’s say 3-4x that for people who don’t post).

I don’t mean to sound impatient, I’m not! Phone calls take a while and Dr. Saguil has a million things to do. I’m just interested in the pace that those who get accepted are notified. :oops:

This sounds pretty impatient...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds pretty impatient...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well.. given that we were told on interview day that they would likely have decisions made weeks before AAMC would allow them to extend offers.. I would agree that not hearing anything at this point is nerve-racking

Reactions: 1 users
Well.. given that we were told on interview day that they would likely have decisions made weeks before AAMC would allow them to extend offers.. I would agree that not hearing anything at this point is nerve-racking

I agree, at the interview they made it sound like we'd hear back in the first week that acceptances could be released. Based off of last year, it looks like most September interviewees heard back in the first or second week.

For those who were accepted, did you also receive an email?

Should be under 3 weeks. I was remedialed twice through DODMERB when I was first joining 4 years ago. Honestly, don't sweat it too much. Most remedials are clarifying and asking for more information and doesn't lead to you being not medically qualified. Even if the worst case scenario happens, a lot can get passed off through the waiver process; especially since you're joining the medical corps (and can hopefully still PT fine) and not combat arms.
Since I just sent in my remedial also, I looked at my old ROTC application from 2013. I sent in the remedial forms on 24 SEP and received a qualified status on 15 OCT of that year, so you're spot on with the estimate (and that was for a surgery, it might be even less depending on the situation).

I agree, at the interview they made it sound like we'd hear back in the first week that acceptances could be released. Based off of last year, it looks like most September interviewees heard back in the first or second week.

For those who were accepted, did you also receive an email?
No e-mail, just the call. And after talking with the Director of Admissions yesterday, COL Saguil is traveling and is behind on calls. Don't fret.

Reactions: 3 users
A day after the call I received an email from Dr. Saguil. The email said that there should be snail mail as well with an acceptance form that we need to send back in order to hold our place/acceptance in the class of '22

II for the Nov. 16th. But. I had to request another date because of overlap with drill. Just wondering, is Nov. 30th late for interview? Thank you!

ACCEPTED!!!! Air Force ! Got a call from Dr. Saguil. Interview date 9/28.

Reactions: 7 users
II for the Nov. 16th. But. I had to request another date because of overlap with drill. Just wondering, is Nov. 30th late for interview? Thank you!

Would you mind sharing your stats & when file was complete?

Would you mind sharing your stats & when file was complete?
Mine was complete 08/29.
Stats- GPA 4.0, MCAT- pm me, URM, tons of clinical experiences, I was a nurse back home for 5 years, 1 year research experience, 1 publication, tons of volunteer hours, I have been in the army national guard since march, 2013.

II today! Thought I was forgotten about. Complete 8/11.

Reactions: 4 users
Mine was complete 08/29.
Stats- GPA 4.0, MCAT- pm me, URM, tons of clinical experiences, I was a nurse back home for 5 years, 1 year research experience, 1 publication, tons of volunteer hours, I have been in the army national guard since march, 2013.

Thanks! If I were you I would reschedule the drill if possible. The earlier you interview, the earlier you get accepted... but thats just my opinion. I'm also getting a little stir-crazy waiting on an II.

I’m curious - anyone complete in mid-July still hanging with no II? I was complete 7/17, and I haven’t heard anything.

Completed on Aug-21. Still no II. Fourth year applying. Hopefully get an Interview this year.

Does USUHS take updates regarding anything other than new coursework? I have a new publication since application submission.

I’m curious - anyone complete in mid-July still hanging with no II? I was complete 7/17, and I haven’t heard anything.
Same haven't heard back since a complete email way back late July/early August.
My assumption is that we got passed over lol.

Does USUHS take updates regarding anything other than new coursework? I have a new publication since application submission.
Once you get an interview, you have to fill out a form with any grade updates and there is a whole section to write about activity updates.

Hey fam.

For the labcoat form, the sizes at the bottom don't have any descriptions. three rows and 7 columns of measurements, but no descriptions. I assume the 7 columns correspond to XS,S,M,L,XL,2-XL,3-XL. But i dunno what the three rows are. Chest, arms, shoulders?

You can still try to call back and switch to Navy :p they do that sometimes!

Edit: just saw your next post. Good thing they got it figured out! Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
II on Friday for 16 November! It's my first so I'm pretty excited.

Complete 11SEP.

Accepted, Air Force slot. Pretty freaking stoked! :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted, Air Force slot. Pretty freaking stoked! :eek::eek:

Congrats!! Did you get the call today?

Also, has anyone who put US Public Health Service as their first choice been accepted yet?

Has anyone who interviewed on October 5th heard back?

2LT Rodgers

2d Lt is the air force abbreviation.

Congratulations on making the right branch choice (Army MS4 here).

Edit: just saw you actually got Navy. Boo.

Reactions: 2 users
Completed on Aug-21. Still no II. Fourth year applying. Hopefully get an Interview this year.

4th round for me also, and probably my last. Completed sometime in July and nothing since. At this point I'm probably going to War College (or other SSC equivalent) before Med School. :laugh:

Does anyone know how many applicants they interview each cycle?

Did anyone else receive an email from Dr. Singer about the PHS selection? I still haven't heard from Dr. Saguil yet but would they make me go through the PHS application process if I wasn't accepted to USUHS?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
When was your interview date? Congrats!!!
Thank you!! I interviewed on 9/28. When Dr. Saguil called he said that the board had met this morning which makes me think that they just made my decision today. Believe me, I know the waiting is excruciating, but hang in there and good luck to everyone!