2017-2018 Oakland University (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not quite - 100 of the 500 interview slots are filled for now - it's not that only 500 IIs will be sent. The number of IIs will end up being greater than 500. Particularly after schools start notifying people of acceptances in October, some of those applicants will drop their interviews and a new applicant will be invited to their spot. So the interview tracker is useful, but bear in mind that it's not taking applicant turnover into account.

Oh thank god, I feel better now haha. Thanks!

WOW just saw that!!! suck for us! would love to get an II from this school

Completed on the 18th, nothing yet!!
if it makes you feel any better, i was complete in mid-July and haven't heard a word from this school. I'm also non-trad and OOS.

Got rejected today. 514 MCAT, 3.45 s/cgpa. Sucks for first rejection but it's better than silence. Good luck everyone!

II this morning! Scheduled for 11/10. Complete 7/8. Lizzy M 66-68

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II Yesterday afternoon! Complete 7/9. LizzyM 68. OOS & ORM

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
WOW just saw that!!! suck for us! would love to get an II from this school

Completed on the 18th, nothing yet!!
My app was completed July 31 (letters in, secondary essay was like July 21). They said in the email 6-8 weeks for June/July completes, 8-12 for August completes, so don't worry yet!

My app was completed July 31 (letters in, secondary essay was like July 21). They said in the email 6-8 weeks for June/July completes, 8-12 for August completes, so don't worry yet!

Good to know I'll be waiting 2-3 months! This actually helps decrease my neuroticism a bit. I was an August complete so I'll just try and forget about this one for awhile!

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted 7/5, complete email 7/7. 8 weeks as of Friday. From what I've seen so far, the timelines schools give are not strictly enforced and are more used to stave off applicants calling/emailing to find out when to expect a decision

Hey guys, super long shot here but I'm starting to get desperate. I have a job in China for this upcoming year and I'm trying to leave as soon as possible. My interview date (10/6) got reset due to miscommunication and someone took it, but I need to have that date or an earlier date so I can avoid missing any work in China.

If anyone has an interview on 9/15, 9/29, or 10/6 and would be okay with taking a later interview, please PM me!

Anyone else complete early July & heard nothing? My pre-med neuroticism has been kicking in lately and somehow I worry they lost my application:)

Reactions: 10 users
Oh. My. God. I had a giant letter in the mail from them. I had a feeling it was some kind of ad related thing, but when you have a big packet from a med school you applied to it's hard not to tear it open excitedly. Just a generic applicant guide...oy. I got so excited! If the email timeline is right I still have at least another two weeks left at minimum before I get back any news.

II as well! Oct 27! It was the last day available that month, with dates available in November+

Reactions: 2 users
I guess they have not lost my application after all. II this afternoon! So excited to interview here! Scheduled for 11/16!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS, not an URM, cGPA 3.94 and sGPA 3.86 with a 503 MCAT. I have decent ECs, 3000+ of clinical hours, volunteer experiences, and have recently started shadowing an MD. Would it be worth applying this late? I know some consider it "early" but I'm starting to get desperate to apply to more schools since I am struggling to get the required physician letter for most DO schools.

OOS, not an URM, cGPA 3.94 and sGPA 3.86 with a 503 MCAT. I have decent ECs, 3000+ of clinical hours, volunteer experiences, and have recently started shadowing an MD. Would it be worth applying this late? I know some consider it "early" but I'm starting to get desperate to apply to more schools since I am struggling to get the required physician letter for most DO schools.
Not sure I can answer your question all that well, it is on the later side, but not crazy late. What DO schools are you looking at? I've seen very few that required a DO letter, though pretty much all say "strongly recommended"- yet I've also seen many people get DO II with only MD LORs. I assure you there are a lot of DO schools you can apply to without a DO letter!

Not sure I can answer your question all that well, it is on the later side, but not crazy late. What DO schools are you looking at? I've seen very few that required a DO letter, though pretty much all say "strongly recommended"- yet I've also seen many people get DO II with only MD LORs. I assure you there are a lot of DO schools you can apply to without a DO letter!
so far the only schools that do not require a letter at all that I have applied to are LECOM, PCOM & DMU. I've also applied to RVUCOM, MUCOM, CCOM, NSUCOM, ARCOM, ATSU KCOM and OSUCOM. Pretty sure all require at least some sort of letter, which I don't know how long I should wait to ask the MD I am shadowing for one. I have tried to shy away from schools on the east coast due to the cost of living out there.

so far the only schools that do not require a letter at all that I have applied to are LECOM, PCOM & DMU. I've also applied to RVUCOM, MUCOM, CCOM, NSUCOM, ARCOM, ATSU KCOM and OSUCOM. Pretty sure all require at least some sort of letter, which I don't know how long I should wait to ask the MD I am shadowing for one. I have tried to shy away from schools on the east coast due to the cost of living out there.
I don't want to take over this thread, so feel free to message me, but I recognize from personal experience that at least half of these schools for sure do not *require* a DO letter, and say so on their website. That being said it sounds like you don't even have any physician letter which will be a problem. If this is the case, be sure to get it as soon as possible.

Congrats everybody who got IIs today! :smuggrin:

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like a batch of IIs went out! The tracker now says 132 IIs (was 100 earlier in this thread). Still waiting for them to get to the early August people.

Those who recently received an II, when were you complete? Stats?

I was complete 7/24, still heard nothing.

Reactions: 3 users
I was complete 7/24, still heard nothing.
I was done 7/13, I think the 6-8 week thing was more so we didn't pester their admissions office, instead of an actual deadline they were setting for themselves to respond to us.

I was done 7/13, I think the 6-8 week thing was more so we didn't pester their admissions office, instead of an actual deadline they were setting for themselves to respond to us.
Since we're playing the date game, I was complete 7/5 and I'm drowning in silence

Reactions: 4 users
Hello all. I have 2 secondaries left to complete (well 1, I decided I have no shot at UMD). I was considering adding 1-3 schools in its place. Is it too late to apply here?

OOS, 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 506 MCAT, URM

Hello all. I have 2 secondaries left to complete (well 1, I decided I have no shot at UMD). I was considering adding 1-3 schools in its place. Is it too late to apply here?

Submit ASAP like tomorrow! The live webinar panelists from today stated that they are up 30% on applications received at this time relative to past years, but that you would still be given a full review of your application regardless of when you submit your secondary. To be honest, it is quite late at this point. Nevertheless, I'd say you still have a slim chance at this point despite having slightly below average stats. The cost/benefit of submitting your secondary is up to you. Good luck!

Submit ASAP like tomorrow! The live webinar panelists from today stated that they are up 30% on applications received at this time relative to past years, but that you would still be given a full review of your application regardless of when you submit your secondary. To be honest, it is quite late at this point. Nevertheless, I'd say you still have a slim chance at this point despite having slightly below average stats. The cost/benefit of submitting your secondary is up to you. Good luck!
Interesting. I really wanted to watch that webinar but couldn't. What else did they cover?

Honestly, you can submit up until the deadline at still have a shot at the interview. Obviously, chances are greatly diminished but maybe they have went through 99% of the other applications already and can look yours over ASAP.

Honestly, you can submit up until the deadline at still have a shot at the interview. Obviously, chances are greatly diminished but maybe they have went through 99% of the other applications already and can look yours over ASAP.
exactly, the longer one waits the less interviews slots there are.