2018-2019 Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't have a paper copy with the specific orders, but hopefully this will get you the info you need. Long story short: there are 6 tracks total. The "big 3" of IM, peds, and surgery are always in the same semester, and the shorter blocks are always in the same semester. But the order of the semesters themselves and the order within the semesters varies.
Long blocks: IM (8 wks), surgery (8 wks), and peds (8 wks)
Short blocks: OB (6 wks), FM (6 wks), neuro (4 wks), psych (6 wks), ophtho (1 wk), and Embark (1 wk - basically a free week to work on your research project)

I think it would be reasonable to call the admissions team and ask this if it's something that will affect your decision.
Yeah you pretty much answered it with the "big 3" sentence, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Silly question, but I clicked plan to enroll for another med school since I am waitlisted here and the other is my #2 choice. Even though I sent a letter of intent to OUWB, will this selection affect my chances of getting accepted? I’m on the first tier

Silly question, but I clicked plan to enroll for another med school since I am waitlisted here and the other is my #2 choice. Even though I sent a letter of intent to OUWB, will this selection affect my chances of getting accepted? I’m on the first tier

They aren’t able to see who planned to enroll and where they chose

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
just withdrew my acceptance! best of luck everyone! hope you hear good news soon

Reactions: 2 users

July 15 is when pre-matriculation documents and things are due. You have to make a decision and let them know by April 30th and submit a $100 on this day otherwise they assume you are no longer attending and your spot is revoked. I believe the deposit is non-refundable after April 30th.

Reactions: 1 users
In terms of the Plan to Enroll and Commit to Enroll, if you are waitlisted at multiple schools without an acceptance as of right now then you do not need to use either?

In terms of the Plan to Enroll and Commit to Enroll, if you are waitlisted at multiple schools without an acceptance as of right now then you do not need to use either?
My understanding is that those actions are only required for applicants who are accepted by April 30th.. I'm in the same boat as you though, hang in there!

Was placed in 1st tier a couple of weeks ago. Is there a lot of movement? Really hoping I can get my first A here!

Still no updates about scholarships? Ahhh April 30th is quickly approaching

Members don't see this ad :)
if it's detrimental to your decision Id call them and ask if i were you

Someone from accepted students day said they won’t be able to say if the scholarship committee is will hand out more money before April 30th. The students in the audience made it clear that it would affect their decision and they said its basically out of their hands and up to the committee. But i don’t know how one would contact the committee as we didn’t get any info about who’s on it

Reactions: 3 users
I know someone who heard back scholarship stuff last week. I also know someone with a scholarship who just withdrew so there def should be some upcoming movement. I would contact Dean Kallenberger regarding scholarships since he is also assistant dean for financial services.

I know someone who heard back scholarship stuff last week. I also know someone with a scholarship who just withdrew so there def should be some upcoming movement. I would contact Dean Kallenberger regarding scholarships since he is also assistant dean for financial services.

Ah!!! That’s amazing! I am guessing they don’t think I have enough need (I do tho sigh) or I didn’t make the cut for merit worthy scholarship recipient. Super grateful for just an acceptance but the cost at places are blowing me out of the water. Would prob make sense to just go with where I got
Money.

That newsletter from OU though...gave me a mini heart attack

It was all good until they said “within the next few weeks we will send a survey”..nah fam my other school starts in a monthh

Anyone know, historically, when they usually send that survey?

On May 7 last year

Officially withdrew. Not sure if they redistribute scholarship offers but hope someone who is anxiously waiting gets some major $$$ love!

Anyone has a document that shows how the curriculum is structured here? cant seem to find it anywhere and forgot from my interview day

Ah!!! That’s amazing! I am guessing they don’t think I have enough need (I do tho sigh) or I didn’t make the cut for merit worthy scholarship recipient. Super grateful for just an acceptance but the cost at places are blowing me out of the water. Would prob make sense to just go with where I got
Money.

Did you get scholarship offers elsewhere?

Officially withdrew. Not sure if they redistribute scholarship offers but hope someone who is anxiously waiting gets some major $$$ love!

Would you mind sharing your reasons for the withdrawal by any chance, especially since you also got $$$ here? I'm happy to PM you if that is better!

Would you mind sharing your reasons for the withdrawal by any chance, especially since you also got $$$ here? I'm happy to PM you if that is better!
Would also like to hear about the reason if it's possible and not too personal!

can someone elaborate on the April 30th deadline? My understanding is that it is not strict and you dont have to narrow it down to one acceptance if you are still undecided. The only thing is that you lose any deposit you might have paid, you see the commit to enroll option on your AMCAS, and school can see if you decided to plan to enroll to them or to other school.

can someone elaborate or comment on this?

can someone elaborate on the April 30th deadline? My understanding is that it is not strict and you dont have to narrow it down to one acceptance if you are still undecided. The only thing is that you lose any deposit you might have paid, you see the commit to enroll option on your AMCAS, and school can see if you decided to plan to enroll to them or to other school.

can someone elaborate or comment on this?

I believe that if you do not submit a deposit to a school by April 30th, they will assume you are withdrawing your spot. After April 30th the deposit is no longer refundable. The part I’m confused about is whether u can hold more than one spot? I guess technically you can? I assumed we had to narrow it down to one place by 5 pm tomorrow. I hope the people on waitlist hear good news soon!

Withdrew my spot here, really really loved this school and I have a soft spot since it was my first acceptance but decided to go to an in state school. Hope one of you get my spot!

Reactions: 6 users
and now the anxiety begins where i think i didn't click the "i'm still interested button" even though i quadruple checked it :laugh:

What is the “comments and questions” box for? Did anyone fill that out?

Good luck everyone! There wasn't a single person in my interview group that I wouldn't be ecstatic to have as a classmate - one of the reasons this was my top choice.

Committed to enroll today. So excited to meet everyone in august!

It has been exceptionally quiet here chief. This is unlike you OU.. anyone heard anything? Lol

I’d like to think that they are preparing to reveal to huge load of acceptances..to make myself feel better

only a dozen? are you currently in the group?
Yeah, I'm in the group. Only about 6 members were manually added, plus the admin. Seems like admitted students join, M2/3/4/admins are added. So about 120 members are new admitted students unless that's not accurate. I don't know how often this facebook group is updated.

And what is the class size they are going for? Around 150?