2018-2019 Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call from Dean Kallenberger! Interviewed 2/14, waitlisted (first tier) 3/6!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
If it dropped by 37 in the facebook group and there is 120 who joined like they said, then how does that equal out to be 125?

Ikr. I think they initially accepted over 125. If that’s not the case, then there def must be less than 120 of new students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ikr. I think they initially accepted over 125. If that’s not the case, then there def must be less than 120 of new students.
That's disheartening because I thought they pulled around 40 from the waitlist in previous years. I guess all is speculation though.

That's disheartening because I thought they pulled around 40 from the waitlist in previous years. I guess all is speculation though.

I think that is true. According to many sources, waitlist moves a lot here historically. May be this year is a turning point..

This is also using facebook numbers. Admitted students request to be added and, afaik, manually leave the group as well.

Reactions: 1 user
This is also using facebook numbers. Admitted students request to be added and, afaik, manually leave the group as well.

I also checked the list in the group and there are some current OUWB student that weren’t added by someone else. It just says when they joined like the rest of the other accepted students. I think the previous estimates were a bit off.

Members don't see this ad :)
What the silence

There are about 12 people who have joined the facebook page in the last week. But, these could have been people accepted a long time ago that just joined recently, really hard to gauge movement using that page, but hope that helps. There appears to be some movement despite no one posting here.

There are about 12 people who have joined the facebook page in the last week. But, these could have been people accepted a long time ago that just joined recently, really hard to gauge movement using that page, but hope that helps. There appears to be some movement despite no one posting here.

I agree, there’s been some movement! I just checked and the majority of people that were just added are current students— most likely to answer questions and stuff. So this means there’s movement and hopefully some spots left for you guys!!! As it was already said, it’s super hard to say what this all means though.

Don't look into the Facebook numbers too much! A bunch of current students wanted to join as we've finally started thinking about housing for the Fall :)
Majority of the waitlist movement last year happened during Mid-may (I was accepted May 23rd) so just breathe and try to be patient for the next couple weeks! You've got this!!

Reactions: 6 users
May OUWB not forget about me, because I haven't forgotten about you <3 - a love letter

Reactions: 8 users
if someone from accepted applicants can confirm this I'd really appreciate it. so you guys have to select Commit To Enroll by July 15th for ouwb?

if someone from accepted applicants can confirm this I'd really appreciate it. so you guys have to select Commit To Enroll by July 15th for ouwb?
Yes, along with paying $100 deposit and completing pre-matriculation requirements (transcripts, immunizations, FAFSA due June 1, background check, and some online stuff)

Reactions: 1 users
Yes. Accepted applicants had to select Plan to Enroll by April 30 - so no other acceptances except OUWB but can still be on waitlists. July 15 is the commit to enroll date and you must withdraw from all applications, including waitlists by this date. Classes start Aug 5. White coat is Aug 9.

Hey guys I got in off the WL so I wasn't able to make it to Second Look so if you could pass on any resources they provided specifically about housing and insurance that'd be great.

Also if there are any other exciting things about the school that you'd like to pass along I'd appreciate them. My only experience ever in Michigan was my interview so I'm trying to learn as much as possible

Hey guys I got in off the WL so I wasn't able to make it to Second Look so if you could pass on any resources they provided specifically about housing and insurance that'd be great.

Also if there are any other exciting things about the school that you'd like to pass along I'd appreciate them. My only experience ever in Michigan was my interview so I'm trying to learn as much as possible
Congrats! If you join the FB group, one of the admin reps (Trishia) may be able to send you a link from a webinar they did ("Admitted Student Chat") on April 11 and a financial aid services webinar last Thursday. On the FB page there are also posts about people looking for roommates as well as current students offering info regarding bigger moves (e.g. from cali)!

Last edited:

Congrats! When did you hear back?

I'm curious if it's just no one is posting about their WL acceptances or if it's actually dead lol anyone know anything?

Drugs questions on exams are usually pretty reasonable. SketchyPharm is the ****...

Hypothetically, I think we're supposed to be drug tested before clinical years? Most schools give a heads up of at least a couple of months.

Can someone link the thread with all the CTE dates?

Are there any current OUWB students here whom I could PM with a few questions? Thank you!

Last edited:
In the previous waitlist email, it says another survey would be sent out early June, has anyone received one yet?

I just withdrew my acceptance to OUWB after getting off of a waitlist at my in-state school. I also received a partial scholarship so now there's a spot and a bit of money open for someone waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
I just withdrew my acceptance to OUWB after getting off of a waitlist at my in-state school. I also received a partial scholarship so now there's a spot and a bit of money open for someone waiting!
send your offer my way pls

Reactions: 2 users
So only ~3 got off the waitlist here? That’s insane lol

• Sad
All we can do is assume they are waiting to give a fair amount at one time.

I think it makes more sense that admissions would move 1:1 (withdrawal to waitlist acceptance) since it’s so close to July.. right? It doesn’t seem like it would benefit them or applicants to wait to release many waitlist offers at once...

I think it makes more sense that admissions would move 1:1 (withdrawal to waitlist acceptance) since it’s so close to July.. right? It doesn’t seem like it would benefit them or applicants to wait to release many waitlist offers at once...

Agreed. That’d be risky. I’m very curious if there has been movement at all other than what’s been posted