2017-2018 Michigan State University (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
People getting accepted and Im sitting here with early July silence.

you interviewed in July and still havent heard back? they said it takes 30 days to know your status. Id reach out!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm guessing adcom meetings don't go past five, so another day without a call for me! *Patience patience patience patience*

Reactions: 4 users
Well I'm guessing adcom meetings don't go past five, so another day without a call for me! *Patience patience patience patience*
How long do they typically take to reply/let you know of their decision?

Same here. if we dont get accepted tomorrow then we're gonna have to wait through another weekend too. this patience thing isnt working well for me

Reactions: 5 users
I also got my acceptance call and had a 9/8 interview. It is very humbling to be accepted somewhere after striving for many years. I am excited to help many people.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether one has to pay the deposit to make the site reservation?
I will probably give the admissions office a call tomorrow just to make sure.

Reactions: 3 users
Is the interview open or closed file? Does anyone know?

So it's only MMI? Hm. I'm kinda nervous about that. They don't try to get to know you some more through asking personal questions?

MMIs are way better. They get to know your character through various scenarios. That's better than the standard "Why medicine? Why DO? Why our school?" questions you already answered in your primary and secondary apps. Almost would say I had fun at my MMI here last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
I know they said we all won't find out at the same time and it depends on the admissions member who reviews you, but I am starting to get very nervous. Here's hoping the rest of us waiting get a call tomorrow.

i got my acceptance call this morning for 9/8. apparently they met yesterday and made that decision yesterday but waited until today to call me, which means that they may have met for you guys too but they wait to call. also, someone that currently goes to MSUCOM said that they got their acceptance in 18 days. i guess since they do so many September interview dates (3 i believe? and theres AM/PM for every date) then they may be backed up. i'm not gonna say be patient because that would be hypocritical since i couldnt for the life of me, but i guess the best thing you can do is trust in yourself. the reason why we got early interviews is because they liked our app, and chances are you did good on your interview, and they accept 70% of the people that interview so your chances are really really great especially because its still the beginning of the cycle and there are so many seats still available. just try to occupy your time

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
ok guys, i got my acceptance call this morning for 9/8. finally i can be in peace. apparently they met yesterday and made that decision yesterday but waited until today to call me, which means that they may have met for you guys too but they wait to call, which is odd to me. also, someone that currently goes to MSUCOM said that they got their acceptance in 18 days. i guess since they do so many September interview dates (3 i believe? and theres AM/PM for every date) then they may be backed up. i'm not gonna say be patient because that would be hypocritical since i couldnt for the life of me, but i guess the best thing you can do is trust in yourself. the reason why we got early interviews is because they liked our app, and chances are you did good on your interview, and they accept 70% of the people that interview so your chances are really really great especially because its still the beginning of the cycle and there are so many seats still available. just try to occupy your time (even tho i know that the thought still lingers)
Wow thank you I didn't realize how much I needed to read that

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! I can finally breathe! Can anyone give me any info on what they liked/didn't like about the DMC campus?

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!! I can finally breathe! Can anyone give me any info on what they liked/didn't like about the DMC campus?
I'll be at the DMC, toured last week. Feel free to message me if you would like.

Also, congrats to all you newly-accepted! Message me to be added to the Facebook group if you already know you'll be accepting your offer.

Last edited:
any other 9/8 ers waiting for a call? I assume they don't make them on weekends

Does anyone know if older students will sell some of their equipment to incoming first years for a cheaper price? This was mentioned to me at some schools but I can't remember if the students here talked about it or not. Thanks!

Last edited:
For the un-contacted 9/8-ers, were you AM or PM? I was AM.

Accepted just now!!! I am so excited. I'm going to be a doctor!!! Good luck to all those still waiting to hear.

Reactions: 5 users
Im dying waiting to hear....looks like theyre calling people rn...im waiting by my phone.

Slow, controlled, deep breaths. Whatever happens, things have a way of working out.

Hello silence my old friend...

Reactions: 4 users
Still waiting for MSU to holla back. Complete like 7/10 for cryin out loud.
i was complete around 7/15 and silence too. seems to be the storyline thus far for me at most schools :/ does michigan st do silent rejections and/or wait till the end of the interview season to send out pre-II rejections?

Just got accepted today and I am so excited! Does anyone know when the deadline to pay is? Also, how much do we have to pay? Lastly, if I pay now and submit my site preferences, when can I know my placement? Thanks.

Just got accepted today and I am so excited! Does anyone know when the deadline to pay is? Also, how much do we have to pay? Lastly, if I pay now and submit my site preferences, when can I know my placement? Thanks.
December 2nd is the deadline. The deposit is $1000. If you submit and make the payment now you are all but guaranteed your first choice site.

December 2nd is the deadline. The deposit is $1000. If you submit and make the payment now you are all but guaranteed your first choice site.
When exactly one can findout about campus placement?

Tier 1 waitlist. I'll take it.

Thanks! Any idea if ill be notified if im bumped to tier 1?
I'm not sure if they will. I was tier 2 last year (I bet you can guess which numbers I wasn't). After updating with a publication, a good increase in grades, and a couple of doctors worth of shadowing, I stayed in my place.

I'm not sure if they will. I was tier 2 last year (I bet you can guess which numbers I wasn't). After updating with a publication, a good increase in grades, and a couple of doctors worth of shadowing, I stayed in my place.
Okay thanks

Okay thanks
Sorry if that last post came off as discouraging. I didn't mean it to be. I didn't interview that well last year, so I t could have been that I moved from 100 to 40. You have a good chance.

Sorry if that last post came off as discouraging. I didn't mean it to be. I didn't interview that well last year, so I t could have been that I moved from 100 to 40. You have a good chance.
Lol no no worries! I appreciate ur input!

Reactions: 1 user
I got a call around 1110, but I wasn't able to answer it as I was in class. I called back and back and back until I just got off the phone. I got an acceptance. I was crying on the phone because I have had this school as my dream school since I was like 8. I'm in utter shock. Congrats to everyone else!

Reactions: 7 users