2020-2021 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted Canadian off the tier 1 WL! Interviewed early Jan and put on waitlist in feb!! Any accepted Canadians please msg me! :D

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I still haven’t gotten a regular decision from a February interview.....

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Looks like a lot of waitlist movement starting! I still haven’t heard back since my interview whether I’m on the WL, R, or A....nothing. I feel like I’m losing hope

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been on the WL for 2 months now and still nothing 🥲

I'm still in the same boat too. After waiting three months total since our interview now, it's a bit disheartening, to say the least. But, there is still a chance for us hopefully.

Mind if I ask what tier waitlist y'all are on? T3 here and I know the struggle :)

• Care
Accepted off of tier 1! Anyone have information about housing? Where do most students stay?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
That's great! The fact that we're already seeing waitlist movement is a good thing, I'd keep both of your hopes up, especially with the multiple acceptance deadline for MD offers being tomorrow.
Is it not may 15th 😮

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

May I ask the difference between the 3 sites (community, public transportation, school facilities & resources and community programs students can join)?

Thank you!
I would also love more information about this :)

For people who were accepted off the T1 waitlist - HOW do I get myself off the T1 list too?? I posted a letter of intent to my application after receiving my waitlist notification, but the waiting game is torture!
I feel your pain man trust me I do, I've been interviewing and getting thrown on waitlists since September. This is my first acceptance and it'll be your time soon. If you submitted a LOI then all you can do is wait at this point. There is going to be a lot of movement this next month, good luck!!

I feel your pain man trust me I do, I've been interviewing and getting thrown on waitlists since September. This is my first acceptance and it'll be your time soon. If you submitted a LOI then all you can do is wait at this point. There is going to be a lot of movement this next month, good luck!!
Did you send in a LOI?

For people who were accepted off the T1 waitlist - HOW do I get myself off the T1 list too?? I posted a letter of intent to my application after receiving my waitlist notification, but the waiting game is torture!
I plan on submitting my winter 2021 grades as soon as they’re available! (Already sent Fall 2020 and a LOI)

Reactions: 1 users
FINALLY GOT A DECISION! T2 Waitlist just glad I finally got a decision

Last edited:
Just got my decision! T1 WL. Interviewed 3/16. I love MSUCOM but unfortunately will not be accepting my WL position. Best of luck to you all! ❤️

T1 waitlist - interviewed 3/26. Optimistic!!

T1 WL - Interviewed 03/24

Anyone know the rules on holding an acceptance while sitting on a waitlist? I was lucky enough to receive an acceptance to another school in Nov, but MSUCOM is my number one choice. I'm struggling to find an answer on the AACOM for traffic rules.

T2 WL, interviewed 3/22. Got accepted elsewhere will be declining my position!

T1 WL - Interviewed 03/24

Anyone know the rules on holding an acceptance while sitting on a waitlist? I was lucky enough to receive an acceptance to another school in Nov, but MSUCOM is my number one choice. I'm struggling to find an answer on the AACOM for traffic rules.
Email AACOMAS. They’re not the most helpful but they’ll give you an answer as long as you rip it out of them.

T1 waitlist email today! Interviewed 3/15 and OOS from Washington State so very excited!

What’s everyone’s thoughts on T2 movement this cycle?
I feel like there’s a way better chance this year than last year because (hopefully) they had time to prepare for this cycle as opposed to last. Don’t know if they changed how many interviews they conducted Bc of the online format or just changed how they do acceptances in general, but still seems optimistic IMO!

Hi all. This might have already been answered.

Is the acceptance binding after paying the deposit? Still waiting to hear back from other schools and financial aid.

Hi all. This might have already been answered.

Is the acceptance binding after paying the deposit? Still waiting to hear back from other schools and financial aid.
Paying the deposit does not bind you to the class. You can still withdraw but you lose the deposit.

Congratulations on getting accepted!!! Thanks for the encouragement. This is my fifth waitlist but MSUCOM is definitely my first choice. Fingers crossed!
Thank you so much!! Yea man I know that feeling and it sucks, but hopefully you'll get off this WL in the next few weeks! good luck :)

I have a question: do you guys think the adcom does acceptance phone calls on weekends?

I have a question: do you guys think the adcom does acceptance phone calls on weekends?
Some schools do, but idk about MSUCOM. I’ve been waitlisted T1 since March, interviewed 2/8, still no word, OOS.

Some schools do, but idk about MSUCOM. I’ve been waitlisted T1 since March, interviewed 2/8, still no word, OOS.
Yeah I'm also T1(interview on 2/10) and anxious especially since some T1s got acceptance calls yesterday. I've been refreshing this page almost nonstop since last week.

Doubt it. They never have and nothing leads me to believe that this weekend would be any different.

Does anyone know how many people are usually on the 1st tier waitlist and how many end up getting accepted?

I completed all my prereqs a while back so will MSU ask for an updated transcript? I am already admitted.

Got my decision yesterday, Tier 1 WL. Interviewed 3/30.

Sounds like there's starting to be some waitlist movement. Keep your chin up, everyone! And if you're planning on withdrawing your acceptance, please be a real one and do it now to give others the opportunity!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if there’s a choose your medical school tool for DO school like there is for MD schools?

Anyone know how much OOS tuition would be? I only found tuition for 2019-2020 on the MSUCOM website, but I thought they decreased OOS tuition.....

Also, for anyone going to attend MSUCOM as OOS student, what led you do that decision since their OOS tuition is known to be hefty?