2021-2022 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this mean WL movement will start early this year given that they had room to give out A's?
I would assume so. I was placed at the Macomb site which was my second choice (Detroit was first and full). With those 2 having less seats there may be spots either open currently or opening up.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! Mind sharing stats? I always expected them to call on Thursday or Friday. Now I’m going to be on alert 24/7
Congratulations! Did they call you? Or was it just an email?
Thank you! I was expecting a Thursday or Friday as well so I was completely thrown off. Yes they did call and sent the email same day and portal was updated same day. You can DM me for stats. But I am non-traditional with upward trend in UG and reinvention with a graduate certificate and Master's degree. Over 9000 clinical hours, 2000 community service and leadership as well. I also went to MSU for UG

Reactions: 5 users
I was trying to find an apartment in Hannah Lofts as that's what I heard where most med students live; however, there's no more 2 bedrooms available and the leases don't open till august.

Are The Lodges of East Lansing Apartments good? i wanted a quiet place where you would be able to study away from the noise and also where some med students live also. Any recommendations would be appreciated....cheap 1 bed or 2bed/2bath would be fine too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was trying to find an apartment in Hannah Lofts as that's what I heard where most med students live; however, there's no more 2 bedrooms available and the leases don't open till august.

Are The Lodges of East Lansing Apartments good? i wanted a quiet place where you would be able to study away from the noise and also where some med students live also. Any recommendations would be appreciated....cheap 1 bed or 2bed/2bath would be fine too.
I lived at the lodges for 2 years in undergrad. My experience was pretty good. I was on the top floor and on the new side towards the end by woods so I felt like it was pretty quiet unless someone had a party going on in their place nearby but I never had a problem with noise while trying to study. However, the pool gets very loud in the summer so if your apartment is by that it could get hard to study. I wouldn’t say it is the cheapest apartment in EL but with the newer apartments on grand river its also not the most expensive. I personally am not sure if I would live there during med school, I know people do but it just seems more of an undergrad place to me; probably bc I was in undergrad while living there but still😂

Just got the call! Got the A. Interviewed 3/21

April fools 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know any other good apartments to rent for med students that are quiet to study? Hannah lofts seems to be full and I heard berrytree doesn't have good maintenance, and east lodges seems a lil expensive. Looking for a 1bed around 700$ or a 2bed/2bath around $1250 or less total.

Would appreciate any recommendations!!

Does anyone know any other good apartments to rent for med students that are quiet to study? Hannah lofts seems to be full and I heard berrytree doesn't have good maintenance, and east lodges seems a lil expensive. Looking for a 1bed around 700$ or a 2bed/2bath around $1250 or less total.

hi! Try Glenwood -- I lived there during my senior yr at MSU and liked it, no complaints. It is a berry tree community apartment but we had good maintenance service when needed. I lived in Lodges during my junior year and do not recommend, not only is the rent $$$ but the up charge utility like crazy every month :(

hi! Try Glenwood -- I lived there during my senior yr at MSU and liked it, no complaints. It is a berry tree community apartment but we had good maintenance service when needed. I lived in Lodges during my junior year and do not recommend, not only is the rent $$$ but the up charge utility like crazy every month :(
Thanks for the info. Just checked but Glenwood doesn't have any 2 beds with 2 baths only 1 bath unfortunately :(
would you happen to know if the berrytree apartment is good? maybe i just heard wrong from someone and its fine. If its not, I was thinking about maybe castle pointe but don't know if its a quiet and safe area.

Members don't see this ad :)

I lived in Berrytree before and honestly thought the maintenance was good. You submit your request through their app and depending on how busy their workers are, they can come by to fix things within the day or the next day. The only thing I personally didn't like was that the train track is right next to it, but you get used to it.

Did anyone hear any decisions today?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
T1 Waitlist just now -- OOS, no ties to the state, lots of international electives, 509 (unbalanced), 3.75 cgpa, 3.6 sgpa

EDIT: Interviewed 3/7

Last edited:
Post II R 3.6, 517 academic IA and first quartile Casper. 3/3 interview

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
T2 waitlisted just now!
Interviewed 3/3, 3.45GPA/510MCAT, OOS.
Best wishes to everyone.

I lived in Berrytree before and honestly thought the maintenance was good. You submit your request through their app and depending on how busy their workers are, they can come by to fix things within the day or the next day. The only thing I personally didn't like was that the train track is right next to it, but you get used to it.
Yeah, I've heard there's a train that goes right beside it. You know if it goes by often lol because I'll be studying in my apartment the majority of the time and don't want it to be a distraction. If it doesn't then I guess I'll get an apartment at Berrytree :). Thanks for the help by the way!

T1 Waitlist, interviewed 3/3

Y’all have me stressed out haha
Like I said before a T1 is not a death sentence. There is a reason MSU has a a T1/ T2/ T3. They would not have 2 additional tiers if the didn't regularly go through most of the T1's. I know some years they don't go thru all the T1 but even those years I assume they go thru most of them.

Did you have any red flags in your app? A 517 not getting an acceptance to a DO schools worries me a tad. Are you OOS?
Academic IA (institutional action for plagiarism) and 1st Casper (lowest) may be fine individually, but I suspect that put together they become a huge red flag.

Fortunate to have another acceptance, but I was hoping to stay near home as me and my autistic brother are very close. It is what it is 8 hours away isn't that bad I'm planning on visiting once a month.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I've heard there's a train that goes right beside it. You know if it goes by often lol because I'll be studying in my apartment the majority of the time and don't want it to be a distraction. If it doesn't then I guess I'll get an apartment at Berrytree :). Thanks for the help by the way!
I mean it's not like a train goes by every 30-minutes. Maybe like 2-3 times a day, but it varies by day. Regardless, it's not like a train goes by and now I cant study for the rest of the day. Like I said, you get used to it and it's not to the point where people cant study in their home. There's also another train track closer to Fee anyways, so you'll be near one regardless of where you are on campus.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if Club Meridian Apartments are decent for med students like in a quiet and safe area. The berrytree apartment isn't available till august and I didn't wanna move twice lol; there's one at club meridian which would work out if its a nice apartment.

Are they really expecting that many people to withdraw their A's? They placed us all in a WL and there's so many of us! Can't they just send A's to everybody with a WL😭

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone tell me about the waitlist movement for site placement? So accepted students get priority over site before waitlisted students choose theirs? I was placed at neither my 1st or 2nd choice and they said they put me on the waitlist for my 1st choice. Does that mean even if a spot opens up for my second choice, I still won’t be put on it? I really don’t want to end up at the site I’m placed in

Have any accepted students received their financial aid offer? All I’m hearing is crickets since filling out my FAFSA form for MSU.

Are they really expecting that many people to withdraw their A's? They placed us all in a WL and there's so many of us! Can't they just send A's to everybody with a WL😭
MSU is probably the best DO school in the country, I imagine the only WL movement we see would be people going to MD programs. Tuition for OOS is 65K which isn't the worst (50K is about average), but may cause some students to pick a different school (say PCOM with scholarship).

That being said, I would normally expect very little WL movement but MSU does have 3 tiers of WL. I imagine they wouldn't have 3 tiers unless they regularly use up at least most of tier 1.

I say prepare to reapply or go elsewhere (if you got another A), but keep a small amount of hope of you are a T1.

MSU is probably the best DO school in the country, I imagine the only WL movement we see would be people going to MD programs. Tuition for OOS is 65K which isn't the worst (50K is about average), but may cause some students to pick a different school (say PCOM with scholarship).

That being said, I would normally expect very little WL movement but MSU does have 3 tiers of WL. I imagine they wouldn't have 3 tiers unless they regularly use up at least most of tier 1.

I say prepare to reapply or go elsewhere (if you got another A), but keep a small amount of hope of you are a T1.
yeah, I agree. I was just looking at the WL movement from last year and a lot of people from T1 weren't accepted. A few years ago tho, they did give A's to a lot of people with WL. I don't know what the expectations are for this year but it can go both ways I guess

yeah, I agree. I was just looking at the WL movement from last year and a lot of people from T1 weren't accepted. A few years ago tho, they did give A's to a lot of people with WL. I don't know what the expectations are for this year but it can go both ways I guess
Not only that, but they give campus priority to accepted students when a student withdraws (so if you got in but are on a campus WL you get that spot before someone who got admitted from the WL). I would expect to be put in Macomb should any of us be fortunate enough to get in.

T1 waitlist just now, interview 3/17 OOS

Last edited:
I just got an email with a rejection for the PA program. I’m so confused. Does anyone know what happened?

• Haha
I guess that means they don't want you to be a PA...
I'm so scared it was meant to be a rejection from the DO school. I called the admissions officec but didn't get an answer. Emailing now. Did anyone else from the week of the 21st hear back? I interviewed on the 23rd.

Those who have recieved a decision, is it viewable on your portal? Nothing on my portal has been updated.

I'm so scared it was meant to be a rejection from the DO school. I called the admissions officec but didn't get an answer. Emailing now. Did anyone else from the week of the 21st hear back? I interviewed on the 23rd.
I got one from the PA school too. Please update me on what they say!