2021-2022 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my A here. Hoping it goes to one of you guys still waiting! Good luck out there!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Guys I got the call this morning I cannot believe it :') I am still in shock

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call at 10 am this morning! Good luck to everyone else waiting, I know how hard it is don't lose hope!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
T1 waitlist here. For everyone who got accepted off the waitlist so far this cycle, have you all either written a letter of intent or an update letter?

Reactions: 1 user
Still waiting. Tier 1. Feeling really down today. Interviewed 3/15 sent letter of intent and updates before interview.

Still waiting. Tier 1. Feeling really down today. Interviewed 3/15 sent letter of intent and updates before interview.
Same :( interviewed 3/21 waitlisted 4/11, I'm really hoping we are in the next batch

T1 waitlist here. For everyone who got accepted off the waitlist so far this cycle, have you all either written a letter of intent or an update letter?
I wrote a detailed LOI and updated my activities list a week after interviewing. After receiving news I received a position on the T1 WL, I emailed the office of admissions once a week emphasizing my exclusive interest in attending MSUCOM and questioned the status of my application. I don’t know if that had any impact on my acceptance but that’s what I did

I wrote a detailed LOI and updated my activities list a week after interviewing. After receiving news I received a position on the T1 WL, I emailed the office of admissions once a week emphasizing my exclusive interest in attending MSUCOM and questioned the status of my application. I don’t know if that had any impact on my acceptance but that’s what I did
Did they answer your specific application status questions or just a generic reply?

Did they answer your specific application status questions or just a generic reply?
yep, the same message would be sent over and over again too. A friend told me it doesn’t matter and to keep trying

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I wrote a letter of intent and also included some updates in the letter, I sent it in a week and a half ago and got the call yesterday

Any accepted students willing to look into Facebook or groupme to estimate how full the class is? (Or rough estimate of percentage of first years vs upperclassmen?)

Any accepted students willing to look into Facebook or groupme to estimate how full the class is? (Or rough estimate of percentage of first years vs upperclassmen?)
there are 300 people in the FB group rn

Any off-the-waitlist-in-May folk get their financial aid packages yet?

I applied for FAFSA the day I got in at the beginning of the month and still haven't heard back, afraid I already messed something up ._.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
How we doin T1 w/o A peeps? Rn I'm feeling pretty down about the chances :confused:

• Sad
How we doin T1 w/o A peeps? Rn I'm feeling pretty down about the chances :confused:
Long time stalker, first-time poster. I'm an IS non-trad, late application submitter. Interviewed 3/1, Tier 1 waitlisted 3/28. Been hoping and praying for that call but I'm afraid we might be out of luck 🥲

• Care
Long time stalker, first-time poster. I'm an IS non-trad, late application submitter. Interviewed 3/1, Tier 1 waitlisted 3/28. Been hoping and praying for that call but I'm afraid we might be out of luck 🥲
I'm also IS non-trad. I was so hopeful about my tier 1 spot but really starting to loose hope. Just really bummed since this was my 3rd app cycle and I'm not sure I can afford a fourth. 😔

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
The only thing giving me the slightest bit of hope is that we haven't received that mass waitlist rejection email that was sent out last cycle on May 18th, when the class was full and finalized.

The only thing giving me the slightest bit of hope is that we haven't received that mass waitlist rejection email that was sent out last cycle on May 18th, when the class was full and finalized.
Yea, that's the only glimmer of hope left in my eyes as well. It seems the days of all T1s receiving As are gone; we've entered a harsh world of comparatively anemic waitlist movement. The silver lining in all of this is that we will learn of our fate sooner rather than later as the first week of June approaches.

Praise the Lord! I got the call about 15 minutes ago as well!!! Omg I'm hoping for good news for all of my fellow Tier 1s still holding on! Don't give up!

• Care
  • Love
Will be withdrawing my acceptance today, hope it goes to one of you fine folks still waiting!

Reactions: 4 users
T2 here, and same!!!! Best wishes to everyone. I am profoundly sure that everyone is led to the path that they are meant.

• Love
Withdrew my acceptance this week, hope it goes to one of you amazing people!

As a four-time reapplicant who finally got in this year, I just want to say that my DMs are open for anyone who wants to talk.

Y’all have done great work so far and will for sure make great doctors one day.

• Care