2020-2021 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When Laurie called, she said that the possibility of getting in EL is pretty high, but it does have a WL to get in, so she cautioned me about getting a place to live if that’s my first choice!
Do you know how going completely online for summer would work?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know how going completely online for summer would work?
Yeah! So, we just got an email about this. Biochem and Evidence-Based Health Sciences are going to be completely online. Anatomy is hybrid, where the lectures are online and cadaver lab is in person. Cadaver lab can be, under certain circumstances with approval, be online, too!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will be withdrawing my T1 spot from the waitlist. It’s been a long and tough cycle for many of us, so I wish you all the best of luck on your journey ❤️
How did you withdraw your waitlisted application. Is it on the portal.....because I can't seem to withdraw it from the portal. Or did you email admissions to withdraw. thanks in advance.

Will be withdrawing my sought after T3 waitlist spot. Just got my first acceptance to an in state MD school:)
How did you withdraw your waitlisted application. Is it on the portal.....because I can't seem to withdraw it from the portal. Or did you email admissions to withdraw. thanks in advance.

Will be withdrawing my T1 spot from the waitlist. It’s been a long and tough cycle for many of us, so I wish you all the best of luck on your journey ❤️
Gave up my position on the T1 WL yesterday, hope it gets to the rest you guys faster!! Good luck!!

Will be withdrawing my sought after T3 waitlist spot. Just got my first acceptance to an in state MD school:)

So at this point, what does anyone think about chances for those who are T2 waitlisted? Think they've gotten toward the lower end of T1? I was hopeful before but the clock is ticking lol.

So at this point, what does anyone think about chances for those who are T2 waitlisted? Think they've gotten toward the lower end of T1? I was hopeful before but the clock is ticking lol.
Well I must be riding the bottom of T1 then, with traffic day so soon I’m praying they finish off T1 very soon and assuming start T2.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So is this the first year the DO schools have done a hard deadline for choosing one acceptance? Seems like in years past they gave deadlines with each individual acceptance. Or am I completely wrong? Just curious how much movement we should expect after the 15th.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Well I must be riding the bottom of T1 then, with traffic day so soon I’m praying they finish off T1 very soon and assuming start T2.
I must be at the bottom of Tier 1 too then 🤔

Just sitting at the bottom of tier 1 patiently but impatiently waiting for a call so I can stop this mcat grind and just put this effort into medical school 🥲 this feels like limbo

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Crossing my fingers that there will be a lot of waitlist movement next week since decisions had to be made today 🙏

Reactions: 3 users
Crossing my fingers that there will be a lot of waitlist movement next week since decisions had to be made today 🙏
Same 🙏 I feel like they have to be anticipating movement because otherwise why would they just leave the T2 waitlist just hanging? I feel like we'd have been R'd at this point if not.

Same 🙏 I feel like they have to be anticipating movement because otherwise why would they just leave the T2 waitlist just hanging? I feel like we'd have been R'd at this point if not.
Exactly! I’m from Washington State so I’m hoping to hear sooner rather than later so I can figure out how to move my life across the country within a few weeks if I end up getting an acceptance 😂

Does anyone know if they’re going to plan for on-campus learning or remote?

Does anyone know if they’re going to plan for on-campus learning or remote?
Summer term, classes are online with anatomy being a hybrid having one lab a week in person. Plans for MSU to go fully back in person by fall, but I feel like schools have been saying that for a year so fingers crossed.

Exactly! I’m from Washington State so I’m hoping to hear sooner rather than later so I can figure out how to move my life across the country within a few weeks if I end up getting an acceptance 😂
Same! I’m in California so that move is gonna be a lil rough hope i don’t have to Airbnb until i find a place LOL

Same! I’m in California so that move is gonna be a lil rough hope i don’t have to Airbnb until i find a place LOL
All us OOS folks can just sleep under the anatomy lab tables for week 1 lol. I keep thinking I should look for an apartment but it seems like a lot of WL movement has led to Macomb placement and I'd prefer EL.

All us OOS folks can just sleep under the anatomy lab tables for week 1 lol. I keep thinking I should look for an apartment but it seems like a lot of WL movement has led to Macomb placement and I'd prefer EL.
Yeah that’s what i keep seeing too I’ve kept in touch with some apartment complexes and on the fb page it seems like ppl are subleasing their places for the summer so I’m not too worried about going on WL for EL and finding a place if i do end up coming off (and accepted LOL)

Hi friends, I'm in a little bit of a bind: accepted off the T1 waitlist on 05/08 and chose EL as my first option, with Macomb being my second. Received an email on 05/13 saying I was placed at Macomb and waitlisted at EL. Anyone know if the WL movement at EL will continue through the summer? I'm OOS/international and have been approved to do the summer term virtually, and would be fine with being accepted off the WL into the summer and moving up in August.

Alternatively, should I just bite the hypothetical bullet and plan to stay in Macomb for my preclinical years, and look for housing now? I work till the first week of June but (hypothetically) would be able to move up in 10 days, before classes start. I've heard DMC and Macomb are good places to be for research, since hospitals are close, so that's swaying me towards thinking Macomb might not be too bad, but am having serious FOMO about missing out the traditional MSUCOM experience.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Anyone know if they’re doing phone calls every day or on just certain days of the week for those that are waitlisted?

• Hmm
Anyone know if they’re doing phone calls every day or on just certain days of the week for those that are waitlisted?
Thats a good question. I interviewed 2/13 and was waitlisted in april. MI resident for Lansing campus and would like to get off the WL. I do not know if they have certain days they make calls on.

I think it's just whenever they release decisions during the week. There doesn't seem to be a certain day to look forward to; it just happens.

Why are the only two schools that I'm waitllisted at having slow WL movement. . .? It's so frustrating

Just got offered a spot in EL today after being placed at macomb on 5/7.

Perhaps you should hear more WL movement since they're moving some people around.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Also taken off the WL for EL this morning, from Macomb!

Does that mean some Macomb spots are going to open for us on the WL??

Just got offered a spot in EL today after being placed at macomb on 5/7.
Alright kids time to overthink every post on this thread until I get an A. Any movement from one site to another at this point in the cycle is likely indicative of seats opening up somewhere as movement at the Detroit site is pretty much not happening at all. So lets hope for a little wl movement soon, pls.

edit: ope you all just said the same thing lol.