2022-2023 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II offered 10/13. Interview date is 10/24. In state. 50* MCAT. GPA 3.32. Working with a family med doctor for the past year.

Keep up hope everyone! I know how discouraging this process can be but it only ends when you stop hoping and trying.

Reactions: 2 users
II offered 10/13. Interview date is 10/24. In state. 50* MCAT. GPA 3.32. Working with a family med doctor for the past year.

Keep up hope everyone! I know how discouraging this process can be but it only ends when you stop hoping and trying.
When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out why some didn't recieve that email. It's sent to everyone who has been marked complete for 90 day.

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance off the waitlist today!! Such a fast turnaround, I’m crying tears of joy!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Acceptance off the waitlist today!! Such a fast turnaround, I’m crying tears of joy!!!!
Congrats! I had no clue some schools had waitlist movement this early! Makes me want to know what’s happening behind the scenes even more lol

Congrats! I had no clue some schools had waitlist movement this early! Makes me want to know what’s happening behind the scenes even more lol
In my experiences with OSU-COM, I've been told by Lindsey Yoder and others in admissions that they use their waitlist a LOT. Something like ~60% of their class comes from the waitlist, and basically they are revisiting/reconsidering the waitlisted applicants pretty often.

Reactions: 4 users
In my experiences with OSU-COM, I've been told by Lindsey Yoder and others in admissions that they use their waitlist a LOT. Something like ~60% of their class comes from the waitlist, and basically they are revisiting/reconsidering the waitlisted applicants pretty often.
This is why I always encourage people to look up the waitlist trends for the schools they apply to. For some schools you have a slim chance of getting off, others, a very good chance. Some put hundreds of applicants on their waitlist, some put 60. It really varies.

Check out these sites:

IS II!! Just got the call! Didn't expect them to call tbh

Is there a topic already on preparing for the interview? Or any tips/what it’s like in general?
I interviewed a few cycles ago, and I can confirm what others have said about it being very conversational. When I interviewed, they had a group "interview" that was more like a discussion on a hypothetical, moral/ethical situation and how you'd approach it. Then, when we broke, we all had our 2:1 interviews (1 faculty and 1 practicing physician for each applicant) where they asked the more personal questions to get to know you. Nothing was really tricky or "on-the-spot," but definitely have in mind generally how you'd answer very common questions like: Why medicine? Why DO? How do you cope with stress? A time you had to overcome a challenge to accomplish a goal.. etc

Oh-- and when they ask you to tell them about you, tell them about who you are as a person! Don't fall into what many others do and start basically reciting your CV and accomplishments to them, unless it's something super non-academic like horse racing, or gymnastics, or something lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed a few cycles ago, and I can confirm what others have said about it being very conversational. When I interviewed, they had a group "interview" that was more like a discussion on a hypothetical, moral/ethical situation and how you'd approach it. Then, when we broke, we all had our 2:1 interviews (1 faculty and 1 practicing physician for each applicant) where they asked the more personal questions to get to know you. Nothing was really tricky or "on-the-spot," but definitely have in mind generally how you'd answer very common questions like: Why medicine? Why DO? How do you cope with stress? A time you had to overcome a challenge to accomplish a goal.. etc

Oh-- and when they ask you to tell them about you, tell them about who you are as a person! Don't fall into what many others do and start basically reciting your CV and accomplishments to them, unless it's something super non-academic like horse racing, or gymnastics, or something lol.

This is great feedback, thank you. Do they look at our personal statements and activities and things before the interview? Or assume they know nothing about us/our application?

This is great feedback, thank you. Do they look at our personal statements and activities and things before the interview? Or assume they know nothing about us/our application?
They do have access to those materials, so assume they know whats on your application and include more things about yourself and who you are when you interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello Guys! I found out that OSU-COM conducts in-person interviews. Does anyone know if they have virtual interview option as well?

From what I was told during that cycle, they do see your personal statement, and I believe your responses to the secondary application questions. They don't have your GPA or MCAT (idk about research or other academic ventures) until after the interview.

Does anyone know if it is reasonable to ask Lindsay about what you should be focusing on to improve your application on the wait list? Or does this need to be done after the rejection.

Did anyone else have problems/not able to get the discount rates for the hotels in the confirmation email for interviews?

Did anyone else have problems/not able to get the discount rates for the hotels in the confirmation email for interviews?
The link wasn’t working for me for Holiday Inn, so I just called the hotel and asked if they had a discounted rate for the school. They applied it and booked my room over the phone, so I was good to go after that!

• Love
The link wasn’t working for me for Holiday Inn, so I just called the hotel and asked if they had a discounted rate for the school. They applied it and booked my room over the phone, so I was good to go after that!
Thank you!! I did the same and got the rate

• Love
Does anyone know if it is reasonable to ask Lindsay about what you should be focusing on to improve your application on the wait list? Or does this need to be done after the rejection.
I don’t think it would hurt. I remained in communication with her after my waitlist and she was always very kind and responsive. She might not tell you anything specific since they usually don’t talk about improvements until an outright rejection. But I think it’s important to still show interest in the school so use your best judgement of course :)

Anyone know how this school feels about thank you letters?

Anyone else that interviewed 10/24 heard back?
Nope, I was hoping it’d be soon, though. Definitely getting eager to hear back lol

I'm hoping more interview invites will be given soon....

• Care
Got the call today with choice of campus! Interviewed 10/24

Edit: OOS

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got the call today too!! Just now. So excited.

• Love
Got the call, accepted with choice of campus! See you all in the fall! :)

• Love
Hey! Does anyone know how many students OSU accepts into each class? I haven't been able to find much info on class stats like IS vs OOS or M/F ratio or anything like that.

Hey! Does anyone know how many students OSU accepts into each class? I haven't been able to find much info on class stats like IS vs OOS or M/F ratio or anything like that.

I don’t know personally, but the choosedo site has all this info.

Congrats everybody that got the A!

Waitlisted from 10/24 interview day 😩

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
group chat for admitted 2023? Share link pls

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted from 10/24 interview day 😩
Hang in there!! This school LOVES to use their wait list, given the rolling admissions model, I think. I always heard at their recruitment events that somewhere between 50-60% of what becomes their admitted class in a given cycle comes from the wait list. Don't lose hope! And if you can, try to keep adding volunteer or clinical experiences while you wait, and you can update your app as you do!

Anyone know when Admitted Students Day is? I looked on the portal under "Upcoming Events," but I'm not seeing anything.

Hey! I'm just curious: about how long after your primary apps were complete and verified in AACOMAS did you all receive a secondary application?

For me it was 2 days
Awesome, thank you! I'll just wait a bit longer before getting in my head, then. 🤪 Mine was AACOMAS-verified at like 12:30am, but I didn't remember how quickly the secondaries went out. It's been a couple years since I last applied!

Awesome, thank you! I'll just wait a bit longer before getting in my head, then. Mine was AACOMAS-verified at like 12:30am, but I didn't remember how quickly the secondaries went out. It's been a couple years since I last applied!

Some places were closed for Veterans Day and with it being a weekend now, it might take longer. Mine probably happened so quickly because it was in the middle of the week.

Some places were closed for Veterans Day and with it being a weekend now, it might take longer. Mine probably happened so quickly because it was in the middle of the week.
Yeah, that would make sense! I randomly got the email link to the secondary this morning at around 9:30! So, it's all good, now! :p
😂