2022-2023 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
daang is it actually (almost) full then? šŸ„²
The fb group only has 274 members now, not even 300 yet, so Iā€™d think they still have more As to give :)

Although if they could hurry up that would be great šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The fb group only has 274 members now, not even 300 yet, so Iā€™d think they still have more As to give :)

Although if they could hurry up that would be great šŸ˜­
does ~300 mean full? so like 25 spots left?

Members don't see this ad :)
does ~300 mean full? so like 25 spots left?
I donā€™t think itā€™s an exact representation of the spots available but in past sdn threads, people have said there was over 300 people in the fb groups by May

Reactions: 1 user
The account is run by mcatbros (not a proper admin) so that number could easily be inflated by curious applicants who havenā€™t actually been accepted.

Respectfully, I donā€™t think MSUCOM is a good school. Everyone should withdraw from this school šŸ˜ˆ

• Haha
Respectfully, I donā€™t think MSUCOM is a good school. Everyone should withdraw from this school

MSUCOM is a great school despite the fact that unfortunately many great applicants donā€™t get accepted. There is a limit to how many people they accept and that does mean having to reject other qualified applicants. This is the case for every school in the US so I definitely wouldnā€™t call them that for this reason. Best of luck and truly hope you hear back !

MSUCOM is a great school despite the fact that unfortunately many great applicants donā€™t get accepted. There is a limit to how many people they accept and that does mean having to reject other qualified applicants. This is the case for every school in the US so I definitely wouldnā€™t call them that for this reason. Best of luck and truly hope you hear back !
I was kidding bruh. Tryna get others to withdraw so I can get accepted hahaha. I thought the joke was pretty obvious

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I was kidding bruh. Tryna get others to withdraw so I can get accepted hahaha. I thought the joke was pretty obvious

Lol I know but the group me has less than 300 people in it. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll hear back. It does seem like they have a lot more acceptances to give.

I just don't understand how they did nothing this week :oops:
Yeah, me either. Next week would be the last expected week for WL movement? Or is there also some movement throughout beginnings of June?

Yeah, me either. Next week would be the last expected week for WL movement? Or is there also some movement throughout beginnings of June?
I emailed admissions about the end date of waitlist movement and mentioned what they said in the waitlist email ā€œStudents may be offered admission from the waitlist until the first week of Juneā€. They replied with ā€œthere is no end date at the moment.ā€

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it possible that the waitlist movement starts late this year because the school year also starts late (late July instead of June)?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten accepted this cycle or prior cycles with an mcat <500 or do they have a strict cutoff?

I will likely be on the WL for my first choice until august, I heard people withdraw even after orientation.

Any movement today? Donā€™t even care if itā€™s not for me at this point haha. I just wanna see movement.

this is maddening

ive not seen a single year like this going back many many threads ago

Whatā€™s going on with MSU this year? Maybe the class is full now and they are waiting for people to abandon their seats!

Tier 1 WL so far:

actuallyaturnip ā€“ [ACCEPTED]
tomyumsoup ā€“ [ACCEPTED]
bmedoc32 ā€“ [ACCEPTED]
cattyowner123 ā€“ [ACCEPTED]
lalosalamanca ā€“ [ACCEPTED]
lels123 ā€“ [ACCEPTED]
catperson92 ā€“ [ACCEPTED]
dermdoc2027 ā€“ [ACCEPTED]
katydid2023 - [ACCEPTED]
131131131 ā€“ [ACCEPTED]
Yamiyeet ā€“ [ACCEPTED]
mt3296 - [ACCEPTED]
Delverix - [ACCEPTED]
bremedstyudent - [ACCEPTED]
bobbyrocky - [ACCEPTED]
Christos - [ACCEPTED]
lovelyhummingbird - [ACCEPTED]
premed-pn - [ACCEPTED]
medgirl1973 - [ACCEPTED]
A_Lightswitch - [ACCEPTED]
yungfaraoh
brightskies
descendoz
mercedesbenzaldehyde
gorock
lululemonminus
math-wizo
mickey68549
hohoho12345
fordf150-tailgater
shibumyweebu
space navigator
Joaco
rommel
suemash
pf101

Total WLers: 36
Accepted: 20
Remaining: 16

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the acceptance email this morning! Interviewed 03/20 and was on first tier WL

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I received an acceptance this morning as well off the first tier WL. Interviewed 3/17 and WL on 4/10. Mid 500s MCAT and 4.0 GPA, OOS.

Historically, there has been pretty good movement off WLs, so what makes this year different? Well this year there was relatively recent approval for a later start date; this is the variable that sets this year apart from others. If we loosely apply Occam's Razor, it seems reasonable that adcoms is moving through the WL a bit slower as they have been afforded additional time to deliberate candidates - to me this seems more plausible than adcoms shifting historical protocols to attain the target class size, or that students this year are simply holding on to acceptance in record numbers exceeding the previous 5 or so cycles. Anyway, I just made this account today to let you guys know that there's still movement at this time, I know you each will make exceptional physicians - believe in yourselves as you've already made it this far.

I got an acceptance email in the morning as well. Interviewed on 1/30 and was on first tier WL. Iā€™m Canadian/international

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on March 14th, Placed on the first tier waitlist on March 31st, I received an A email at 8:15 this morning, and no call for me either!